Author Topic: 2021 Olympia - Florida - October 7-10th  (Read 14982 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2021 Olympia - Florida - October 7-10th
« on: February 23, 2021, 10:14:35 AM »
Vegas is done for this year, after blocking efforts last year to have the event.  Loss of business and revenue for Vegas, but a gain for Florida.

"The fitness industry’s most prestigious event has announced a return to Orlando, Florida for 2021 the weekend of October 7-10."

The fitness industry’s most prestigious event has announced a return to Orlando, Florida for its 2021 world championship weekend.  After overcoming significant challenges in 2020, organizers of Joe Weider’s Olympia Fitness & Performance Weekend have begun planning for a return to Central Florida here in 2021, the weekend of October 7-10.

President & Chief Olympia Officer Dan Solomon shares, “Our team has been busy evaluating options for this year’s event and we’re excited to announce that Orlando has been selected as the host location. The entire city welcomed our fans and athletes with open arms last year and our sights are now set on taking things to a whole new level this year.” The Orange County Convention Center will once again host the Olympia’s main events, including the 57th edition of the Mr. Olympia competition along with the new Olympia World Fitness Festival, formally known as the Olympia Expo. The Hyatt Regency Orlando (connected to the convention center) will serve as the official host hotel.

IFBB Professional League President Jim Manion adds, “The best athletes in the world dream of reaching the Olympia stage. After seeing what the Olympia team accomplished in 2020, I’m already looking forward to seeing all of you this October in Orlando.”

For the first time in its history, Olympia Weekend will include 11 IFBB Professional League divisions, highlighted by Big Ramy’s first attempt to defend his Mr. Olympia title and the arrival of the Wellness Olympia. The event also features the return of the Amateur Olympia, a pro qualifier open to ALL NPC athletes (registration opens soon). Olympia owner Jake Wood explains, “It was a proud moment for all of us watching the industry come together in 2020 for an Olympia Weekend we won’t soon forget.  But that was just the beginning.  Our team is already working to raise the bar even higher this October. You’re not gonna want to miss what we’ve got planned.”

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2021 Olympia - Florida - October 7-10th
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 10:21:00 AM »
The Mr. O has a new home. I hope it stays in Florida permanently. With the prices of the tickets, it would take me a year to save the money to go.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 10:42:36 PM »
 :)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 11:41:16 AM »
RON, Is there a limitation on the number of spectators allowed in each event (prejudings, finals, etc.)??

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 12:10:12 PM »
It appears they've conned the other Olympia divisions (especially the Open) to subsidize the Ms. Olympia again.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 07:28:44 PM »
This is insane. Why bother this year with it. I can’t see it being successful.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 11:20:05 PM »
This is insane. Why bother this year with it. I can’t see it being successful.

The Olympia looked successful to me just a couple of months ago.

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
  • Kwon is the ungayer of every thread on this site!
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 04:34:02 PM »
With no Arnold, limited travel still, and likely other shows cancelled or postponed that seems stupid to have it that early.  Keep it in December to give the competitors more time to qualify, come off for a bit, and then prep for the big one.  This will likely be the worst O ever.  So far only Ramy, Dex (retired), Phil (should retire), and Flex would be able to enter....let me know if I missed anyone?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2021, 06:56:19 PM »
With no Arnold, limited travel still, and likely other shows cancelled or postponed that seems stupid to have it that early.  Keep it in December to give the competitors more time to qualify, come off for a bit, and then prep for the big one.  This will likely be the worst O ever.  So far only Ramy, Dex (retired), Phil (should retire), and Flex would be able to enter....let me know if I missed anyone?

Brandon Curry, Roelly Winklaar, Willian Bonac, Hunter Labrada, Akim Williams.....perhaps they'll let former Mr. O, Shawn Rhoden compete again.

Why not just move the Arnold to Jacksonville or Tampa? Or, maybe South Carolina can host a few pro shows. They did hold the Team Universe in Columbia, I think.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2021, 09:32:08 AM »
The Mr. O has a new home. I hope it stays in Florida permanently. With the prices of the tickets, it would take me a year to save the money to go.

I could send you 200

Would that help ?

>:(

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 03:36:48 PM »
Brandon Curry, Roelly Winklaar, Willian Bonac, Hunter Labrada, Akim Williams.....perhaps they'll let former Mr. O, Shawn Rhoden compete again.

Why not just move the Arnold to Jacksonville or Tampa? Or, maybe South Carolina can host a few pro shows. They did hold the Team Universe in Columbia, I think.

I didn't think of them, and you have a good point about moving to Arnold to FL, but the scheduling at this point and logistics involved would be impossible.  My main point was that these guys need to come off for 12 weeks and take a break (we know many don't).  The Arnold is the biggest contributor of points, so guys will have to be competing non-stop to qualify.  We're 1 day away from March, so that's 6 months to do a few shows to get points to qualify, and then get ready for the biggest show they will ever be in.  Seems like a stupid plan for the show, and the competitors health IMO.

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2021, 03:39:05 PM »
Californians ruined Boise  I  left

But I’m not going to leave Florida

Keep your mullet in California Ron

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 04:25:42 PM »
Californians ruined Boise  I  left

But I’m not going to leave Florida

Keep your mullet in California Ron

LOL!  Do you have any fear that all of the new york and cali dickheads will take their democratic votes to San Antonio, and FL and turn them blue?  I'm in the midwest so I have no skin in the game so tp speak (but it will affect me), but these dipshits are going there because there is no lockdowns mainly and partially bcuz of taxes.  They are going to bring their stupid ass Demo votes with them IMO.  I'll laugh when I see how that goes in TX when they try  ;D take their guns away.  The Alamo will be nothing compared to what will go down in that state in the future.

