Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63168 times)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #400 on: May 03, 2010, 04:36:51 PM »
not reading all this....so was the ark found or not?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #401 on: May 03, 2010, 04:39:37 PM »
not reading all this....so was the ark found or not?

Yes, in MCWAY's backyard.
from incomplete data

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #402 on: May 04, 2010, 06:59:06 AM »
Yes, in MCWAY's backyard.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

And apparently Moses is still alive and posting on this thread under MCWACKYS account.  That is the only explanation I can see for this continued foolishness from that account.

Seriously though, she has a taken a horrific pummeling and thrashing here. 

Logic, Reality, Science, and Facts have just run a gang bang on her for the last dozen pages.  Hell as stupid as Coach is (and that is a lot), he was smart enough to stay out of his own thread for the most part. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #403 on: May 04, 2010, 08:02:22 AM »
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

And apparently Moses is still alive and posting on this thread under MCWACKYS account.  That is the only explanation I can see for this continued foolishness from that account.

Seriously though, she has a taken a horrific pummeling and thrashing here.  

Logic, Reality, Science, and Facts have just run a gang bang on her for the last dozen pages.  Hell as stupid as Coach is (and that is a lot), he was smart enough to stay out of his own thread for the most part.  

And what alleged alternate universe did this occur? Because it sure didn't happen here from you, Chimps, or anyone else.

But, since the two of you seem to be involved in your own make-out fest, I will let you "gents" continue to get your Brokeback on.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #404 on: May 04, 2010, 08:11:38 AM »
MCWAY you didn't answer the question I had about feeding the animals. You state that at least 16,000 animals were on board the ark. If it takes 1 minute to feed 2 animals, it would take 5.5 days for just ONE feeding. And that's without a break. So not only do you have to feed the animals, but whoever is doing it has to feed themselves and also rest.
Give a reasonable answer to how this was done.

I didn't see your initial question.

I looked for the aforementioned referenced book, Noah’s Ark: A Feasibility Study, which I bought a few years ago, this weekend. The last time someone asked me the very question you just asked, I gave the detailed answer from a particular chapter, covering that issue. Many of my books are still packed away, since I moved (including that one).

When I find my book, I will shoot the particulars to you.

Oldschool,

I did not find my book, yet. However, this a somewhat brief, and I stress, brief summation of some of the items covered, regarding the Ark and care for the animals.

Caring for the animals

Many scoffers regarding the Genesis Flood state that it would have been impossible for the eight-person crew of the ark to have adequately cared for all the animals. This supposition is due to a common misconception, based on the theory of human and societal evolution, that ancient peoples were not advanced enough for such a seemingly massive responsibility.

Yet, while it is true that we have more of certain types of modern technology at our disposal today, the ancients were in many respects very ingenious. Consider the seven wonders of the ancient world, which included the pyramids of Egypt, the hanging gardens of Babylon and many other notable man-made works. Many of these marvels of construction have never been duplicated since.

Much time would have been saved in the care of animals if laborsaving devices had been incorporated into the design of the ark. In reality most of the animals would have required very little if any care once loaded onto the ark. With the proper technology Noah could have built self-sustaining cage and confinement systems that would have required little human attention. And even without the proper technology, Noah had God to guide him.

The ark likely made use of self-feeding, self-watering and self-cleaning technologies. Such laborsaving designs were fairly common knowledge in the ancient world.

The cages could have been equipped with a mesh-type floor and slanted waste system to move animal wastes into a gutter. Once in the gutter the waste could have been allowed to either dry (becoming odorless and inert), or be biologically composted by earthworms and bacteria, or it could have been dumped overboard by means of a slanted trough leading to the exterior. For the larger animals the stalls could have been built with slatted floors. These containment areas would have been large enough to allow the wastes to collect and become dry and inert. None of the waste would have required human handling.

Food could have been preloaded into a chute or container on the side of the cages, enabling the animals to self-feed. Enough food would have been loaded into the chutes to last for long periods of time. Extra food would have been located in overhead bins or nearby. This same technique is used today in the animal industry to increase labor efficiency. This would have greatly reduced the time needed to feed the various animals.

Water could have been piped to self-filling bowls or troughs. The water could have been gathered through a rainwater cistern system or might have been preloaded before the Flood. Ancient people commonly made indoor pipes from reeds, baked clay and bamboo tubing.

