Author Topic: Training and cardio to bring legs down  (Read 2066 times)

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
Training and cardio to bring legs down
« on: January 02, 2007, 09:38:13 AM »
Im looking to lose a significant amount of BF in the upcoming months and size on my legs. They are out of proportion to my upperbody. Any good cardio/training techniques to help bring them down. I was bulking doin heavy lifts low reps for squats and deads hoping to build strength but not mass but my legs take that to easily and they blew up. I always think training my legs hard will inherently make my upperbody catch up but it hasnt been the case. Let me know. Thanks

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
Re: Training and cardio to bring legs down
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 11:01:25 AM »
Well dearest if you are a lover of pies to cease this activity!

Losing weight will bring your legs down, if it is just muscle then stop training them! If as it sounds you are fat then begin doing cardio immediately and look to build up to 40 mins 5-6 times a week and you cannot fail.

On the other hand you must control your diet, if you gorge on carbs and simple sugars you need to cut them out and bring you diet under control to help your cardio lose the weight.

Sadly you will not be able to remove fat from just on your legs although like I said if it is muscle causing the problem cut back on training legs.

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 11:11:43 AM »
Haha, Im not big on sweets and dessert. I gorge on good food like noodles and steak and caserrole. Ive got my diet taken care of now though. Just didnt know if anyone has any similar experiences. Im def in the 20% bf range, dunno never been tested, but hopefully I can get some good results from the cardio alone and not training the legs. I was thinking uf subbing some core exercises like cleans. I hate having to wear diff sizes of jeans during diff times of the year. I love holiday foods so maybe I'll just have to deal with it and trim down for the spring every year.

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 11:17:04 AM »
Are you legs freaky huge or something?

What exercises do you use for legs then?

ta ta

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 11:41:26 AM »
They have always naturally been bigger. They arent freakishly huge as i am not a freakishly huge guy I dunno i havent measured them. But they are much bigger than anyones I know. I do squats deads, extensions, curls, calf raises. Typical shit. Ive dont train them year round by any means. I woud just like to see them be proportional to my body. When im not lifting i do kickboxing and grappling, mixed martial arts stuff. That shit only makes my flexor muscles swell up nothing significant.

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 12:02:23 PM »
well then i'd say if you have good genetics for legs and they are naturally large you would have to bring up your torso while losing BF.

By the sounds of it though you have what many of us strive for!!!

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 01:10:00 PM »
I wouldnt say that i have what you strive for. Big legs and ass that make you look weird till you can make your torso thick enough. Its not aestically pleasing nor comfortable.

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 01:27:40 PM »
Then its just diet cardio from here i'm afraid spot reducing just legs and ass ain't gonna happen but persevere as eventually the excess will come into line with your upper body.

There is no quick fix, its going to be long pathway but if you want to acieve your goals you have to be prepared to sacrifice things to achive them.

do you train your upper body much, you mentioned you thought traing legs would affect your upper body what do you do for it?

ta ta

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 01:47:18 PM »
Yes I train my upperbody constantly. Ive always been told you will not grow significantly withouth working your legs. Im not gonna layout my whole upperbody workout but I train it hard.

SuperMike3288

• Getbig III
  • Up, up, and away!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 10:09:58 PM »
Dude, if you have big legs keep it going. If you arn't competeing make them as big as possible. Why quit?
Intensity; the measure of man

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 07:03:42 AM »
I dont want big legs, its awkard, i dont fit into clothes, and plus hold a bunch of extra weight which makes it difficult to make weight when i fight. I would prob be 185 -190 right now instead of 215 220 if i didnt have all the uneeded mass.

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 10:15:57 PM »

Do what us runners do-- bring up the mileage---Run twice a day for 30 days, (am/pm)...do that for 3 days a week for minimum of 20 minutes/time. -- You can walk faster in the a.m., then run slowly (p.m.) It should shock your body and help start the weight loss rolling.  Don't lift heavy while you are doing this or eat too many carbs.

Good luck

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 07:01:24 AM »
Running's best, 6 times a week, the more the mileage the better. No weight training for legs, plus diet, of course. That's it.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 12:06:50 PM »
Thanks again guys. Im a bit heavy right now to be running but ill get at it as soon as i lose an initial 10-15 lbs. Been doing cardio on the bike and eliptical 40min 5 days last week and starting 45 min 6 times this week.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 12:20:45 PM »
Thanks again guys. Im a bit heavy right now to be running but ill get at it as soon as i lose an initial 10-15 lbs. Been doing cardio on the bike and eliptical 40min 5 days last week and starting 45 min 6 times this week.

You don't really have to wait-run part of the way, walk for a while, run some more then eventually over time increase the running and reduce walking.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 12:52:55 PM »
My ass and legs seem to get fat the easiest and it comes off my ass and legs last.  >:(
S

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 07:00:29 PM »

Walking briskly is just as good-- just move your arms faster as you go--

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 07:03:43 PM »
Im looking to lose a significant amount of BF in the upcoming months and size on my legs. They are out of proportion to my upperbody. Any good cardio/training techniques to help bring them down. I was bulking doin heavy lifts low reps for squats and deads hoping to build strength but not mass but my legs take that to easily and they blew up. I always think training my legs hard will inherently make my upperbody catch up but it hasnt been the case. Let me know. Thanks

What you should be doing is bringing everything else up.
just push some weight!

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 09:20:30 PM »
Eh, i need the conditioning. I havent been ripped except when i was making weight for fights and stuff so id like to actually do it without starving and cutting a week ahead of a weigh in.