Author Topic: Single Greatest Food For Mass.  (Read 6782 times)

suckmymuscle

Single Greatest Food For Mass.
« on: November 12, 2008, 06:43:32 AM »
  Hamburger meat. This is a tip from your mod. Why is it so good for packing on the pounds? Because it contains a pre-digested high quality protein that is easy for the body to absorb, as well as ample calories. Another bonus is that it is cheap. As I mentioned in one of my posts recently, calories are what really matters for growth, and not so much protein.

Grinding the meat to turn it into hamburger meat makes it semi-digested, and eliminates a lot of the trouble your stomach would have to dissolve the fibrous tissue of regular meat. This combined with the high fat content provides your body with the best source of relatively cheap and easily absorbed high quality protein and calories for gains. My best gains were on hamburger meat eaten everyday. You guys should give it a shot.

SUCKMYMUSCE

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
Re: Single Greatest Food For Mass.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 07:24:17 AM »
1 lb. a day my friend....with alittle A-1 or country bobs

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 07:27:51 AM »
gallon of milk!

and maybe some maximus  ;D...damn that stuff is good!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 09:40:50 AM »
gallon of milk!

Burger meat is the single best food for mass for several reasons:

1. It's cheap.

2. It contains high quality protein that is pre-digested for maximum absorption.

3. It provides ample calories for protein-sparring and muscle growth.

I said burger meat is the best food for mass, not the only one. There are several other great foods for mas, like whole eggs scrambled with a little extra virgin olive oil. Burger meat is better than regular red meat because the meat is grinded which makes it easier for your body to digest and assimilate it.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 10:25:56 AM »
i'm a fan of ground beef and ground turkey... filling, cheap, and healthy

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 11:39:05 AM »
Remember, you can reduce the fat content in ground beef by rinsing it in hot water.  It must be at least 150 degrees to be effective.
:

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 12:24:07 PM »
The fat content in hamburger meat can easily be reduced by using low fat cuts.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »
The fat content in hamburger meat can easily be reduced by using low fat cuts.

Yes but "suckmymuscle" makes a point of both the high fat count and calories as something positive and doesnt approve of low fat cuts.

Z

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 04:47:22 PM »
Yes but "suckmymuscle" makes a point of both the high fat count and calories as something positive and doesnt approve of low fat cuts.

I don't approve of low fat cuts for mass gains, no. Eating chicken or turkey breasts or ultra-lean red meat is not ideal for mass. Number one for mass are calories, and not protein. Eating 500 grams of protein a day won't help you put on muscle if it gets all converted into glucose via gluconeogenesis because despite your huge protein intake you are still eating below your caloric need for maintenance.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 08:29:21 PM »
Remember, you can reduce the fat content in ground beef by rinsing it in hot water.  It must be at least 150 degrees to be effective.
i usually do this but ive always used c0old water...ive never heard about the hot
w

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 08:31:48 PM »
  Hamburger meat. This is a tip from your mod. Why is it so good for packing on the pounds? Because it contains a pre-digested high quality protein that is easy for the body to absorb, as well as ample calories. Another bonus is that it is cheap. As I mentioned in one of my posts recently, calories are what really matters for growth, and not so much protein.

Grinding the meat to turn it into hamburger meat makes it semi-digested, and eliminates a lot of the trouble your stomach would have to dissolve the fibrous tissue of regular meat. This combined with the high fat content provides your body with the best source of relatively cheap and easily absorbed high quality protein and calories for gains. My best gains were on hamburger meat eaten everyday. You guys should give it a shot.

SUCKMYMUSCE

Are you a doctor or competitor? Just curious as to why we should listen to you about nutrition. Not trying to start a fight but can we hear your credentials and see a few pics? :)
E

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 10:41:57 PM »
gallon of milk!

I'm with wicked 100%.  Milk is hands down the cheapest and all around best bulking "food."  Red meat runs a close second, but remember that meat has zero carbs, whereas milk has carbs, fat (depending on which kind you drink), and protein--it has it all.  You wanna get big...drink milk, and lots of it.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 06:35:52 AM »
Nobody said it's ideal. You can get a lot of calories from lots of sources other than the fat of burgers. Same with protein, nobody but you mentioned that either so I don't even know why you're bringing it up.