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2021, 04:37:47 PM »
They will come but we will gentrify them

Segregation into ghettos

Miami will be blue

Rest of state red

Texas is huge

Cheap homes , dirt cheap

Maybe a tornado will fix it for the Texans

No way the blue haired cell phone staring freaks would last one day without electricity

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2021, 04:43:13 PM »
They will come but we will gentrify them

Segregation into ghettos

Miami will be blue

Rest of state red

Texas is huge

Cheap homes , dirt cheap

Maybe a tornado will fix it for the Texans

No way the blue haired cell phone staring freaks would last one day without electricity

My advice to you and both states is keep buying all the guns and ammo you can afford/find and use them when it becomes totally clear that it is necessary.

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2021, 06:35:23 PM »
Thanks for the advice Canadian josh

;D

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 09:07:37 AM »
Olympia FAQ

2021 OLYMPIA LOCATION & SCHEDULE

Q: Why is the 2021 Olympia taking place in Orlando, FL?

A: After an exciting 2020 event at our new home in Orlando, fans, exhibitors and athletes were so excited about their experience that we decided to return in 2021. This year’s event is confirmed for the weekend of Oct 7-10 and we encourage everyone to lock in your seats and hotel reservations before we sell out. Last year’s event was sold out!

Q: What is the schedule for the 2021 Olympia?

A: You can access the 2021 Olympia schedule via this link: https://mrolympia.com/weekend-schedule.

OLYMPIA VIP CUSTOMERS

Q: When will 2021 VIP packages become available to purchase?

A: Returning VIPs will be contacted in March for the option to re-purchase their VIP packages. Remaining VIPs packages will be available to purchase in April, via this link: https://mrolympia.com/ticket-type. Please continue to monitor our social media channels and website, for updates on when remaining VIP packages become available.

Q: After making my purchase, how and when will I receive my VIP packages?

A: All VIP packages will be available for pick up in Orlando, FL. The days, times, and location for VIP package pick up can be found via this link: https://mrolympia.com/vip-package.

FINALS TICKETS

Q: I would like to purchase Finals tickets for the 2021 Olympia. How and when can I do that?

A: Tickets for the 2021 Olympia Finals will be available to purchase soon via this link: https://mrolympia.com/ticket-type. Please continue to monitor our social media channels and website, for updates on when tickets become available.

WORLD FITNESS FESTIVAL (EXPO) PASSES

Q: Will there be an Expo at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL? If so, will I need to purchase passes?

A: The 2021 Olympia will feature the new World Fitness Festival (formerly the Olympia Expo), located on site at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando. Passes for the World Fitness Festival will be available to purchase soon via this link: https://mrolympia.com/ticket-type. Please continue to monitor our social media channels and website, for updates on when passes become available.

INSIDER CLUB MEMBERSHIPS

Q: I would like to purchase an Insider Club Membership for the 2021 Olympia at the Orange County Convention Center. How and when can I do that?

A: Insider Club Memberships will be available to purchase soon via this link: https://www.mrolympia.com/Insider-Club. Please continue to monitor our social media channels and website, for updates on when memberships become available.

AMATEUR OLYMPIA TICKETS

Q: I would like to purchase an Amateur Olympia ticket for the 2021 Olympia at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. How and when can I do that?

A: Tickets for the Amateur Olympia at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL will be available to purchase soon via this link: https://mrolympia.com/ticket-type. Please continue to monitor our social media channels and website, for updates on when tickets become available.

AMATEUR OLYMPIA REGISTRATION

Q: I would like to register to compete at the 2021 Amateur Olympia in Orlando, FL. How and when can I do that?

A: Registration for the Amateur Olympia is open to ALL NPC athletes!! Registration will be available soon via this link: https://amateur.mrolympia.com/orlando/. Please continue to monitor our social media channels and website, for updates on when registration become available. This event is a pro qualifier.

HOTEL & TRAVEL

Q: I would like to book a room at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, the official 2021 Olympia host hotel. What do I need to do to book my room and receive a discounted rate?

A: We have arranged for a special room rate at the Hyatt Regency Orlando. Please visit our travel page via this link https://mrolympia.com/travel-accomodations to book your stay using the group discount code.

B_MyT_2

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2021, 04:41:29 PM »
Thanks for the advice Canadian josh

;D

I am not Josh dude...  I've been on here for around 20 years under the previous handle MyT1

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2021, 08:12:12 AM »
I'm not Josh either!

Josh rocks though!
Q

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2021, 12:50:29 PM »
My body is ready

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2021, 03:45:56 PM »
Tickets still not yet on sale.

DerrickRigg.bber

• Getbig II
  • 6'2", 277lb. bodybuilder
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2021, 11:53:28 AM »
Yeah, I saw the move to Florida. Got to go to Vegas for the show maybe 6-7 years ago. Stayed at the Aria and had a good time at the expo and contest. I was planning to enter a contest in a year so maybe going to Orlando will get me motivated.
F

epic is back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2021, 05:49:19 AM »
there he is mr olympia

there he is,  your ideal

there he is mr olympia!!

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2021, 07:00:49 AM »
there he is mr olympia

there he is,  your ideal

there he is mr olympia!!

Do they have 'dangerous doctors' in Orlando? Just thinking about the old boys like Roelly.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2021, 07:00:51 PM »
Tickets still not yet on sale.

It's over month past the initial announced sell date for VIP packages.
Why the delay?