The ark was not a floating zoo. Animals kept in a zoo require much room, specialized food and individual attention. The ark was an emergency vessel built by Noah under God's special and specific guidance.

It was more in keeping with the conditions found in modern animal laboratories or mass production animal factories, which are crowded but relatively clean environments.

Nature of animals a factor

It is possible that many animals, which are not considered classic hibernators, have the latent ability to greatly lower their metabolic rates (Terry Vaughan, Mammalogy, 1986, pp. 421, 469-471). Such lowered metabolic rates can be brought on by several factors including temperature fluctuations, unavailability of food and water, variability of light and other environmental stimuli.

Many rodent and small mammals go into torpor during the course of their daily cycle. During this torpor animals do not eat, drink or produce any waste. Although the ark's crew could have cared for all the animals, this need would have been greatly reduced if some of the ark's inhabitants had either hibernated or gone into torpor.

When all the facts are considered, the crew of the ark could have cared for thousands of animals. Data from animal husbandry studies have shown that a few people can care for tens of thousands of animals (John Owen, Cattle Feeding, 1983, p. 101; E.C. Miller and E.F. Hodges, "One Man Feeds 5,000 Cattle or 60,000 Broilers," 1970 Yearbook of Agriculture (USA), p. 57).

http://www.gnmagazine.org/issues/gn47/noahsark.htm

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #405 on: May 04, 2010, 08:19:19 AM »
They can drink a big cup of piss for all I care.

This demonstrates perfectly why I think the term atheism should be abolished. You just now in a indirect way lumped me together with those people even though I have nothing in common with them or don't even know them. Those people obviously has an agenda of some sort.

"An Atheist accepts that only in a knowledge of himself and a knowledge of his fellow man can he find the understanding that will help lead to a life of fulfillment."

Where do they get this shit? An IQ 20 buffoon could potentially not believe in a deity but it doesn't have to make him/her an intellectual or compassionate. You're not required to do or believe anything just because you have a disbelief in deities.

Drop "atheism".

Well, these folks don't seem to want it dropped. As for the agenda part, you're dead on the money with that one. Case in point, the recent suit regarding the National Day of Prayer. What we basically have is a bunch of "enlightened" atheists, blubbering about acknowledgement of someone they claim doesn't exist and complaining about a call to VOLUNTARILY do something they claim doesn't work.

And, they call Christians nuts??  ::)

But, let some whiny folks tell it, it's the mean ol' Christians pushing their agenda down everybody else's throat. When they get dragged to church, kicking and screaming and 10% of their paychecks gets siphoned to a local house of worship, then they may have a case.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #406 on: May 04, 2010, 08:24:43 AM »
It seems like God resorts to all these unnecessary, highly awkward motives just to screw in a lightbulb.  Why is he so disappointed with our behavior? Isn't he our manufacturer, what did he expect? That doesn't make sense. What makes sense, however, is man's inability to comprehend or be secure with human behavior, especially sexuality.  Religion is a behavioral response to all of this, man's first attempt at philosophy.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: May 04, 2010, 08:28:33 AM »
Oldschool,

I did not find my book, yet. However, this a somewhat brief, and I stress, brief summation of some of the items covered, regarding the Ark and care for the animals.

Caring for the animals

Many scoffers regarding the Genesis Flood state that it would have been impossible for the eight-person crew of the ark to have adequately cared for all the animals. This supposition is due to a common misconception, based on the theory of human and societal evolution, that ancient peoples were not advanced enough for such a seemingly massive responsibility.

Yet, while it is true that we have more of certain types of modern technology at our disposal today, the ancients were in many respects very ingenious. Consider the seven wonders of the ancient world, which included the pyramids of Egypt, the hanging gardens of Babylon and many other notable man-made works. Many of these marvels of construction have never been duplicated since.

Much time would have been saved in the care of animals if laborsaving devices had been incorporated into the design of the ark. In reality most of the animals would have required very little if any care once loaded onto the ark. With the proper technology Noah could have built self-sustaining cage and confinement systems that would have required little human attention. And even without the proper technology, Noah had God to guide him.
The ark likely made use of self-feeding, self-watering and self-cleaning technologies. Such laborsaving designs were fairly common knowledge in the ancient world.

