Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63243 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #175 on: April 28, 2010, 11:08:30 AM »
Isn't that the point MCWay... There's not enough room on the Titanic for 2 of every kind of animal, much less this supposed Ark.

Not really!! The issue is how many animals would have had to be onboard the Ark. Given the Ark’s volume and (according to Noah’s Ark: A Feasibility Study) if one equated the Biblical term “kind” to the taxonomic category of “genus”, the Ark would have carried approximately 16,000 animals stored within it. Others have cited numbers around 35,000. Both numbers pose no issue, regarding the Ark's capacity.

pic91

• Getbig II
« Reply #176 on: April 28, 2010, 11:09:13 AM »
Can you picture the TONS of shit that 2 animals from each species would do in 40 days and 40 night ?  :o

And all of that on a boat of 450 ft x 75 ft x 45 ft  ::)... Don't know if Noah really existed, but if he did he must have been the precursor of the "2 girl 1 cup" kind of stuff  :-X

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #177 on: April 28, 2010, 11:11:00 AM »
Coach, did you notice a couple of things?

"..They failed to reveal the location of their find or produce photographs of the exterior of the site."

other good points.

'If floodwaters covered Eurasia 12,000ft deep in 2,800 BC, how did the complex societies of Egypt and Mesopotamia, already many centuries old, keep right on regardless? And dating Noah's Flood to 2,800 BC is arbitrary anyway...'

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2010, 11:11:30 AM »
I'm glad you brought up free will.  Question:  If God created me in his image, he gave me reasoning skills, questioning, and free will.  If I use these skills and my free will to not believe, not follow the church, and live my life in a moral fashion outside the confines of religion, why would he punish me for that, he made me this way?

The problem with free will is simple. If there isn't free will in heaven for the "saints" when they die, then why did God need to test us with it on earth, since without it in heaven we'd all obey God anyway? If there is no free will in heaven for the "saints" when they die, then how did Satan gain free will while in heaven which he purportedly used to rebel? If free will is so valuable, then why would God reward the "saints" in heaven by taking it away from them, but punish "sinners" in hell by letting them keep it ?

A Supreme Being that is all powerful doesn't need to be worshipped.  If he wanted to be worshipped then he would simply make people worship him.  Humans, animals, plants, etc...  Which I guess there will be no animals or plants in heaven since they do not worship.

Worship is nothing more than a by product of insecurities.  There is this imaginary all powerful being that zealots worship for no other reason except they are insecure and feel the need to force attention on this imaginary being in order to feel as though they are accepted as part him.  

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2010, 11:11:41 AM »
Can you picture the TONS of shit that 2 animals from each species would do in 40 days and 40 night ?  :o

And all of that on a boat of 450 ft x 75 ft x 45 ft  ::)... Don't know if Noah really existed, but if he did he must have been the precursor of the "2 girl 1 cup" kind of stuff  :-X

How many species of animals do you suppose roamed the earth that long ago? As many as there is now?

double a ron

• Getbig II
« Reply #180 on: April 28, 2010, 11:12:02 AM »

As for evil existing with a good and omnipotent God, that can be summed up in two words: FREE WILL.

But if god is omnipotent, then would said "omnipotent" creator make a mistake, and then REPENT for it.  If he really is omnipotent he could have just fixed everything.  If the reason he couldn't fix everything without the flood then he is no omnipotent, and that opens up a whole new can of worms..........

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #181 on: April 28, 2010, 11:12:37 AM »
Coach, did you notice a couple of things?

"..They failed to reveal the location of their find or produce photographs of the exterior of the site."

other good points.

'If floodwaters covered Eurasia 12,000ft deep in 2,800 BC, how did the complex societies of Egypt and Mesopotamia, already many centuries old, keep right on regardless? And dating Noah's Flood to 2,800 BC is arbitrary anyway...'

I couldn't even understand what they were saying, could you?

double a ron

• Getbig II
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2010, 11:13:27 AM »
Worship is nothing more than a by product of insecurities.  There is this imaginary all powerful being that zealots worship for no other reason except they are insecure and feel the need to force attention on this imaginary being in order to feel as though they are accepted as part him.  

We are on exactly the same page Lurker.

double a ron

• Getbig II
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2010, 11:14:33 AM »
How many species of animals do you suppose roamed the earth that long ago? As many as there is now?

epic irrational arguement

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2010, 11:15:19 AM »

Are you really trying to fit logic and common sense into a age old myth? Get a grip.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2010, 11:15:57 AM »
I couldn't even understand what they were saying, could you?

What's that got to do with my previous post?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: April 28, 2010, 11:17:39 AM »
Exactly, so really god is a tyrant in a saviors clothing,

Exactly.  The hypocrisy of it all is that Christians themselves admit that God is more cruel to them than Satan.

Your kid died?  Oh... God needed an angel.  As if he hasn't gotten millions of them already, he needed a 4 year old.  Never do they say "That damn Satan took my child from me".

You got cancer?  How many times do you hear them claim "Ohhh... Satan is behind this and attacking me?"  None.  Instead it is always "God is testing me".

Your parents get killed in a car crash or leave you an orphan?  You have a rare blood disease?  Born retarded?  Is it Satan being evil and crafty?  No, it is always "God works in mysterious ways.."

