Author Topic: Is Lou charging the Giant Killer 20 bucks ?  (Read 5456 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Is Lou charging the Giant Killer 20 bucks ?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 05:21:53 AM »
Tell you what, Bill Grant at 60 and Danny in his early to mid 50's sure look great. Will todays pro's look that good at those ages or be six feet under?
The House that Ruth built

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 05:23:06 AM »
look how small melvin is.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 05:41:54 AM »
Lou is smiling in the pic - he MUST have got his 20 bucks.
Flower Boy Ran Away

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 06:08:18 AM »
Still has pheomenal arms and phenomenal hair at 55....

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 09:04:53 AM »
lou's smiling because he thinks he may just have come up with a lawsuit against danny.
F

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 09:13:26 AM »
look how small melvin is.

Maybe he puts too much time in the phantom of the opera routine?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2006, 09:14:42 AM »
He looks like a little child in the pic with Arnold

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 09:32:53 AM »
Tell you what, Bill Grant at 60 and Danny in his early to mid 50's sure look great. Will todays pro's look that good at those ages or be six feet under?

That's because they relied on training and nutrition foremost. Drugs were used certainly but they were the polish, they weren't the entire car. 
and keep moving!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 09:43:17 AM »
Padilla's arms are looking awesome. Don't think any other pro at that age has arms like that! Maybe Bill Grant.
just push some weight!

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »
Danny is looking good these days, especially after his bypass surgery a couple years ago.. (Quadruple?)..

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2006, 10:36:26 AM »

VERY - VERY -VERY - few...  Heck how many amateurs. I will say less than the PRO's..  It's very sad indeed.   

Thank Uncle Joe. 

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2006, 10:40:25 AM »
That's because they relied on training and nutrition foremost. Drugs were used certainly but they were the polish, they weren't the entire car. 

I would say pros today and pros from the past trained and ate the same way.  The only thing that's changed is that pros today use way more drugs.  It's not that they aren't eating as much or training as hard and just making up for it with drugs - they are still eating big and training hard, just taking more drugs.  End result: bigger bodies.

VegasPole

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2006, 10:41:44 AM »

Yep... something most don't understand nowadays...not all...but most. SAD.
Never Relax Around Blacks

VegasPole

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2006, 10:47:32 AM »
I would say pros today and pros from the past trained and ate the same way.  The only thing that's changed is that pros today use way more drugs.  It's not that they aren't eating as much or training as hard and just making up for it with drugs - they are still eating big and training hard, just taking more drugs.  End result: bigger bodies.

And are lazier to a degree... you see pictures of arny,franco and others running around on the beach,fucking around in the gym and being active and having a good time living...now you have pros sitting instead of standing and tring not to move as much so they won't burn precious calories... I mean I'm not trying to knock that at all, but it just doesn't seem like pros are having a good time anymore.....??
Never Relax Around Blacks

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 12:15:58 PM »
whos the chipmunk in the bottom picture??
P

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 05:27:45 PM »

Max_Rep, thats why guys like the legendary Robby Robinson, Albert Beckles looked great and still do. I bet they will have 20" arms and be ripped the day they meet St. Peter at the Pearly Gates!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2006, 05:40:38 PM »
And are lazier to a degree... you see pictures of arny,franco and others running around on the beach,fucking around in the gym and being active and having a good time living...now you have pros sitting instead of standing and tring not to move as much so they won't burn precious calories... I mean I'm not trying to knock that at all, but it just doesn't seem like pros are having a good time anymore.....??

You make a great point there. They lived life too. Whats cool is Arnold went to U.C.L.A. part time to get his degree. Franco became a chiropractor while he was competing. Arnold and Franco actually worked as bricklayers in their own little business in the early days. Big Louie was a sheet metal worker while he was two time Mr. Universe. We can relate to these guys. At least I can. They were regular Joe's. Just with 20"+ arms. ;) The guys of today seem to act like the words "work" or "education" are dirty words. They like to be photographed on their custom Harley's, their Hummers or Escalades or Vette's, glitzy houses. Its a different world with these guys of today. Its a different world period. :( When I used to go to the Grand Prix shows in the late 70's and early 80's the pro's were real accessible. Are todays guys? I haven't been to a show in ages so I have no clue.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2006, 07:57:04 PM »

I would say pros today and pros from the past trained and ate the same way.

Sorry Matt I wholeheartedly disagree. The biggest change in training today is the much lower frequency. When I trained with Danny, Bill Grant, Samir (not during the same time but at different times) we always trained body parts at least twice a week. Guys in the early 90’s did too. I switched to it and my conditioning went to shit. I went back to training body parts trice a week a few months ago and have noticed marked improvements (not ready for pics yet but maybe soon). I think it’s one of the reasons many of the guys today have a hard time getting conditioned.   

Max_Rep, thats why guys like the legendary Robby Robinson, Albert Beckles looked great and still do. I bet they will have 20" arms and be ripped the day they meet St. Peter at the Pearly Gates!

Funny you should mention Albert Beckles because I ran into him about 6 months ago of all places in a shoe store in Redondo Beach. He looked GREAT. Put most of the guys to shame. When I saw Danny in December he looked great as well.
and keep moving!

Tuna Sammich

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2006, 11:50:49 PM »
whos the chipmunk in the bottom picture??

That's the Corn Dogg himself. Ed Corney. Shawn and Melvin look like a black Beavis and Butthead

NYCDVR

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 03:26:27 PM »
The difference is knowledge if you think there was not somebody in 1970 who thought he could get big by doing 4 grams a week your lying to yourself

When I say knowledge I mean two things(drugs used smarter) but more so is NUTRITION!! The guys take their drugs smarter and eat better as far a volume I cannot believe there were not guys taking just as much rememebr some people will do anything to achive their goals. You don't think there were any old school bbers with that mindset?

Knowledge of nutrition and how to maintain muscle gains while losing fat has increased leaps and bounds

gammahydroxy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2006, 03:54:49 PM »
Big Lou didn't charge the Padilla kid for a pic.  Lou loves the children.

And who are you to say that he loves the children? He still charges the children a 20 spot for a picture.
musclegurus.com

thisiskeith12

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2006, 04:47:06 PM »
I remember seeing Ed Corney in a wheelchair in Pumping Iron 25th Anniversary Edition gathering, assuming he's standing in that picture, what happened?

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 07:56:18 AM »
That was after he suffered a stroke, but over the years he has fought back with rehab, etc., and is back to pretty good health these days...