The cages could have been equipped with a mesh-type floor and slanted waste system to move animal wastes into a gutter. Once in the gutter the waste could have been allowed to either dry (becoming odorless and inert), or be biologically composted by earthworms and bacteria, or it could have been dumped overboard by means of a slanted trough leading to the exterior. For the larger animals the stalls could have been built with slatted floors. These containment areas would have been large enough to allow the wastes to collect and become dry and inert. None of the waste would have required human handling.

Food could have been preloaded into a chute or container on the side of the cages, enabling the animals to self-feed. Enough food would have been loaded into the chutes to last for long periods of time. Extra food would have been located in overhead bins or nearby. This same technique is used today in the animal industry to increase labor efficiency. This would have greatly reduced the time needed to feed the various animals.
Water could have been piped to self-filling bowls or troughs. The water could have been gathered through a rainwater cistern system or might have been preloaded before the Flood. Ancient people commonly made indoor pipes from reeds, baked clay and bamboo tubing.

The ark was not a floating zoo. Animals kept in a zoo require much room, specialized food and individual attention. The ark was an emergency vessel built by Noah under God's special and specific guidance.

It was more in keeping with the conditions found in modern animal laboratories or mass production animal factories, which are crowded but relatively clean environments.

Nature of animals a factor

It is possible that many animals, which are not considered classic hibernators, have the latent ability to greatly lower their metabolic rates (Terry Vaughan, Mammalogy, 1986, pp. 421, 469-471). Such lowered metabolic rates can be brought on by several factors including temperature fluctuations, unavailability of food and water, variability of light and other environmental stimuli.

Many rodent and small mammals go into torpor during the course of their daily cycle. During this torpor animals do not eat, drink or produce any waste. Although the ark's crew could have cared for all the animals, this need would have been greatly reduced if some of the ark's inhabitants had either hibernated or gone into torpor.

When all the facts are considered, the crew of the ark could have cared for thousands of animals. Data from animal husbandry studies have shown that a few people can care for tens of thousands of animals (John Owen, Cattle Feeding, 1983, p. 101; E.C. Miller and E.F. Hodges, "One Man Feeds 5,000 Cattle or 60,000 Broilers," 1970 Yearbook of Agriculture (USA), p. 57).

http://www.gnmagazine.org/issues/gn47/noahsark.htm

I just read all that believe it or not and the arguments are very weak. There's no real evidence whatsoever, just a bunch of unfounded speculation that doesn't necessarily translate in to a functioning Ark. Pretty pathetic to say that "god" helped Noah build the thing and therefore every potential problem is solved. You might just as well say it's all a matter of faith, which it actually is.

I'm sorry, but I can't take anyone seriously that actually believes that the Noah's Ark is for real, especially when there is no evidence of a world wide flood, there is more than adequate explanations for the origins of those myths and the impossible logistics of having every single species of earth dumped in to a boat. If you can believe that then you are able to believe just about ANYTHING.

You believe in it because you have to, due to your dogmatic faith.
from incomplete data

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #408 on: May 04, 2010, 08:30:25 AM »
It seems like God resorts to all these unnecessary, highly awkward motives just to screw in a lightbulb.  Why is he so disappointed with our behavior? Isn't he our manufacturer, what did he expect? That doesn't make sense. What makes sense, however, is man's inability to comprehend or be secure with human behavior, especially sexuality.  Religion is a behavioral response to all of this, man's first attempt at philosophy.

I beg to differ. That would be your having a son and you raise him and give him the environment, in which to become a responsible law-abiding citizen. Yet, he ends up being a crackhead. Are you going to say to yourself, "what did you expect?"

It seems man understands his nature and behavior all too will. And some forms of philosophy appear to be nothing more than man, trying to justify what he knows is wrong (according to Scripture).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #409 on: May 04, 2010, 08:33:34 AM »
I just read all that believe it or not and the arguments are very weak. There's no real evidence whatsoever, just a bunch of unfounded speculation that doesn't necessarily translate in to a functioning Ark. Pretty pathetic to say that "god" helped Noah build the thing and therefore every potential problem is solved. You might just as well say it's all a matter of faith, which it actually is.

No more pathetic than claiming that something just "occured", no guidance, no sentient involvement, no nothing. That would be every bit the "matter of faith" that you claim is the case with Noah's guidance for the Ark.

I'm sorry, but I can't take anyone seriously that actually believes that the Noah's Ark is for real, especially when there is no evidence of a world wide flood, there is more than adequate explanations for the origins of those myths and the impossible logistics of having every single species of earth dumped in to a boat. If you can believe that then you are able to believe just about ANYTHING.

