Author Topic: LA Lakers - Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers  (Read 286240 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Steve Nash Will Save The LA Lakers
« Reply #2025 on: May 14, 2013, 04:58:38 PM »
  Wow.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2026 on: May 14, 2013, 05:02:36 PM »
Steve

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2027 on: May 14, 2013, 05:06:47 PM »
  I spent 12 on parking and 15 on gas. I do not have a pay pal. I guess the xanax had you sleep to and from LAX. Also, my phone has never been busy. What ever. I do not believe the story. I was the fool. I lost. I am not going to complain about it any more. You have to live with your self. You have to live with karma. It is all on you.
Good job Steve. Don't listen to that lame ass excuse. It was all a prank.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #2028 on: May 14, 2013, 08:00:34 PM »
Good job Steve. Don't listen to that lame ass excuse. It was all a prank.

yes, i have been on getbig all these years to prank arce, that was the goal.

Arce did you park the car and just sit there, it would of been better to park and go to the arrivals gate.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #2029 on: May 14, 2013, 10:25:39 PM »
yes, i have been on getbig all these years to prank arce, that was the goal.

Arce did you park the car and just sit there, it would of been better to park and go to the arrivals gate.

What a lying kunt.

No one gives a flying fuck what you think.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2030 on: May 15, 2013, 05:54:31 PM »
Steve

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2031 on: May 15, 2013, 05:56:16 PM »
What a lying kunt.

No one gives a flying fuck what you think.
HockeyFightFan = Quickerblade = ?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2032 on: May 15, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »
Steve

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2033 on: May 15, 2013, 05:59:29 PM »
Steve

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2034 on: May 15, 2013, 06:01:46 PM »
Steve

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #2035 on: May 15, 2013, 07:46:46 PM »
HockeyFightFan = Quickerblade = ?

Are you really that retarded, or that starved for attention.....

Fucking idiot.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2036 on: May 15, 2013, 07:55:46 PM »
Quickerblade
Getbig V

« Reply #2030 on: May 14, 2013, 04:03:06 PM »
steve. i just arrived back home, i was a LAX i tried calling but couldnt get through. Im not sure why i couldnt get through, i cant remember if i texted you. Im not  that type of dude who will  dishonour you.

how much was airport parking, i will paypal you immediately. this has been a misscommunication. I am your friend steve, let sort this out, if i didnt care i wouldnt reply to you.

I did take sleeping pills and xanax on that flight i dont remember much at all steve, but i owe you for car parking.
Report to moderator     Logged

^

he waits this long to get a hold of me? he could have used any phone on earth to let me know that he landed

none of this makes any sense at all

this is between us arce, a private message is private.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2037 on: May 16, 2013, 02:26:44 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/phil-jackson-compares-michael-jordan-kobe-bryant-book-162512969.html

Phil Jackson compares Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant in new book

"Michael was more charismatic and gregarious than Kobe. He loved hanging out with his teammates and security guards, playing cards, smoking cigars, and joking around," Jackson said [...]

"Kobe is different. He was reserved as a teenager, in part because he was younger than the other players and hadn't developed strong social skills in college. When Kobe first joined the Lakers, he avoided fraternizing with his teammates. But his inclination to keep to himself shifted as he grew older. Increasingly, Kobe put more energy into getting to know the other players, especially when the team was on the road." [...]

"Jordan was also more naturally inclined to let the game come to him and not overplay his hand, whereas Kobe tends to force the action, especially when the game isn't going his way. When his shot is off, Kobe will pound away relentlessly until his luck turns. Michael, on the other hand, would shift his attention to defense or passing or setting screens to help the team win the game."

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2038 on: May 16, 2013, 02:28:43 PM »
  Thank you. I accept your apology. I apologize too.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #2039 on: May 16, 2013, 04:33:39 PM »
  Thank you. I accept your apology. I apologize too.

cmon now lets talk about the NBA. your heart is of Gold.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2040 on: May 16, 2013, 04:41:32 PM »
  Let us go to the NBA Play Offs thread.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #2041 on: July 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1519838-kobe-bryant-loves-everything-about-rajon-rondo-dishes-lakers-celtics-and-more

Kobe is telling Steve Nash to Fuck off..... He wants a Celtic now to Save the Lakers

A CELTIC to SAVE the Lakers

Kobe Bryant is quite the pensive one these days.

