Author Topic: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy  (Read 451841 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy
« Reply #675 on: June 05, 2013, 08:57:16 PM »
yes, a body when very very lean becomes a perfect machine, it uses the energy and foods perfectly.

while when fat, its plain and simply a huge mess.nothing works well, the pumps, the recovery, the metabolism, everything sucks.

so many fatsos out there who think they need this and that food and amount of cals, who never been ripped and dont know how much day and night difference it is.

theyd be laughing at their own claims if they knew.

I was going to post something about that today actually.  When lean the workouts become SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much better.  You feel everything.  You can keep going and going and each set gets better and better.  I don`t think anyone really has that "mind to muscle" connection unless they are around 10 percent or less.  I think when the fat surrounds the muscle and is inside it, it hinders the usage of it and it never works to its full potential.  Blood flow is obviously much poorer the fatter one is and the fatsos fool themselves if they think they are getting any kind of pump whatsoever.

I am training 6 days a week now and I love it.  3 on one off 3 on one off etc...  Heavy weight, many sets.  Today was Back and Shoulders 5 exercises for 5 sets each for back and 4 exercises for 5 sets each for shoulders.  My training poundages even went up today.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #676 on: June 05, 2013, 09:05:07 PM »
that Erik guy is the only 'natural' I can believe isn't on at least var and tren.. that kind of conditioning is going to eat any mass a real natural has, so his size seems about right for that amazing level of bf% (and even then, who knows)

I'm 2 weeks into a PSMF - Lyle McDonalds diet that's basically just protein and nothing else - and strength actually isn't going down. I had a couple of days of higher carbs, but just 100g, not a pig out 'refeed' binge of 500gs carbs like most people do, today I deadlifted 545 for 8 which is more than I've done in years.

Endurance is just SHIT on no carbs.. no pump, even when I do 10x10 with short rest periods I just don't get that swollen pumped up, bursting feeling.

But it works.. I dropped 20lbs in the first week, added 5 back with the 2 day carb up which leaves me still 15lbs in under 2 weeks. Fuck 16 weeks of cardio, high carbs and dropping 2lb a week.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #677 on: June 05, 2013, 09:27:35 PM »
I'm pretty much in line with what No One and Gal say.

These are my principles:

1. don't cheat on the diet. If you get X amount of calories, then only eat that. Cheating because you think you need to top up the tank with more calories is bullshit justification for weakness. Suffer and get there. Do or do not.

2. the amount of meals you eat isn't really relevant. 'It's calories in vs calories out. Eat them all at once, or space it out and eat 20 meals a day if you like. It won't matter. The body is a marvelous machine that will adapt to absorb what it needs to survive and thrive. And when you're dieting, your body wants to survive. It will preserve muscle and shed fat. That's why your body has fat in the first place...to keep you alive when you starve.

3. do it quick. Don't pussy foot around. Do the job, get in and get out. Focus on the goal, and get to point A from point B as fast as you can reasonably do it. Diet as quickly as you can. Humans wane in their passion for long-term goals - that is the inevitability of human nature. Appreciate this; set a lofty goal and chase it down with all of your passion and power.

4. food choices don't matter for physique composition. Now, some guys like typical bb'ing foods because it keeps them regimented and it's easy to plan and cook. This is a mental choice...not a physical one. Some guys like different foods because it allows them to taste foods they like and they feel they can control caloric intake even if they eat non-traditional foods (like TA). If you can be disciplined in this approach, great. If not, then just pick a dozen food sources and stick to them. It really doesn't matter physically. What matters is that you can stick to it, and not deviate. That is the best plan. You know your weaknesses and triggers best. Choose the approach that allows you to master your triggers that cause you to deviate. Some guys can't eat just a few potato chips or a small bowl of ice cream or a single bottle of beer without going hog wild -- for you guys, eat bb'ing foods. For those of you who find that little tastes of non-traditional bb'ing foods allows you to hold to a steady caloric intake, then do it. This is purely an emotional and mental issue...it will not affect physique composition to any material extent. Stop convincing yourself otherwise and open up to new ways of thinking.

