Author Topic: Protein Powders... yeah yeah i know  (Read 30891 times)

BiGHer

• Getbig IV
Re: Protein Powders... yeah yeah i know
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 01:50:10 PM »
I'm not a big protein powder guy, but here are some thoughts a recommendations:

Syntha-6 - Definitely the best tasting but has a macro count closer to a weight gainer lol.  Plenty of fat in that bad boy too (including saturated).

All-Max Isoflex (Peanut Butter Chocolate) and Species Isolyze (Vanilla Peanut Butter) - These 2 IMO are what people should turn to for a protein shake.  0 carb, 0 fat, low sodium.  Taste great and 100% isolate.  Add your own form of healthy carbs if need be.

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 01:56:19 PM »
Myprotein.co.uk Impact Whey Isolate - haven't used anything else in years.

this...

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 02:09:34 PM »
I noticed better gains when I started adding alot of whole milk in my diet and dropped the shakes all together. Cheap easy way to get that extra protein in, one cup has like 10 grams of protein. milk also builds muscle by elevating IGF levels.  icecream too I guess before gh15 chimes in...lol..
l

the trainer

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 02:16:16 PM »
i drink it straight from the tap

You mean from your boyfriend dick

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 03:39:08 PM »
I'm not a big protein powder guy, but here are some thoughts a recommendations:

Syntha-6 - Definitely the best tasting but has a macro count closer to a weight gainer lol.  Plenty of fat in that bad boy too (including saturated).

All-Max Isoflex (Peanut Butter Chocolate) and Species Isolyze (Vanilla Peanut Butter) - These 2 IMO are what people should turn to for a protein shake.  0 carb, 0 fat, low sodium.  Taste great and 100% isolate.  Add your own form of healthy carbs if need be.

what do you think about this one?  i use this one during the day if i cant eat cuz of work or dont have time to eat:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/musclefx/hydrobolic-fx.html

TheTrueVictor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 03:42:03 PM »
I personally like Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein. Has both whey AND casein in the powder!

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 03:47:01 PM »
Syntrax Nectar WPI
Optimum Casein
The only two proteins powders you'll
ever need.
T

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2012, 03:53:43 PM »
Monster Milk is very good tasting but may be too high in carbs for what you are looking for.
NOW whey isolate: cheap and quality. Taste not terrible but not good either.
Also prob. my favorite for the combination of money and taste would be Champion Nutrtition chocolate flavor.
Also, there is Denovo nutrition brand that has extremely high leucine content, but not the greatest tasting. Chocolate was all right.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2012, 03:56:16 PM »
Labrada vanilla.

Bgpapi23

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2012, 04:09:36 PM »
I don't always drink protein shakes, but when I do I use EAS.

Seriously though, if you live near a Sam's Club they have 5lb bags of EAS protein powder for $30. Best deal around.
Drink 4 of these a day after each meal, low carbs and sugar ,doesn't bloat , buy the chocolate taste excellent!

jakesonyou

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2012, 04:12:21 PM »
costco brand because there is nothing cheaper and it tastes great.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2012, 10:21:23 PM »

Cookies and Cream tastes AMAAAAAAAAZING!

chess315

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2012, 10:28:38 PM »
I been seriously debating using essential amino acids spiked with leucine or bcaa lately to be able to eat more carbs and not bloat. I was thinking maybe like

5grams bcaa
 5grams eaa even been thinking about concocting my own mix

with high leucine and bcaa and smaller quantities of the rest eaa's

maybe another way

10grams bcaa
10grams whey hydro or islolate if you did this maybe also include Citrulline malate to help it mix better

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 12:35:46 AM »
milk protein powders (casein and whey) bloat me up

egg protein works well for me but they are nasty

so fuck protein powders

just drink pasteurized egg whites, see avi

chess315

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 12:49:48 AM »
milk protein powders (casein and whey) bloat me up

egg protein works well for me but they are nasty

so fuck protein powders

just drink pasteurized egg whites, see avi
them eggs can get high but not that bad I dont mind using 50-75grams of powder but anymore then that just is not worth it. Talk about test bloat protein bloats is way worse. Its not all powder though Im seriously thinking about switching to a more synthetic diet. Everyone always preaches real food I think we are to the point we can surpass real food or equal it.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 02:13:30 AM »
I get myofusion for free. Been using it about 6 months. No complaints. Gets the job done, tastes good.
P

BustinAss

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • GH is a helluva drug!
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 02:43:29 AM »
Bunch of slacked-jawed guys around here!

The cheapest and at the same time most for body benefitial shake is...

10 eggwhites + banana

Thats it!

You will NOT find a cheaper and better shake gram for gram in the world. And it tastes excellent!