The Black Mamba hasn't hesitated to indulge the media's thirst for more Kobe this, and leading into the Los Angeles Lakers' bout against the Boston Celtics presented no exception.

Boston and Los Angeles are two of the most storied foes in NBA history. Regardless of whether the games truly matter or not, the mutual hatred for the other's colors spurs a battle of diligent wills.

But it's not all acrimony between the two. There is also a mutual respect that exists, especially now that both teams are clinging to playoff hopes as a litany of injuries derail their championship aspirations. They can relate to one another.

And Bryant is as crestfallen about the Celtics' arduous journey as he is about the Lakers' (via Jackie MacMullan of ESPNBoston.com):

But Bryant takes no pleasure in the torn ACL suffered by Rajon Rondo or the uncertainty surrounding the futures of two of his most ardent foes, Paul Pierce andKevin Garnett.

"I'm not happy about what's happening to them," Bryant said. "We're all running out of time. So I understand."

Time has become a common topic for the Mamba. At 34 and nearly two decades deep into his professional career, Bryant has danced around the imminence of his retirement on a number of occasions. And it has left us with a more reflective Kobe, a more appreciative Mamba.

One who has taken exception to the supposedly unjust criticism of fellow superstars.

Prior to Los Angeles' games against the Minnesota Timberwolves, Bryant took a stand against critics who believed that Kevin Love was a part of the problem. He scoffed at the notion that the Timberwolves are better off without him.

Just like he derided the notion of the Celtics being better without Rondo:

"You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

"What guard have you seen at his size that will get you 18 assists, 17 boards and 20 points all in one game? That's unheard of. I love that kid. I always make a point of talking to him during All-Star [Weekend]. He's one of my favorites."

"Favorite" isn't a term Bryant tosses around a lot. As someone who has questioned Pau Gasol's work ethic and Dwight Howard's toughness already this season, it's clear his unconditional respect isn't easily earned. But Rondo has it.

Why?

Because in many ways, he's just like Rondo.

Lost in Kobe's defense of Love and Rondo is the parallel that can between drawn between what they're going through (especially Rondo) and what he went through, what he continues to go through.

Countless All-Star selections (15) and five championships later, the Lakers aren't always perceived to be better because of Kobe.

He shoots too much. He doesn't pass enough. He needs to work harder on defense. He's still shooting too much. He's working too hard on defense. He shoots too much still.

Those are genres of criticism Bryant is subject to in every game of every season. Almost 20 years into his NBA tenure, they haven't gone anywhere.

Color Kobe a fan of Rondo, Garnett and Pierce. Just not of the colors they where.

Still, despite the continuous turmoil and what has, at times, bordered on implosion, Kobe maintains his devotion to the Lakers, his faith in these Lakers, above all else:

I'd take the Lakers, for sure. Honestly, I like where we are. I like the pieces we have. We're still a pretty big team. If we get our guys healthy, I think we can make a significant run at it.

So I'll take my guys.

Coming from Bryant, those sentiments mean everything. Not because he's obligated to display his allegiances and not because he'd be crucified for saying anything else, but because he means it.

Save for toiling with the psyche of the opposition, everything Kobe does, everything he says is calculated. His spoken belief is not artificial, but genuine. Again, he remains committed to Los Angeles in every possible capacity.

And on some level, it's been that way since before he was even a Laker:

Kobe actually had some brief exposure to the "Celtics way" in 1996 when he worked out for Boston prior to the NBA draft. When Bryant's handlers told him the Celtics, who held the sixth pick, wanted him to come in, the 17-year-old high school kid flatly refused.

"They said, 'What do you mean no?"' Kobe said. "I was such a Lakers fan and I just hated the Celtics. They said, 'C'mon now, you have to do this.' So I asked them, 'But do I have to wear all that green stuff?"'

Kobe did have to wear "all that green stuff," during his pre-draft workout in Boston and even now, almost 20 years later, it's almost unsettling to acknowledge he could have became a Celtic.

But he didn't. Boston took Antoine Walker, and Bryant was then drafted by the then Charlotte Hornets and traded to the Lakers.

