Author Topic: Noahs Ark Found  (Read 63162 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Noahs Ark Found
« Reply #325 on: April 29, 2010, 12:04:04 PM »
More waffling and sophistry from MCSWAY. We'll take that as a NO. Here's Wiki's definition of Empirical for you. I've bolded the important bits for you.

"The word empirical denotes information gained by means of observation, experience, or experiment.[1]  A central concept in science and the scientific method is that all evidence  must be empirical, or empirically based, that is, dependent on evidence or consequences that are observable by the senses. It is usually differentiated from the philosophic usage of empiricism  by the use of the adjective empirical or the adverb empirically. The term refers to the use of working hypotheses  that are testable using observation  or experiment. In this sense of the word, scientific statements are subject to and derived from our experiences or observations. Empirical data is data that is produced by experiment or observation."

Fairy tales like Noah and his Ark, Baba Yaga or any of the Greek myths may be entertaining but are about as empirical as pigs flying.    

In other words, it's trial and error, which I've known, since I was a kid. Of course, it hasn't dawned on you that it's a wee bit hard for someone to observe a global flood, let alone replicate one.

But, per my original statement, we have all these cultures and civilizations with this weird idea that, at some point in Earth's history, the planet was destroyed by a global flood. And the survivors became such by building a vessels and storing animals in it. That is well-documented.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #326 on: April 29, 2010, 12:19:38 PM »
In other words, it's trial and error, which I've known, since I was a kid. Of course, it hasn't dawned on you that it's a wee bit hard for someone to observe a global flood, let alone replicate one.

But, per my original statement, we have all these cultures and civilizations with this weird idea that, at some point in Earth's history, the planet was destroyed by a global flood. And the survivors became such by building a vessels and storing animals in it. That is well-documented.

Actually, it is. Geologists and archaeologists can see evidence(s) of past flood action very easily from differences in rock strata, river path variation or from any number of biological markers. You're not very good at this, are you?  ::)

/And it is simply 'well documented.' It would only be 'well-documented' if you had an object or subject it modified that followed. You talk a good game, but you don't have a clue, do you?   

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #327 on: April 29, 2010, 12:23:17 PM »
and that he fathered what we know as mankind today.

Imagine that. Noah and his wife were able to father children that eventually became what we know as Asians, Blacks, whites etc....

Imagine this....  since obviously the inbred children of Adam and Eve turned out to be such marvelous specimens that the only solution was to destroy them all, minus a few that were on the ark...   ::)  God then did what?  Based the future mankind race once again on incest relations and inbred by products.

You would think him being God and all....  he wouldn't make a mistake.  Certainly not the same one twice.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: April 29, 2010, 12:24:01 PM »

Where is the evidence that such a flood, any flood, at any point of the Earth's history was caused by God.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #329 on: April 29, 2010, 12:32:11 PM »
Actually, it is. Geologists and archaeologists can see evidence(s) of past flood action very easily from differences in rock strata, river path variation or from any number of biological markers. You're not very good at this, are you?  ::)

/And it is simply 'well documented.' It would only be 'well-documented' if you had an object or subject it modified that followed. You talk a good game, but you don't have a clue, do you?  

This coming from someone who asks for "empiricial" proof about the cultures, which cite a global flood, then (when he got it) feebly tried the bait-and-switch job?  ::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #330 on: April 29, 2010, 12:49:14 PM »
Where is the evidence that such a flood, any flood, at any point of the Earth's history was caused by God.

You can start here:

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scientific_evidence_for_a_worldwide_flood.htm

Add to that, a stability study, regarding a vessel with the Ark's dimensions.

http://www.worldwideflood.com/ark/hull_form/hull_optimization.htm

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: April 29, 2010, 01:03:15 PM »
You can start here:

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scientific_evidence_for_a_worldwide_flood.htm

I am not asking for evidence of a flood.

I am asking for evidence that the flood - any flood - was directly caused by God.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #332 on: April 29, 2010, 02:06:52 PM »
This coming from someone who asks for "empiricial" proof about the cultures, which cite a global flood, then (when he got it) feebly tried the bait-and-switch job?  ::)
Labour that point to all distraction; nobody's buying it. You have NOTHING. You're just a loud-mouthed phony. And *that* is all.  :-\

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #333 on: April 29, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »

Hmm... haven't read this entire thread, so I don't know where exactly the argument is at the moment, but I should point out that the biblical definition of "The World," would be different then our definition. Most likely it was meant to refer to a specific geographical region.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: April 29, 2010, 03:26:57 PM »
sooooooo.. God, who knows everything that ever was, everything that ever will be.. Is alone.. and lonely. He creates humans to worship and "love" him. He can also show his love, anger, jealousy, wrath, etc etc to them. He creates them knowing he will have to destroy all of them in a flood (except 8 who are on a boat with 2 of each kind of animal). However he knows in advance this flood is all for nothing and he will have to send his son/himself down as a sacrificial lamb to die for our sins so we can avoid hell and go to heaven. He does this knowing in advance that the majority of his creation will again ignore it and must be burned in hell eternally..

What's so hard to believe? That all this happened, or that God is that stupid..

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #335 on: April 29, 2010, 03:31:50 PM »
sooooooo.. God, who knows everything that ever was, everything that ever will be.. Is alone.. and lonely. He creates humans to worship and "love" him. He can also show his love, anger, jealousy, wrath, etc etc to them. He creates them knowing he will have to destroy all of them in a flood (except 8 who are on a boat with 2 of each kind of animal). However he knows in advance this flood is all for nothing and he will have to send his son/himself down as a sacrificial lamb to die for our sins so we can avoid hell and go to heaven. He does this knowing in advance that the majority of his creation will again ignore it and must be burned in hell eternally..