Sure, you can get calories and protein from several other sources. So what? What's your point? Hamburger meat is a practical source of both of them, the protein is easily absorvable and it is also cheap. That's what makes it the best in my opinion.

ps. you "forgot" to reply to my other post (just as you forget to respond to posts all over the Nutrition board from numerous users)

Wrong. It's good that you put that on quotes because I didn't forget anything. I don't have an obligation to respond to any of your posts, an assumption you seem to be making all the time. I will respond to whatever posts I feel like, as any other poster in this board.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 11:42:49 AM »
whey is cheaper, better amino acid profile, easier to digest, and more anabolic. bulk olive oil is cheaper a better source of fat easier to consume and more anabolic.

:)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 01:40:27 PM »
cottage cheese

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
i love ground beef, good stuff, but in no way is it better than the leaner meats.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 04:43:55 PM »
whey is cheaper, better amino acid profile, easier to digest, and more anabolic. bulk olive oil is cheaper a better source of fat easier to consume and more anabolic.

:)

Nice try. The unsaturated fats of olive oil do not raise testosterone as well as the saturated fats in beef. As for whey protein, it is more expensive pound-per-pound than hamburger and it does not give the same anabolic boost as beef because whey protein gets in your bloodstream fast and is also out of your system fast. Furthermore, if you are arguing that the combo of olive oil and whey protein is better, observe that I said that hamburger meat is the single best food for mass, with whole eggs a close second. Also, this is my opinion of years working out and I am simply reporting my personal experiences. I never claimed that is a scientific fact that hamburger meat is the best food for mass.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 04:49:42 PM »
i love ground beef, good stuff, but in no way is it better than the leaner meats.

For mass, yes it is. You won't get big by eating truckloads of protein and little calories. Regular red meat and whole eggs are almost conditione sine qua non for packing on the muscle.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 05:06:32 PM »
i usually do this but ive always used c0old water...ive never heard about the hot

Cold water would do nothing.  Actually, it would harden the fat to the meat defeating the purpose.

http://www.beefnutrition.org/uDocs/Reducing%20Fat%20in%20Cooked%20Ground%20Beef.pdf
:

Alex23

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 05:14:57 PM »
QuakerOats been lifting weights for what, 20 years? I don't think he needs to be lectured on the importance of calories. Let's try to stick to the subject here.

BTW there seems to be several posts missing that I made earlier? I'll have the REAL moderators look into it, looks like we might have a loose cannon here!

hahaha stfu rectum kisser.

best thing: buy a meat grinder and make your own with lean sirloin. 

AVBG

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 05:16:36 PM »
I'd say eggs.

io856

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 05:28:46 PM »
I think we've established that there's lots of far better sources for mass than burgers. EOD.
Maybe certain individuals are just trying to justify their eating habits to themselves under the guise of mass?  :D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 05:33:18 PM »
  Nice try. The unsaturated fats of olive oil do not raise testosterone as well as the saturated fats in beef. As for whey protein, it is more expensive pound-per-pound than hamburger and it does not give the same anabolic boost as beef because whey protein gets in your bloodstream fast and is also out of your system fast. Furthermore, if you are arguing that the combo of olive oil and whey protein is better, observe that I said that hamburger meat is the single best food for mass, with whole eggs a close second. Also, this is my opinion of years working out and I am simply reporting my personal experiences. I never claimed that is a scientific fact that hamburger meat is the best food for mass.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
um no monounsaturated fats raise testosterone as well if not better than saturated fats and are more anabolic through other mechniasms as well as the fact theat they promote innsulin sensitivity, while saturated fats promote desensitivity.    grams of protein for grams of protein whey is cheaper. fact.  whey is also more anabolic than beef. time and time again studies prove that whey protein results in more growth, gram for gram, than any other source of protein.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 05:45:10 PM »
Single greatest food = Red meat ;D

Whey is great and eggs are great too, but nothing fills you up and fills your muscles out like a nice juicy piece of red meat

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 06:00:01 PM »

best thing: buy a meat grinder and make your own with lean sirloin. 
great idea alex thank u-do u advise any particular ones?
w