5. You don't need 500g of protein per day. You might like eating that much, but you don't need that much. Stop rationalizing your thought processes. Test yourself and see what happens. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

6. There are no "bad foods". There is only too much, or not enough. Not enough, and you lose fat. Too much, and you gain fat.

7. Live life. Bodybuilding should complement your life, not run it. Be a human. Enjoy all that humanity has to offer. Don't ostracize yourself from friends and family because your tupperware won't travel. Is that really "living"? Is your end goal really to be a slave to the Foreman grill and a tupperware container?

8. Training doesn't matter all that much, in terms of what program you're doing. Your body will develop to its potential as long as you are consistently in the gym. Ergo, choose programs that allow you to consistently hit the gym. Don't lift stupid and get injured. Don't burn out on ridiculously long or intense programs. Don't get bored with training. Change it up not to shock the muscles (that's pretty stupid); change it up to keep you interested. The more consistent you are with hitting the gym regularly without getting hurt or burning out, the closer you'll come to achieving the best you can.

9. Don't waste time with cardio. Do it if you like, for sure. But it doesn't burn all that many calories. Lift some more weights and burn more calories. You probably like lifting weights more than walking on a treadmill anyways. And if you must do cardio, do something productive. Cut the grass; go take a walk with your wife and talk to her; go run around with the kids; play a game of tennis with an old friend. Have a life for christ's sake.

10. Don't over-complicate it. When you get crazy with excel spreadsheets planning out your training and diet plans, you've gone too far. It's not rocket science. Consistency yields 99% of the results you're after. The rest is just mental masturbation. Own your shit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #678 on: June 05, 2013, 09:30:56 PM »

These are my principles:

1. don't cheat on the diet. If you get X amount of calories, then only eat that. Cheating because you think you need to top up the tank with more calories is bullshit justification for weakness. Suffer and get there. Do or do not.

2. the amount of meals you eat isn't really relevant. 'It's calories in vs calories out. Eat them all at once, or space it out and eat 20 meals a day if you like. It won't matter. The body is a marvelous machine that will adapt to absorb what it needs to survive and thrive. And when you're dieting, your body wants to survive. It will preserve muscle and shed fat. That's why your body has fat in the first place...to keep you alive when you starve.

3. do it quick. Don't pussy foot around. Do the job, get in and get out. Focus on the goal, and get to point A from point B as fast as you can reasonably do it. Diet as quickly as you can. Humans wane in their passion for long-term goals - that is the inevitability of human nature. Appreciate this; set a lofty goal and chase it down with all of your passion and power.

4. food choices don't matter for physique composition. Now, some guys like typical bb'ing foods because it keeps them regimented and it's easy to plan and cook. This is a mental choice...not a physical one. Some guys like different foods because it allows them to taste foods they like and they feel they can control caloric intake even if they eat non-traditional foods (like TA). If you can be disciplined in this approach, great. If not, then just pick a dozen food sources and stick to them. It really doesn't matter physically. What matters is that you can stick to it, and not deviate. That is the best plan. You know your weaknesses and triggers best. Choose the approach that allows you to master your triggers that cause you to deviate. Some guys can't eat just a few potato chips or a small bowl of ice cream or a single bottle of beer without going hog wild -- for you guys, eat bb'ing foods. For those of you who find that little tastes of non-traditional bb'ing foods allows you to hold to a steady caloric intake, then do it. This is purely an emotional and mental issue...it will not affect physique composition to any material extent. Stop convincing yourself otherwise and open up to new ways of thinking.

5. You don't need 500g of protein per day. You might like eating that much, but you don't need that much. Stop rationalizing your thought processes. Test yourself and see what happens. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

6. There are no "bad foods". There is only too much, or not enough. Not enough, and you lose fat. Too much, and you gain fat.

7. Live life. Bodybuilding should complement your life, not run it. Be a human. Enjoy all that humanity has to offer. Don't ostracize yourself from friends and family because your tupperware won't travel. Is that really "living"? Is your end goal really to be a slave to the Foreman grill and a tupperware container?

