Author Topic: How much cardio is A-OK when bulking  (Read 859 times)

ronbrgundy

• Getbig II
  • You stay classy
How much cardio is A-OK when bulking
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:02:52 PM »
I have questions about how much and the type of cardio.  I want to minimize how much fat I put on without minimizing the muscle I put on if you catch my drift. 

If I walk at a slow pace for an hour, does this conflict less with my muscle building than say getting on a bicycle and going crazy on it for a half hour?  To reword, would something like walking conflict less because it engages the muscles with less intensity, doesn't get the heart pumping as hard, doesn't trigger endorphins and other compounds in the body as much? 

Lastly how much and what type of cardio do you do

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: How much cardio is A-OK when bulking
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 10:00:51 PM »
when the weather is nice, i walk for close to an hour. i try to do this every day.....i need to because i am endomorphic and my metabolism is slow.

sometimes 30mins in the am and 30 in the pm.....but lately it has been a one hour walk outdoors.......way more enjoyable and you get the fresh air and the ever changing scenery.

biking is great for some folks.....but if you are trimming fat......walk......if you are trying to get ready for a marathon or a triathlon.....bike, run and swim.

see what i mean.......keep the intensity at a moderate pace......but a consistent pace......the walk outside should be brisk......you should be huffing a bit.....pump in the calves.....but it is so nice to be outdoors that the time will pass so quickly.......best of luck......hope this helps.