Author Topic: Protein Powders... yeah yeah i know  (Read 30891 times)

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: Protein Powders... yeah yeah i know
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2012, 09:28:06 AM »
Though it certainly is not as cheap as something like whey concentrate.
Exactly. And most of the guys on here are only doing the whites so that takes out about half the protein per egg as well (from my understanding). I will make an effort to eat more whole food while dieting simply because shakes don't fill me up at all so I need something more solid, but otherwise I don't think anyone should worry about having a protein shake.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2012, 11:36:18 AM »

Cookies and Cream tastes AMAAAAAAAAZING!

I have this but in plain vanilla, not to sweet.

BustinAss

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • GH is a helluva drug!
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2012, 12:17:47 PM »
1 carton of egg whites is 100 grams of protein approximately. Each carton is $3.50. I'm sure if you bought in bulk or the generic brand it would cost less.

So what I do is I drink 1 carton per day, $1.75 per meal since I drink half a carton in one sitting mixed with nesquik, which is not bad to me IMO. Though it certainly is not as cheap as something like whey concentrate.

1 carton of eggs in EUrope costs not more then 1.20 euro-->1.50dollar. Thats 10 eggs. WIth the banana my more then healthy and awesome meal costs 1.70dollar. Thats fucking cheap and not to forget compelety natural with NO shit form factory.

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2012, 01:35:37 PM »
I noticed better gains when I started adding alot of whole milk in my diet and dropped the shakes all together. Cheap easy way to get that extra protein in, one cup has like 10 grams of protein. milk also builds muscle by elevating IGF levels.  icecream too I guess before gh15 chimes in...lol..

LOL! :D
The only thing that whole milk build is fat around your thighs!
Whole milk and Skim milk are GARBAGE FOOD nowdays because are full of estrogen!!!
If you want to build muscle you have to eat lean meats,fish and eggs along with good carbs like oats and fruit and vegetables.
Adding Whole Milk,Low Fat Milk or Skim Milk or any Dairy Products will only DETERIORATE YOUR PHYSIQUE because you'll eventually add to your body females hormones (ESTROGEN) and one of the worst kind of sugar (LACTOSE).
Whey Protein that are a derivate of Milk will DETERIORATE YOUR PHYSIQUE TOO because are full of ESTROGEN!
Stay away from Milk,Dairy product or Whey protein if you want to look like a RIPPED MUSCULAR MAN!
If instead you want to look like an ESTROGENIC FAT PIG eat Milk or his derivates!
I you do not believe me read this article below:
http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.07/11-dairy.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2012, 05:36:51 PM »
LOL! :D
The only thing that whole milk build is fat around your thighs!
Whole milk and Skim milk are GARBAGE FOOD nowdays because are full of estrogen!!!
If you want to build muscle you have to eat lean meats,fish and eggs along with good carbs like oats and fruit and vegetables.
Adding Whole Milk,Low Fat Milk or Skim Milk or any Dairy Products will only DETERIORATE YOUR PHYSIQUE because you'll eventually add to your body females hormones (ESTROGEN) and one of the worst kind of sugar (LACTOSE).
Whey Protein that are a derivate of Milk will DETERIORATE YOUR PHYSIQUE TOO because are full of ESTROGEN!
Stay away from Milk,Dairy product or Whey protein if you want to look like a RIPPED MUSCULAR MAN!
If instead you want to look like an ESTROGENIC FAT PIG eat Milk or his derivates!
I you do not believe me read this article below:
http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.07/11-dairy.html
I would have agree with you as recently as a few months ago but that article is 6 years old and there are  lot's of  recent info about the benefit of full fat, non-homogenized dairy

I haven't yet found a good source or raw milk and not sure that I would even want to take  the risk but I've been drinking full fat, non-homogenized, grass fed and low heat paturized milk and I really like it

Here's the stuff I buy: http://www.stbenoit.com/html/milk.html

This article by John Meadows is what got me thinking about it
http://www.t-nation.com/strength-training-topics/1284

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2012, 06:19:41 PM »
Exactly. And most of the guys on here are only doing the whites so that takes out about half the protein per egg as well (from my understanding). I will make an effort to eat more whole food while dieting simply because shakes don't fill me up at all so I need something more solid, but otherwise I don't think anyone should worry about having a protein shake.

well we do whites because we buy them from the carton and we don't throw away any yolks...we just drink it like milk

whatever you're doing is just fine though broseph, when you posted your 180lbs pics you looked fucking amazing

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »
Vitol Egg White Protein Powder tastes delicious.

Especially when compared to Healthy 'N Fit.

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2012, 06:34:31 PM »
this egg white powder seems like the way to go...wheres everyone getting this?

i seen someone posted a link in one of the above posts....at $5 a carton for liquid, the powder is the way to go here in nj lol

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2012, 06:41:07 PM »
Myprotein.co.uk Impact Whey Isolate - haven't used anything else in years.