8. Training doesn't matter all that much, in terms of what program you're doing. Your body will develop to its potential as long as you are consistently in the gym. Ergo, choose programs that allow you to consistently hit the gym. Don't lift stupid and get injured. Don't burn out on ridiculously long or intense programs. Don't get bored with training. Change it up not to shock the muscles (that's pretty stupid); change it up to keep you interested. The more consistent you are with hitting the gym regularly without getting hurt or burning out, the closer you'll come to achieving the best you can.

9. Don't waste time with cardio. Do it if you like, for sure. But it doesn't burn all that many calories. Lift some more weights and burn more calories. You probably like lifting weights more than walking on a treadmill anyways. And if you must do cardio, do something productive. Cut the grass; go take a walk with your wife and talk to her; go run around with the kids; play a game of tennis with an old friend. Have a life for christ's sake.

10. Don't over-complicate it. When you get crazy with excel spreadsheets planning out your training and diet plans, you've gone too far. It's not rocket science. Consistency yields 99% of the results you're after. The rest is just mental masturbation. Own your shit.

Should be a Sticky.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #679 on: June 05, 2013, 09:47:06 PM »
Should be a Sticky.

Thanks TA. Your ideas have inspired me and help me direct an approach that works for me. I'd like more people to give your ideas a shot, though I fear most won't. It's their loss and that's too bad.

But, I think more people everyday are starting to understand the wisdom in a balanced approach.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #680 on: June 05, 2013, 10:04:14 PM »
Thanks TA. Your ideas have inspired me and help me direct an approach that works for me. I'd like more people to give your ideas a shot, though I fear most won't. It's their loss and that's too bad.

But, I think more people everyday are starting to understand the wisdom in a balanced approach.

I appreciate the kind words. Old myths die hard and I doubt they will ever die completely.  Even in mainstream America, losing weight (even without regard to body composition) is still a mystery to the majority.  

I have told people face to face what I eat, sat in front of people as they watch me Pizza, Cake, whatever and those same people still deny that it happens.  They go on as if I eat some special diet and avoid foods despite me TELLING them otherwise and them SEEING it for their own eyes.  Their brain fails to process it and they have this epic look of disbelief on their faces as if they have been had. "Oh you probably don`t eat Fast Food" (WTF, you saw just saw me eating a Whopper and Cheese and French Fries a few days ago) Its the strangest thing I tell you.  I really don`t know how to deal with such stupidity honestly.  :D

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #681 on: June 05, 2013, 10:09:46 PM »
  Galeniko super smart   makes great posts

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #682 on: June 05, 2013, 11:20:58 PM »

These are my principles:

This is one brilliant post that would have literally changed so much about my life if I had read it 10 years ago, lol...  especially point 4, very well said.

btw, snx, your earlier post about the greek salad inspired me to make a caesar salad tonight.  it was incredible, and basically no carbs... i ate a full bag of greens it was so good -- whopping 45 cals lol (and i usually never eat vegetables) :o

the funny thing is that i'm actually hungrier after i ate it than before... i've only had a tiny bit of pork and a red potato or two along with several carrots  the whole day, but somehow still wasn't hungry 8 or so hours later.  finally a little hunger kicked in, and after an hour or so i decided not to push it too far (since i seem to be getting sick or sth wtf), and made the salad.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #683 on: June 05, 2013, 11:22:20 PM »
  Iris Kyle

She does not eat carbs and she does two hours of cardio every day

She starves    she suffers she is miserable

Galeniko was right

what the fuck for? you don't need to do that shit to be fucking ripped

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #684 on: June 05, 2013, 11:24:08 PM »
  If some one with DNA and PED of Iris Kyle uses this to get super shredded, then I think that says some thing    it says a lot

ukjeff

« Reply #685 on: June 05, 2013, 11:25:53 PM »
She starves    she suffers she is miserable

daft bitch.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #686 on: June 05, 2013, 11:27:58 PM »
  If some one with DNA and PED of Iris Kyle uses this to get super shredded, then I think that says some thing    it says a lot

just because she does it, that doesn't mean that it's required

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #687 on: June 05, 2013, 11:29:54 PM »

being skinny and looking like her are two different animals

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #688 on: June 05, 2013, 11:30:52 PM »

