Author Topic: Arnold Classic Expo: Broadcasting exclusivity???  (Read 2084 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Arnold Classic Expo: Broadcasting exclusivity???
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2008, 11:12:29 AM »
If I wanna spend 2k to rent the space to sell T shirt with my face on it and oh btw, stream some video with my own wireless uplink, who's gonna stop me?

Ah... the committee... each expo has its own rules and agreements.  If you try and put an adult XXX booth at the Arnold, they will stop you. If you try and put something non-related that wasnt agreed upon in your agreement, they will stop you.  Same with any expo around the country.

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
Re: ARNOLD CLASSIC EXPO: IS THERE SOMETHING "KING" SOLOMON?
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2008, 11:40:14 AM »

First of all, what does Dan Solomon have to do with any of this?  Dan has his own radio show, with agreements with bb.com, Muscletech and others, so we all abide by them.  Since bb.com paid for the rights to broadcast and webcast the Arnold Classic and other shows, what is the problem?

Like many others, anyone is welcome to interview people if they want, take pictures, and have fun.  Why are you obssessed with Dan? Go ask the Arnold Classic production on it, and get the story.

Alex,

Ron is correct.  I have nothing to do with the Arnold Classic.  The Arnold Classic is promoted by Jim Lorimer.  Mr. Lorimer has a deal in place with Bodybuilding.com that allows them (Bodybuilding.com) to have the rights to webcasts & broadcasts.  That deal has been in place for 2 years.  I have "nothing" to do with any of it.   On a personal note, I have no problem with you (or anyone else) getting a booth at the Arnold.  I've spoken to Jason (Special Ed) on several occasions.  He is well aware that I have no issues with Big Nation Radio....in fact, I think it's a great addition to the "Get Big" community.  -- The contracts that are in place between Bodybuilding.com and the Arnold Classic are FAR above me...and beyond my control.  -  I hope that clarifies things a bit. 

Dan