X2
Buy a few bags, and you're good to go for a decent price.  :)

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2012, 06:44:27 PM »
this egg white powder seems like the way to go...wheres everyone getting this?

i seen someone posted a link in one of the above posts....at $5 a carton for liquid, the powder is the way to go here in nj lol

http://www.dynamicfitness.com/SearchResult.aspx?Manufacturer=290&view=all

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2012, 06:47:40 PM »
http://www.dynamicfitness.com/SearchResult.aspx?Manufacturer=290&view=all

nice thanks bro....this is the best place to buy it i take it/price wise. seems pretty well priced

i still have a couple tubs of whey, so when they run out i'll give these a go i think

ingredients all seem pretty natural, not quite as natural as pure egg whites but close lol

dfresh

• Getbig III

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2012, 06:50:53 PM »
nice thanks bro....this is the best place to buy it i take it/price wise. seems pretty well priced

i still have a couple tubs of whey, so when they run out i'll give these a go i think

ingredients all seem pretty natural, not quite as natural as pure egg whites but close lol

like i said in earlier post, egg protein powders are gross

the ones in the carton are the best

dfresh

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2012, 07:03:35 PM »
like i said in earlier post, egg protein powders are gross

the ones in the carton are the best

pure egg whites dont taste that good  :-X

the one link has pure egg white powder, which probably tastes about the same..and i know the egg protein shake definitely tastes better lol

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2012, 07:10:20 PM »
isopure is good but i also liked ON hydrolysate

202-Freak

• Getbig II
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2012, 05:49:58 AM »
The biggest change to my diet in years happened just recently. I got completely off whey protein and switched over to the Carnivore brand of beef protein. For whatever reason, whey was bloating me out and it was annoying the hell out of me. There's nothing worse than busting your ass trying to look your best, and then feeling like a bloated hog after having drank a protein shake. Since I switch to beef protein, I don't feel bloated at all and I have no plans on ever going back to whey.

I don't know if this is true or not, but a doctor told me that the reason why beef is more suited to my body is because of the genetics of my family heritage, which is Scottish.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2012, 12:12:39 PM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2012, 02:31:26 PM »
Simply pick the cheapest one you can find, and as long as it tastes/digests good, there is no need to switch to an expensive & "innovative" brand, it WON'T make you more massive or shredded.

Proteinpowder = proteinpowder, forget all the hype around it

Mate

• Getbig II
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2012, 03:07:27 PM »

i have no idea what is the biological reason,, maybe humans are not made for taking 50gramms of free amino acids just to pis it out 30min later  ;)

but supps aren t just waste of money, they hold bodybuilding sucess away from the people mislead from the industry

it s poison in a pretty bottle

And how exactly do you explain all the countless studies that show how whey protein and other forms of protein supplementation are beneficial to muscle protein synthesis among other things? Please don't say that it's placebo or paid for by supplement companies, because although true in some studies, there are hundreds of independent research papers done without supp co involvement. Not to mention the thousands upon thousands of creatine studies out there. To say that bodybuilding supplements in general are "poison in every bottle" is asinine.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2012, 03:15:24 PM »
And how exactly do you explain all the countless studies that show how whey protein and other forms of protein supplementation are beneficial to muscle protein synthesis among other things? Please don't say that it's placebo or paid for by supplement companies, because although true in some studies, there are hundreds of independent research papers done without supp co involvement. Not to mention the thousands upon thousands of creatine studies out there. To say that bodybuilding supplements in general are "poison in every bottle" is asinine.

i wouldnt bother arguing about that....everyone here thinks that if it doesn't blow you up by 20 lbs within 24hrs then it's worthless

HEAVYLIFT

• Getbig II
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »
Simply pick the cheapest one you can find, and as long as it tastes/digests good, there is no need to switch to an expensive & "innovative" brand, it WON'T make you more massive or shredded.

Proteinpowder = proteinpowder, forget all the hype around it

I don't spend money on that shit, but If I had to I would buy from a reputable one like ON, reflex, or trueprotein and also myprotein.co.uk

The cheapest are most likely the worst one's

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2012, 04:25:35 PM »
I don't spend money on that shit, but If I had to I would buy from a reputable one like ON, reflex, or trueprotein and also myprotein.co.uk

The cheapest are most likely the worst one's

Getting your protein from food would be preferable, but I'm too lazy to prep 4-6 complete meals each day.
Myprotein is my source, good stuff & prices, I can't get it much cheaper elsewhere.

Mate

• Getbig II
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2012, 10:53:53 AM »
i wouldnt bother arguing about that....everyone here thinks that if it doesn't blow you up by 20 lbs within 24hrs then it's worthless

I know, but throwing everything in the same bucket of worthlessness is ridiculous.

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2012, 07:57:32 AM »

all the studies are done:

1. without real bodybuilders

2. looking for short therm results, short term means, they have to be able to measure something within minutes to hours after consumtion , they do not watch long term effects to serious athletes

3. just measuring increased protein synthesis means noting without interpretation, it s like assuming insulin pikes after workout are beneficial because they measure reduced catabolic rate, obviously not knowing that before you build new muscle the garbage from the workout has to be spilled out of the body

most sport-realted science is fucked from the beginning
nobody doe s it accurate without agenda, if done without druged up to the max top atheles it s useless to getbigger

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2012, 08:51:44 AM »
all the studies are done:

1. without real bodybuilders

2. looking for short therm results, short term means, they have to be able to measure something within minutes to hours after consumtion , they do not watch long term effects to serious athletes

3. just measuring increased protein synthesis means noting without interpretation, it s like assuming insulin pikes after workout are beneficial because they measure reduced catabolic rate, obviously not knowing that before you build new muscle the garbage from the workout has to be spilled out of the body

most sport-realted science is fucked from the beginning
nobody doe s it accurate without agenda, if done without druged up to the max top atheles it s useless to getbigger

idunno i figured protein is protein. and the shakes are easy to drink and can be had for less money than the equivalent amount of fish or beef etc