Author Topic: Monty Python reunites for stage show  (Read 3793 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Monty Python reunites for stage show
« on: November 19, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20131119/b482627/

Monty Python Reuniting for New Stage Show

Time to get your silly walk on!

Terry Jones confirmed on Tuesday, Nov 19, that he and the four other surviving members of Monty Python are indeed reuniting.

"We're getting together and putting on a show—it's real," Jones told BBC News . "I'm quite excited about it. I hope it makes us a lot of money. I hope to be able to pay off my mortgage!"

Jones' statement comes on the heels of The Sun 's headline the day before that read, "Monty Python Is Set to Be a Flying Circus All Over Again."

The reunion, which will bring together Jones, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Michael Palin and Eric Idle, is expected to be announced officially on Thursday at a press conference at The Playhouse Theatre in London's West End, where Monty Python's Spamalot is currently running. 

A sixth founding member, Graham Chapman, died of cancer in 1989.

The group first found success with their zany sketch series, Monty Python's Flying Circus, which debuted in 1969 on the BBC, before hitting it big on the silver screen with such films as Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Python's Life of Brian and Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Monty Python reunites for stage show
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 03:42:01 PM »
Monty Python, together (again). Their new live show will be held at the O2, London, on July 1, 2014, and you can buy tickets from MontyPythonLive.com on November 25.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 11:29:58 PM »
http://www.nerdist.com/2014/04/the-last-night-of-monty-python-to-be-broadcast-live-in-theaters-worldwide/

THE LAST NIGHT OF MONTY PYTHON To Be Broadcast Live in Theaters Worldwide

When tickets went on sale for legendary comedy troupe Monty Python’s upcoming dates at the O2 Arena in London, they sold out in mere seconds. Those lucky few ticket buyers perhaps didn’t know it at the time, but this set of shows might be the last time that Monty Python performs together. But if you didn’t get tickets, Picturehouse Entertainment has just acquired the rights to broadcast The Last Night of Monty Python live to theaters across the entire world.

450 theaters with about 1500 screens will show the event on July 20th. There’s no word about a subsequent home video release, but since they’ll be filming the show, that’s a possibility. In either event, with the live screening, you’ll have a chance to see what might possibly be the last performance of Monty Python.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 05:19:09 AM »
From the Monty Python reunion