Author Topic: Affirmitive action + racial tensions will be increased under Obama presidency  (Read 4901 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Obama is only going to do what the Dem's in control of the party want him to do. I don't really feel the dem party actually cares about blacks. If blacks fully assimilate and become more Middle Class, then they(Dems) loose or could loose a pool of almost locked votes. The more poor and stupid people in this country, the better Dems do.
L

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Obama is only going to do what the Dem's in control of the party want him to do. I don't really feel the dem party actually cares about blacks. If blacks fully assimilate and become more Middle Class, then they(Dems) loose or could loose a pool of almost locked votes. The more poor and stupid people in this country, the better Dems do.

SPOKEN FOR TRUTH

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
I've posted before on this...but one of the main reasons black men (in the US) have higher incarceration rates than other races for similar crimes has to do with criminal history.  Sentencing is most often based upon criminal history and if the person is a repeat offender.  My brother is a defense lawyer and deals with this all the time.
One thing I'd like to see is less jailtime for minorities (and all people, really) for drug offenses.  Selling & dealing, I understand, but don't clutter our jails with people that hurt themselves with personal drug use.

Celebrities, both black & white, very often get lighter sentences than common folk.  Shit, look at R. Kelly...as a recent example.  Same with Paris, I agree.

Quite true, many have had second, third, and fourth chances...

But many who dabble in blow, have done it many times, but still get light sentences...because "they need help", but they never stay in rehab