Five championship rings later, he hasn't looked back. His pundits have. They've questioned his dedication to winning, to his team and his fidelity to anyone but himself. They've tried to portray him as a miscreant, a tactical impostor who is only out to get his.

They've second-guessed the ceiling of Kobe and his team, this team. The Mamba hasn't.

And he has no plans to second-guess the potential of his team now, even as their title hopes continue to dwindle.

He remains adamant about who they truly are and where there headed, not where they currently reside.

And his resilience at this stage is both admirable and unprecedented. Though it has become more arduous a task to "impose his will on the game," Kobe continues to do so. Should he be able to carry, push or "drag" the Lakers to another postseason berth, it would be yet another notch of greatness under the illustrious belt that is his career.

A career that Bryant readily admits (again) is drawing to a close:

"I think about it often," he admitted. "Quite often. I've tried to scrape the plate every year that I've played. I've been going after it every year. So I've got two years left, and I want two more rings."

His contract is up two seasons from now. He will be 35, and Bryant said he's seriously contemplating retirement.

"It could be it," he said. "There's a very high probability. It's been 18 years, man. That's a long, long time."

There's that concept of "time" again. More than 17 years in, "time" has changed Kobe. We've watched him grow from an exuberant teenager to a brash adult to what is now a humble Mamba.

Kobe has changed...to an extent.

While Bryant's persona has changed and though his tactical transformation is an ongoing one, how he approaches the game remains the same.

He embraces the concept of adversity, of every team for themselves on the court. He publicly concedes an affinity for Rondo and all that he does, but he would never shy away from putting him to the floor.

Call him the antithesis of new-school, an advocate of old-school or whatever you like—it's probably wrong. Bryant is a member of his own school, one that continues to evolve but misses how the game once was.

Like Kobe, the game is different, and while he remains hardened to the nuances of its evolution, he can't help but reminisce about how it used to be:

They don't seem to want to talk any trash. I say everything to LeBron. He says nothing back. He just laughs. There's no banter back and forth. I guess it's a generational thing. When I first came into the league, the trash talk was downright cutthroat.

Bryant is seemingly embracing his own alteration while rejecting much of league's. Six-ish months away from turning 35, we don't often perceive Bryant to be old. He's often considered that exuberant youth to brash adult we previously discussed.

This talk of "generational" differences is an eye-opener. His ability to re--structure, transform and change his game to fit his team's mold suggests he embraces the game how it is now.

Bryant will only shrug off this change so much, though. He will be whatever his team's and he'll do so with a smile on his face. But he won't lose that competitive edge, the one that will turn that smile into his now patented death stare.

He won't allow his teammates to become complicit with opposing camaraderie; he won't let them forget that only one team can hoist up the Larry O'Brien Trophy every year.

Bryant won't let his team quit.

To that end, although much about Bryant—like the league—has changed, he will never stop pushing himself or those around him:

We need some urgency. he explained. Dwight has never been in a position where someone has driven him as hard as I have, as hard as this organization has.

It's win a championship or everything is a complete failure. That's just how we do it. And that's foreign to him.

It's "foreign" to a lot of people, a lot of teams. Plenty of organizations are content with just deep playoff runs or even a postseason berth.

Does Kobe still have what it takes to "drag" the Lakers to the playoffs?
Yes No Submit Vote vote to see results

Just not the Lakers or the Celtics, familiarity he takes solace in.

"When you think about it, there aren't many organizations that look at it that way," Bryant said. "There are only two that can really honestly say that's what they live by: Los Angeles and Boston."

And it's been that way since before Kobe's demonstrative career even began.

Maybe not as much about this game has changed, after all.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2042 on: July 03, 2013, 07:43:22 AM »
Isn't Rondo still under contract?  Wouldn't Kobe saying this be considered tampering?

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #2043 on: July 03, 2013, 07:45:50 AM »

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #2044 on: July 03, 2013, 07:49:19 AM »
WOW .... JUST FUCKING WOW

Are the Lakers just that Pathetic NOW ???

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-lakers-bank-dwight-tv-article-1.1388810

Lakers reportedly offer Dwight Howard his own TV show in addition to $118 million contract

The Lakers got their chance to beg Dwight Howard to stay in Los Angeles on Tuesday, offering something more than the $118 million maximum contract that no other team can match.