No. All these events occurred because it was 'God's' pleasure, or so people, like MCWAY, would try to convince you.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #336 on: April 29, 2010, 03:33:21 PM »
You can start here:

Hahaha... Starting at a site that is so CLEARLY not based in science, but based in belief... The exact opposite of science.

Hmmm...

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #337 on: April 29, 2010, 06:16:32 PM »
MCWAY you didn't answer the question I had about feeding the animals. You state that at least 16,000 animals were on board the ark. If it takes 1 minute to feed 2 animals, it would take 5.5 days for just ONE feeding. And that's without a break. So not only do you have to feed the animals, but whoever is doing it has to feed themselves and also rest.
Give a reasonable answer to how this was done.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #338 on: April 29, 2010, 06:27:28 PM »
MCWAY you didn't answer the question I had about feeding the animals. You state that at least 16,000 animals were on board the ark. If it takes 1 minute to feed 2 animals, it would take 5.5 days for just ONE feeding. And that's without a break. So not only do you have to feed the animals, but whoever is doing it has to feed themselves and also rest.
Give a reasonable answer to how this was done.

Also,

Since the entire globe was flooded with ocean water, doesn't that mean all the remaining water is salty water?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #339 on: April 29, 2010, 06:28:14 PM »
i hear that jesus was a jew....

bench

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #340 on: April 29, 2010, 06:44:02 PM »
No thanks! I have my own!!!

What "age of reason"? A bunch of atheists, who simply become more belligerrent (and, at times, boneheaded), hardly classifies as an "age of reason".

The fact remains that, across the globe, in cultures past and present, we have a universal consensus that, at some point in this planet's history, there was a global catastrophe, a flood, which destroyed life as we know it on this planet, excluding a handful of survivors, who built a vessels carrying animals on it (which is hardly the way one commonly seeks to survive an oncoming deluge).

You have only words on paper - but that gives you enough arrogance to spout crap and insult others.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: April 29, 2010, 07:10:16 PM »
Ok. So there was this big fucking flood you see. And 8 people survived. And still there are aaaaall these cultures writing about this catastrophe, in detail I guess. Explain please.

double a ron

• Getbig II
« Reply #342 on: April 30, 2010, 06:17:27 AM »
Is this thread still alive?  I had to get out, you can't debate this with people like mcway, nothing you say, no matter how much evidence to the contrary will ever convince him, science means nothing.  He is brainwashed by the church, naive and gullible, weak minded, using hearsay as fact, let him.  He has an answer for every query, and it all sounds very logical to him and the sheep.

Mcway, I concede, you convinced me, there is a man in the sky, noah saved all the animals from a flood in a big ass boat and lived to 900 years old, a virgin was impregnated and had a savior for a son, and you are going to heaven and we are going to hell.  I got it, you win and we lose. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: April 30, 2010, 06:33:45 AM »
Ok. So there was this big fucking flood you see. And 8 people survived. And still there are aaaaall these cultures writing about this catastrophe, in detail I guess. Explain please.

LOL!!  In McWacky's mind this is perfectly logical and there is an explanation for it.  But you have to realllllllllyyy believe in it.  And disconnect from reality for a spell.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #344 on: April 30, 2010, 06:49:16 AM »
Is this thread still alive?  I had to get out, you can't debate this with people like mcway, nothing you say, no matter how much evidence to the contrary will ever convince him, science means nothing.  He is brainwashed by the church, naive and gullible, weak minded, using hearsay as fact, let him.  He has an answer for every query, and it all sounds very logical to him and the sheep.

Mcway, I concede, you convinced me, there is a man in the sky, noah saved all the animals from a flood in a big ass boat and lived to 900 years old, a virgin was impregnated and had a savior for a son, and you are going to heaven and we are going to hell.  I got it, you win and we lose.  

I was corrected that he didn't live to 900 but 600 and sum odd years...like that makes a difference...What was the average life expectancy back then anyway?ha ha...
DAWG

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #345 on: April 30, 2010, 06:52:15 AM »
why are the non believers so angry at the ones that do believe?  seriously, why does it piss you people off that much?  who gives a fuck what who believes?
Deep Tissue Massage

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: April 30, 2010, 07:00:38 AM »
why are the non believers so angry at the ones that do believe?  seriously, why does it piss you people off that much?  who gives a fuck what who believes?

I don't.  Except when they attempt to use a fairy tale to tell other people how to live their lives and shove their agenda down people's throats while hiding behind delusions and smoke screens that reveals them to be idiots and hypocrites.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #347 on: April 30, 2010, 07:15:10 AM »

Religious influence in education and politics comes to mind.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #348 on: April 30, 2010, 07:17:52 AM »

And God, who created Adam and Eve, knew that they were going to Sin, so therefore Sin was already created, because God "thought" it up. And He punished Adaam and Eve for doing something he knew that they were going to do in advance...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #349 on: April 30, 2010, 07:48:05 AM »
I don't.  Except when they attempt to use a fairy tale to tell other people how to live their lives and shove their agenda down people's throats while hiding behind delusions and smoke screens that reveals them to be idiots and hypocrites.

And this "agenda" gets shoved down your throat how, again?