Bunch of insecure tards.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #187 on: April 28, 2010, 11:18:44 AM »
Not really!! The issue is how many animals would have had to be onboard the Ark. Given the Ark’s volume and (according to Noah’s Ark: A Feasibility Study) if one equated the Biblical term “kind” to the taxonomic category of “genus”, the Ark would have carried approximately 16,000 animals stored within it. Others have cited numbers around 35,000. Both numbers pose no issue, regarding the Ark's capacity.
Now feed those 16,000 animals. Let's say it takes 30 seconds to feed one. So that 2 animals per minute. That's 8,000 minutes or roughly 5.55 days to just give them ONE FEEDING. And that's without a break. ::)
Don't you see how ridiculous this is?

double a ron

• Getbig II
« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2010, 11:20:31 AM »
I like logic.  Your kid died?  I guess he shouldn't have eaten that poison.  You got cancer?  I guess some of your cells mutated due to a defect in your genes.  I  guess it is just easier to blame it one the man upstairs then face reality. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2010, 11:20:37 AM »

Well let's see... there were the dinosaurs... oh wait.. Christians deny they existed too.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #190 on: April 28, 2010, 11:20:59 AM »
But if god is omnipotent, then would said "omnipotent" creator make a mistake, and then REPENT for it.  If he really is omnipotent he could have just fixed everything.  If the reason he couldn't fix everything without the flood then he is no omnipotent, and that opens up a whole new can of worms..........
Lol, if he really was omnipotent, he would have seen satan betraying him and certainly could have prevented evil. ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2010, 11:21:33 AM »
I'm glad you brought up free will.  Question:  If God created me in his image, he gave me reasoning skills, questioning, and free will.  If I use these skills and my free will to not believe, not follow the church, and live my life in a moral fashion outside the confines of religion, why would he punish me for that, he made me this way?

That brings up another subject, that's been addressed elsewhere: "Moral" according to WHOSE standards? Who's making the rules, here?

If you choose not to believe or follow His instructions, He has no reason to reward you (or at least, spare you of the consequences of your actions).

You don't have to obey your boss at work, either. Then again, your boss doesn't have to reward your disobedience with a paycheck.

Quote from: Oldschool Flip=topic=328825.msg4688218#msg4688218 date=1272477550

Because it's not free will, but an ultimatum. Free will is when you have an unconstrained condition to make a decision. In god's case, if you "decide" not to follow, you burn in hell for eternity. This means that there is a strained condition to the decision.

Not quite!! Free will means you get to make the decision and endure whatever consequences are associated with such a decision, one way or the other. Were God to leave mankind to his own devices, he would simply do what he does now and what he did long ago: Destroy himself.

Then come the complaints of why God doesn't do something about this, that, or the other.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #192 on: April 28, 2010, 11:22:40 AM »
Well let's see... there were the dinosaurs... oh wait.. Christians deny they existed too.

Oh no... They say that they roamed the earth WITH man now.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: April 28, 2010, 11:23:08 AM »
I like logic.  Your kid died?  I guess he shouldn't have eaten that poison.  You got cancer?  I guess some of your cells mutated due to a defect in your genes.  I  guess it is just easier to blame it one the man upstairs then face reality. 

When things are going your way..."God is great".
When things are going downhill for you.."God is testing me"

What the fuck kind of test is it for those kids in Calcutta?  What about those miners?  Tsunami victims?  

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #194 on: April 28, 2010, 11:23:44 AM »
Oh hell no! They were on the ark too.

http://www.christiananswers.net/dinosaurs/j-ark1.html

::)

double a ron

• Getbig II
« Reply #195 on: April 28, 2010, 11:24:37 AM »
Religion is a hand me down preserved from generation to generation. It's built upon kind of like folklore, there is no fact, only heresay.  That is why the local church of 100 10 years ago is still the local church of about 100 adults.  If there was any fact / evidence on the existance of god or all these "stories the church would be growing.  What we need to do is avoid educating the mcway's and coaches of the world and focus on the kids, get a strict no god course in all schools so we can raise a generation of rational / logical human beings.  Perhaps at some point we can all live together...........

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: April 28, 2010, 11:26:16 AM »
When is why Christianity is on the decline in this country.  For the better too. 

Let's face it.  Penicillin has saved more people than Jesus and preachers have.

double a ron

• Getbig II
« Reply #197 on: April 28, 2010, 11:26:20 AM »
"Moral" according to WHOSE standards? Who's making the rules, here?

It doesn't matter, if I follow all morals according to god, but do not beleive or do not accept Jesus Christ as my personal lord and savior I will burn for eternity in hell. More or less.

No matter if you are a good person, or are equally devout in another faith. Phew, good thing you were born where you were and had parents who were sheep in the heard otherwise you would have been born straight into hell mcway......

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2010, 11:27:06 AM »
Not quite!! Free will means you get to make the decision and endure whatever consequences are associated with such a decision, one way or the other. Were God to leave mankind to his own devices, he would simply do what he does now and what he did long ago: Destroy himself.

Then come the complaints of why God doesn't do something about this, that, or the other.
Uh no.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/free+will

2.  The power of making free choices that are unconstrained by external circumstances or by an agency such as fate or divine will.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2010, 11:31:05 AM »
That brings up another subject, that's been addressed elsewhere: "Moral" according to WHOSE standards? Who's making the rules, here?

If you choose not to believe or follow His instructions, He has no reason to reward you (or at least, spare you of the consequences of your actions).

You don't have to obey your boss at work, either. Then again, your boss doesn't have to reward your disobedience with a paycheck.
The "morals" during that time period were dictated by Kings, emperors, etc. Which is why punishment for not listening to their laws, which are similar to god's laws (worship, reverence,etc.) mirrored that of the scripture in the old testament.