Anybody want to tune into The Dwight Howard Show?

RELATED: LAKERS TO DWIGHT: STAY IN L.A.!

Reports out of L.A. said that Time Warner Cable and Howard have had “preliminary” talks about Howard having his own TV show. The cable giant is already a business partner with the Lakers, who signed a TV deal in 2012 that could be worth $5 billion over 25 years.

Time Warner had representatives in the Laker delegation that met with Howard for two hours in Beverly Hills. The NBA had no problem with Time Warner being part of the pitch to keep the best free agent of 2013 in L.A. But the league will draw the line if Time Warner tries to offer Howard further compensation, above what the Lakers can offer, in exchange for his signature on a new deal. That would violate league compensation rules.

One report called Time Warner “desperate” for original programming. Giving Howard his own show would seem to confirm that, although it’s guaranteed to get boffo ratings with an appearance from Howard’s former coach in Orlando, Stan Van Gundy. That would fall under the category of must-watch TV.

But the Lakers are desperate, in their own right, to have Howard sign with them on July 10, when signings can begin. They sent GM Mitch Kupchak early Monday morning to have a quick hello with Howard when free agency started. Their meeting Tuesday involved Kupchak, team executive Jim Buss, coach Mike D’Antoni, Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash.

The Lakers like their chances of getting Howard to re-sign because they can add a marquee free agent or two next summer when they’ll have only Nash under contract. LeBron James can opt out of his deal next summer, as can Carmelo Anthony, although neither has hinted about moving on from his current team. Despite the Lakers’ promising future cap situation, it’s a widespread belief among league execs that Howard in the next few days will probably accept Houston’s $88 million offer and leave L.A. That will allow him to join a team where the pressure to win championships is virtually non-existent, compared to what is expected in L.A.

But in Houston, he won’t get his own TV show, either.

FREE THROWS
Earlier Tuesday, the Mavs met for three hours with Howard and are regarded as an outside possibility, only because Howard’s agent, Dan Fegan, and Mavs owner Mark Cuban have a close relationship. But there’s also talk that the Mavs are ready to make a run at ex-Laker center Andrew Bynum. The Mavs will probably be able to land Bynum at a cheaper price than Howard, while also bringing in the point guard they need to help upgrade their shaky roster. Bynum never played for the Sixers last season, due to knee problems, after going to Philly in the Howard deal. The Mavs, who have done nothing to upgrade their roster since winning the title in 2011, might just be desperate enough to take a chance. Their other targets are Josh Smith or Andre Iguodala. . . . The Clippers landed one of the top free-agent perimeter shooters in J.J. Redick, who gets a four-year deal worth around $27 million in a sign-and-trade agreement. Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler go to the Suns from the Clippers, while Reddick’s former team, the Bucks, get two second-round picks. The Clips also get Jared Dudley. . . . As expected, David West agreed to stay in Indiana, for $36 million over three years. West’s strong veteran leadership kept Lance Stephenson in line last season. . . . The Pelicans’ offer to Tyreke Evans, worth upwards of $12 million per season over four years, floored the folks back in Sacramento. The Kings’ new owner, Vivek Ranadive, doesn’t want to match, not with the 2010 Rookie of the Year displaying poor work habits and a lack of drive while making just over $17 million in his first four seasons in Sacramento.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2045 on: July 03, 2013, 08:00:44 AM »
That is so fucking sad.

Now, the money makes sense... I was watching something, I guess ESPN, and they said that the lakers can basically pay him about 30 million more over the next 5 years than anyone else can.

Add to that, he wasn't some dominating player last year and I don't see what the big deal is... let him go somewhere else... Who cares?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2046 on: July 03, 2013, 08:11:38 AM »
Dwight doesn't need a show to distract him further.  he already is a mental midget.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2047 on: July 03, 2013, 09:01:27 AM »
Ginobili coming back for 2 more years

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2048 on: July 03, 2013, 09:45:58 AM »
Ginobili coming back for 2 more years

Glad to hear he is coming back......they could have used him in the finals

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2049 on: July 03, 2013, 09:52:16 AM »
Glad to hear he is coming back......they could have used him in the finals

What are you talking about, he was in the finals, just playing for Miami.