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 03:24:15 AM »
did you guys know that whey protein was basically a byproduct of the cheese production cycle?

several decades ago whey was considered garbage and the industry would send whey into the sewers until the "bodybuilding industry" found another means to make money

"Whey has generally been considered an unwanted by-product by cheese makers and in addition, a
problem to get rid of. Hence, before it was regulated by the DNR it was often dumped in fields
and into earthen seepage pits and sometimes fed to hogs. Currently there is a good market for
whey due to the development of technological processes that can produce useful products from
whey."

http://datcp.wi.gov/uploads/Food/pdf/whey_spreading.pdf

whey protein = liar filt product

to the people who swear by whey,

take the same dose and keep food intake quality the same but increase the quantity slightly. i bet you won't notice a damn difference except less bloat and less gas

you might even look a bit better

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2012, 03:43:37 AM »
did you guys know that whey protein was basically a byproduct of the cheese production cycle?

several decades ago whey was considered garbage and the industry would send whey into the sewers until the "bodybuilding industry" found another means to make money

"Whey has generally been considered an unwanted by-product by cheese makers and in addition, a
problem to get rid of. Hence, before it was regulated by the DNR it was often dumped in fields
and into earthen seepage pits and sometimes fed to hogs. Currently there is a good market for
whey due to the development of technological processes that can produce useful products from
whey."

http://datcp.wi.gov/uploads/Food/pdf/whey_spreading.pdf

whey protein = liar filt product

to the people who swear by whey,

take the same dose and keep food intake quality the same but increase the quantity slightly. i bet you won't notice a damn difference except less bloat and less gas

you might even look a bit better

so your isse is with WHEY only? or all protein powders?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2012, 03:48:59 AM »
A pure protein/pure whey powder is great when cutting!

Esp when you're sick of eating fkn cottage cheese/tuna/chicken breast/nuts etc for a snack/small meal and tiy want someting sweet/tasty for a change.

Look up Pure Whey by Reflex Nutrution. Raspberry or Choc mint.

The . Stuff. Is. Fkn, Awe. Some.

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 03:57:47 AM »
so your isse is with WHEY only? or all protein powders?

veggie protein powders mix like shit and taste worse (though i haven't tried them all)

BCAA powder tastes like laxative and does not mix well, though i don't quite doubt the effectiveness i think they have their place if you are a natural. the preflavored bcaa drinks contain shit tons of artificial sweeteners

ECAA powder tastes like medicine with a burnt tire aftertaste, seriously tastes awful

egg protein i feel is the best of all but a lot of people get allergy from egg, it has a funky smell and taste in powder form but the ones in the carton that you buy in the supermarket are golden, all you will ever need if you are tolerable to eggs

casein protein (micellar) is a good protein powder, but tastes like chalk and has a chalky consistency, when i was a natural i would take 60g of casein powder with water and every morning after i'd wakeup and my kidneys hurt after i piss

whey protein is insulingenic and tastes like mud water and also the whole idea behind "Staying anabolic" is so retarded, if you are on gear you will stay anabolic lmao. also the whole idea behind taking so much whey as the primary source of protein is fucking retarded, as PWO or PreWO. also to the people who think whey actually taste ok, no they don't they taste like shit, try taking liquid egg whites and mixing in some nesquik powder and you will know what a good damn shake tastes like not your glory mud water. if i am going to be bodybuild for life i am not going to drink and suffer drinking mudwater for life. and trust me i have tried at least 80% of the protein brands out there and i believe true protein probably has the best quality  and customizability but it certainly aint cheap

also the whole idea behind adding 60-100grams of dextrose postworkout to "replenish glycogen stores" is a bunch of hot garbage, easy way to turn yourself diabetic or fat. i think dextrose only has its place if you are insulin abuser

meal replacement drinks such as muscle milk and syntha 6 pack tons of sugar and fat from canola oil and tastes like liquid birthday cake. i feel these are targeted towards noobs aka teens who can't eat damn food and expect for these garbage supplements to pick up the caloric and protein slack

2-2.5x bodyweight in protein LMAO give me a fucking break. so for a 200 lb guy 500 grams of protein lolol. everyone who says this has ties with the supplement industry

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2012, 04:08:04 AM »
gh15 is onto something when he says go to walmart and buy damn food and egg white in the carton

and to go to supplement store and look at pretty supplement and pick it up, fondle it, make love to it, kiss it, smell it, and kindly put it back on the shelf and leave the damn store without a penny spent

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2012, 04:08:58 AM »
Optimum Nutrition 100 % Whey is the best powder out there, and its the only one I use and never will replace. If you want quality, you buy this product. It doesnt win the protein powder of the year every singel year for nothing. Simply the best!

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2012, 04:15:12 AM »
Optimum Nutrition 100 % Whey is the best powder out there, and its the only one I use and never will replace. If you want quality, you buy this product. It doesnt win the protein powder of the year every singel year for nothing. Simply the best!

i know this is how rumors get started and all, but if you try true protein whey protein concentrate, it tastes very very much like optimum's100% whey. i personally believe that trueprotein makes optimum's protein, but that is totally my own speculation

also dante said something about "my main activity in the business is to create supplements for other protein supplements, minus the pretty labels"

take my opinion with a grain of salt

also that whole bodybuilding.com supplement of the year crap is so garbage, up with them is the likes of gaspari size on, animal pak vitamins, things that are so unnecessary

also supplements are not FDA approved, who knows what the fuck is in there

listen to god of hormones on this