You'll excuse me, if I don't break into tears, because of that. Besides, as has been explained beforehand, nowhere does it state the every single species was dumped into a boat.

You believe in it because you have to, due to your dogmatic faith.

Incorrect!! I don't believe in it because I have to do so. I believe because I choose to do so. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #410 on: May 04, 2010, 08:34:16 AM »
I beg to differ. That would be your having a son and you raise him and give him the environment, in which to become a responsible law-abiding citizen. Yet, he ends up being a crackhead. Are you going to say to yourself, "what did you expect?"

People are not omnipotent. Ridiculous analogy.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #411 on: May 04, 2010, 08:34:57 AM »

I don't understand every piece of encoded DNA in my son, every fiber of being, nor do I know how the future plays out. I can't expect anything for certain. God supposedly does.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #412 on: May 04, 2010, 08:36:59 AM »
People are not omnipotent. Ridiculous analogy.

No one said they were. But, when you set before them right and wrong and they choose wrong, why bellyache about the Divine not stepping in on their free will and keeping them from what normally happens, when you do what's wrong?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: May 04, 2010, 08:39:50 AM »
No more pathetic than claiming that something just "occured", no guidance, no sentient involvement, no nothing. That would be every bit the "matter of faith" that you claim is the case with Noah's guidance for the Ark.

Where do I claim this? If you're gonna go down the path with this argument I'm sure you already know about this thing called infinite regression.

You'll excuse me, if I don't break into tears, because of that. Besides, as has been explained beforehand, nowhere does it state the every single species was dumped into a boat.

Hey it's cool, you obviously have thick skin which is good if you're gonna have a serious debate trying to prove the things written in the bible.

Incorrect!! I don't believe in it because I have to do so. I believe because I choose to do so. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

Sure.
from incomplete data

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #414 on: May 04, 2010, 08:53:05 AM »
Where do I claim this? If you're gonna go down the path with this argument I'm sure you already know about this thing called infinite regression.

Didn't say you made the claim. My point stands, nonetheless.

Hey it's cool, you obviously have thick skin which is good if you're gonna have a serious debate trying to prove the things written in the bible.

I've had it long before now, posting on this forum. So, this ain't my first barbecue, as the saying goes, not by a long shot. I don't have a problem with serious debates.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #415 on: May 04, 2010, 08:54:35 AM »
No one said they were.

By comparing humans to god, yes you are.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: May 04, 2010, 09:02:37 AM »
And what alleged alternate universe did this occur? Because it sure didn't happen here from you, Chimps, or anyone else.

But, since the two of you seem to be involved in your own make-out fest, I will let you "gents" continue to get your Brokeback on.

This universe.  This thread.

I have asked numerous times for proof that this flood was directly caused by God.  Instead you whine, gnash your teeth and dance around talking about "a" flood, or debating cultures describing a flood, or evidence there was a flood.  Yet you have not addressed the question I have asked about directly linking this flood to Gods hand.

You are just a tard trying to convince people you have the answer to something that is nothing more than a fairy tale being supported by your own flawed opinion and idiotic bleating.

But if you must live in La La Land with delusions like that just to cope with the day, so be it.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: May 04, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »
By comparing humans to god, yes you are.

Exactly.

Now she will come back with a three paragraph answer to explain why she said that, but what she really meant to say was different because.. blah blah blah....

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #418 on: May 04, 2010, 09:13:13 AM »

Except the evidence does point in the direction of an uncaused universe. It isn't a faith issue. I believe I made reference to this in the "Hadron Collider - Black Hole thread ( or something like that )" with links to corroborating evidence supporting this hypothesis.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #419 on: May 04, 2010, 09:21:59 AM »
This universe.  This thread.

I have asked numerous times for proof that this flood was directly caused by God.  Instead you whine, gnash your teeth and dance around talking about "a" flood, or debating cultures describing a flood, or evidence there was a flood.  Yet you have not addressed the question I have asked about directly linking this flood to Gods hand.

That's due to your pitiful inability to read, coupled with your continued exercise in buffoonery. The debating cultures, numerous ones worldwide, citing a global flood destroying life on Earth points to a universal source.