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #689 on: June 05, 2013, 11:38:56 PM »
hangclean did you get striated glutes like cswole got visible abs?

haha, times have changed,man, since the cswol-gate fiasco, every claim is useless without pics

lol@rebound, rebound happens if you get back to eating like a pig.

i have been in the same shape for 2years+ straight, ho comes there was no rebound.and i had monstrously big meals of pure junk quite often

ah i see he means when people come off of the diet, well, thats been covered how to maintain the conditioning, the point here isnt just to get lean, but to be so permanently
Here you go.....I dieted for 12 weeks for this show, never went below 200 grams of carbs a day.  Fat was extremely low the entire time (only fats came from turkey, chicken fish, lean red meat).

Every time I've tried the very low carb approach, I look like shit (flat, muscles don't "pop".

Maybe your body is better at using only protein for energy....I dont know.  Either way, it's obviously working for you, but i do not believe that kind of diet is for everyone.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #690 on: June 06, 2013, 01:49:37 AM »
Here you go.....I dieted for 12 weeks for this show, never went below 200 grams of carbs a day.  Fat was extremely low the entire time (only fats came from turkey, chicken fish, lean red meat).

Every time I've tried the very low carb approach, I look like shit (flat, muscles don't "pop".

Maybe your body is better at using only protein for energy....I dont know.  Either way, it's obviously working for you, but i do not believe that kind of diet is for everyone.
props to you bro.

Now about the carbs making you look flat, you do realize that you are suppose to carb up for the contest right?  :D

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #691 on: June 06, 2013, 02:19:37 AM »

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #692 on: June 06, 2013, 02:23:57 AM »
just because she does it, that doesn't mean that it's required
no friend i think you're wrong on this one

watch her training videos she says that what seperates miss olympia from 5-6 place miss olympia is the shreddedness and detail of the lower body

she says women carry a lot of estrogen and it's very very hard to make the glutes come in shredded

that video was educational, with bob chic also commenting and iris husband talking about how to get big

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #693 on: June 06, 2013, 02:28:50 AM »

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #694 on: June 06, 2013, 02:31:12 AM »

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #695 on: June 06, 2013, 02:35:57 AM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #696 on: June 06, 2013, 02:48:50 AM »
no friend i think you're wrong on this one

watch her training videos she says that what seperates miss olympia from 5-6 place miss olympia is the shreddedness and detail of the lower body

she says women carry a lot of estrogen and it's very very hard to make the glutes come in shredded

that video was educational, with bob chic also commenting and iris husband talking about how to get big

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

could be

maybe it's just all genetics

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #697 on: June 06, 2013, 02:57:30 AM »

These are my principles:

Solid post. Thanks.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #698 on: June 06, 2013, 02:58:01 AM »

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #699 on: June 06, 2013, 04:56:11 AM »
I think the object of "long diets" are not to "get abs" but to hone the abs that show.  Most Lifetime Naturals who do high Calories can already see their abs are are just shaving off a few points of bodyfat here and there.

That works as well though even if higher bodyfat and abs cannot be seen.

The bottom line for any approach is this:

1. CALORIC DEFICIT  (high or low works)
2. FOOD CHOICES DO NOT really matter as long as Nutritional Amount is met with whatever diet you are following- (can be high protein, moderate protein, low protein, high fat, low fat, moderate fat, High Carb, Low Carb, Moderate Carb and any combination thereof.)  (the Minimum RDA will be met with most diets anyways by default so Nutrients are taken care for the most part by any approach)
3. STICK WITH WHATEVER APPROACH TO THE END- No matter what type of Diet you choose.  Changing horses in Mid Stream will only make it harder to get across the river.

many natural not natural,, long diet hide hormona utilizastion,, grow into comp,, this big reason 1/2 yearf diet

of course also many too fat when start,, or never if new comprertior not realize amount of fat to lose,,

also more week can be more money to preparation guru

also just mentasl illness,, gotta live bobyduling lifestyule for many many week