Author Topic: Side lined. But for how long?  (Read 735 times)

cheftim

• Getbig III
Side lined. But for how long?
« on: August 01, 2008, 08:46:23 PM »
Long story short. Three months ago. New training partner. Different weights, intensity, movements. Right elbow was well done! 12 hours a day I have a Chef knife in my hand. I mean it never rests. Two days ago got a cortizone shot. It hurt so bad yesterday. Can't say I couldn't move it. But I sure didn't want to move it. Still made it happen. Still hurt this morning. Still a bit sore now. Only sore to the touch, not to the movement way unlike before. I wanna train so bad! Honest question? How long should I wait on the sideline?

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: Side lined. But for how long?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:53:01 PM »
omg terrible post, can you please use the enter button and make it readable, and this doesn't belong on the G and O.  I would say inject 10 - 15 u Gh to recover faster and wait it out till it feels like regular then go again at the weights slowly.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Bruffy

• Getbig II
  • If it's not metal, it's crap!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »
Since you are using the elbow 12 hours a day, let it rest after work.  Don't train for a week and see how things go.  Sounds like it's trying to heal since you say it is only sore to the touch and not to the movement.  Holding off on the training for a week will do wonders for it, maybe even two weeks.  A small sacrifice in order to get your elbow back to train.
I

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 09:18:33 PM »
Long story short. Three months ago. New training partner. Different weights, intensity, movements. Right elbow was well done! 12 hours a day I have a Chef knife in my hand. I mean it never rests. Two days ago got a cortizone shot. It hurt so bad yesterday. Can't say I couldn't move it. But I sure didn't want to move it. Still made it happen. Still hurt this morning. Still a bit sore now. Only sore to the touch, not to the movement way unlike before. I wanna train so bad! Honest question? How long should I wait on the sideline?

If you are in that much pain after a cortizone shot you better leave that elbow ALONE UNTIL IT IS HEALED!!! The last thing you want is to aggravate it ti the point of having TENDONITIS which is what it sounds like you have. Forcing an injured part to work only exacerbates the situation and prolongs healing. Just wait it out. Do legs and other movements that don't irritatate the situation any more. Someone suggested GH...I don't know about the effects of GH on healing injuries but maybe you could speak to a doctor of sports med who maybe able to guide you in the right direction in that regard or suggest something else...GOOD LUCK.
C

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 09:21:14 PM »
If you are in that much pain after a cortizone shot you better leave that elbow ALONE UNTIL IT IS HEALED!!! The last thing you want is to aggravate it ti the point of having TENDONITIS which is what it sounds like you have. Forcing an injured part to work only exacerbates the situation and prolongs healing. Just wait it out. Do legs and other movements that don't irritatate the situation any more. Someone suggested GH...I don't know about the effects of GH on healing injuries but maybe you could speak to a doctor of sports med who maybe able to guide you in the right direction in that regard or suggest something else...GOOD LUCK.
Like you know jack shit, you lazy welfare mongrol.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 09:21:38 PM »

Good post Samson123, do you know on they have a thread about a request for you being banned on the comments and suggestion board?

jt
TEAM Nasser

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 09:26:38 PM »
I jerk off 12 hours a day. Quit crying you baby.
P