And, of all those citing the use of a vessel to store man and animals, we have two accounts with any degree of specifics regarding the dimensions and composition of that vessel. Of those two, one gives the dimensions of a floating vessel, with a ratio of 6:1 length-to-width, a proven commodity for stability. The other is in the shape of a cube.

That, along with some of the items I've posted earlier, shows that such a Flood is no mere coincidence of feat of chance, or run-of-the-mill natural phenomena.

You are just a tard trying to convince people you have the answer to something that is nothing more than a fairy tale being supported by your own flawed opinion and idiotic bleating.

Once again, the various cultures that have cited a global Flood as destroying life on Earth points that the only tard you'll find will be located at your nearest bathroom mirror.

But, don't take my word for it:

For there are many descriptions of the remarkable event [the Genesis Flood]. Some of these have come from Greek historians, some from the Babylonian records; others from the cuneiform tablets, and still others from the mythology and traditions of different nations, so that we may say that no event has occurred either in ancient or modern times about which there is better evidence or more numerous records, than this very one which is so beautifully but briefly described in the sacred Scriptures. It is one of the events which seems to be familiar to the most distant nations—in Australia, in India, in China, in Scandinavia, and in the various parts of America. It is true that many look upon the story as it is repeated in these distant regions, as either referring to local floods, or as the result of contact with civilized people, who have brought it from historic countries, and yet the similarity of the story is such as to make even this explanation unsatisfactory.” Stephen D. Peet, “The Story of the Deluge,” American Antiquarian, Vol. 27, No. 4, July–August 1905, p. 203.

But if you must live in La La Land with delusions like that just to cope with the day, so be it.

As this has nothing to do with my coping with this or any other day, I'll just file this under your ever-increasing file of mush-mouthed silliness.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #420 on: May 04, 2010, 09:39:35 AM »
Why did God allow the flood in the first place?  Is he an absentee landlord?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #421 on: May 04, 2010, 09:43:50 AM »
He called in sick that day.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #422 on: May 04, 2010, 09:46:54 AM »
Next they will go look for the Master Ring.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #423 on: May 04, 2010, 09:59:43 AM »
That's due to your pitiful inability to read, coupled with your continued exercise in buffoonery. The debating cultures, numerous ones worldwide, citing a global flood destroying life on Earth points to a universal source.

And, of all those citing the use of a vessel to store man and animals, we have two accounts with any degree of specifics regarding the dimensions and composition of that vessel. Of those two, one gives the dimensions of a floating vessel, with a ratio of 6:1 length-to-width, a proven commodity for stability. The other is in the shape of a cube.

That, along with some of the items I've posted earlier, shows that such a Flood is no mere coincidence of feat of chance, or run-of-the-mill natural phenomena.

Once again, the various cultures that have cited a global Flood as destroying life on Earth points that the only tard you'll find will be located at your nearest bathroom mirror.

But, don't take my word for it:

For there are many descriptions of the remarkable event [the Genesis Flood]. Some of these have come from Greek historians, some from the Babylonian records; others from the cuneiform tablets, and still others from the mythology and traditions of different nations, so that we may say that no event has occurred either in ancient or modern times about which there is better evidence or more numerous records, than this very one which is so beautifully but briefly described in the sacred Scriptures. It is one of the events which seems to be familiar to the most distant nations—in Australia, in India, in China, in Scandinavia, and in the various parts of America. It is true that many look upon the story as it is repeated in these distant regions, as either referring to local floods, or as the result of contact with civilized people, who have brought it from historic countries, and yet the similarity of the story is such as to make even this explanation unsatisfactory.” Stephen D. Peet, “The Story of the Deluge,” American Antiquarian, Vol. 27, No. 4, July–August 1905, p. 203.

As this has nothing to do with my coping with this or any other day, I'll just file this under your ever-increasing file of mush-mouthed silliness.

*YAWN*

But that wasn't my question.  I was not asking anything about whether there was a flood or not.  Or whether the ark blah blah blah... whatever.

Hell, for the sake for argument I will give you that there was a flood and Noah built an ark.

My question is where is the proof this flood was caused by God.  Very simple question.  Yet as the tard you are, you can't seem to understand it. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #424 on: May 04, 2010, 10:05:10 AM »

Allowed?  Well yes, that could be it.  Because MCWACKY hasn't answered my simple question of where is proof that God caused the flood in the first place.  Since it is obvious he didn't cause the flood, maybe he did indeed allow it.

Watching Christards dance around when told to give a specific answer is always amusing.