Author Topic: Dallas Mavericks - NBA champions  (Read 37347 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: NBA playoffs
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2011, 12:11:06 PM »
Didn't say that was all I took away from last night.  

Some other thoughts:  Dirk couldn't defend my mother.  The Dallas D still sucks.  Durant will score at will.  Dallas got nearly 50 from Dirk, with some of the most favorable officiating in NBA history, and was still in a tight game.  

Dirk isn't paid $17,000,000+ a year to play defense like Bruce Bowen. That being said, Dirk cannot be defended. As a legit seven footer who shoots 3's, who can block his shot? Especially when he can hit those off-balance jumpers. He's also playing with his back to basket more when the ball is passed to him which makes him even more dangerous instead of just spotting up.

Beach, say what you will but this might be Dallas' year to win it all. They kicked the Lakers ass and made a statement. They have too many veterans with much more playoff experience than the Thunder.

Chicago and the Mavericks in the NBA Finals.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2011, 12:13:24 PM »
Really, to anyone who says the refs gave dallas the game.

A. Youre just mad.

B. You have no idea what youre talking about.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2011, 12:19:37 PM »
Dallas completely controlled the game in the 2nd half. By the 4th quarter the outcome wasnt in question. I think the closest they got was 8, until terry started raining 3's.

Youre talking out of your ass with the officiating and about the mavs defense. Statistically, theyre right there at the top in terms of points allowed in the playoffs.

You just sound like a dallas hater now. Dirk gets reputaiton calls. All stars do. I've never once seen you complain when kobe gets his.

"HEYYYYYYYYYY!!!!"

What does Kobe Bryant have to do with last night's game?  ::)

Did you even watch the game?   ::)  The game was in single digits in the fourth quarter.  OKC won the first the fourth quarters.  The game was not put away till late in the fourth. 

You don't know what the heck you're talking about.  As usual.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2011, 12:23:50 PM »
Dirk isn't paid $17,000,000+ a year to play defense like Bruce Bowen. That being said, Dirk cannot be defended. As a legit seven footer who shoots 3's, who can block his shot? Especially when he can hit those off-balance jumpers. He's also playing with his back to basket more when the ball is passed to him which makes him even more dangerous instead of just spotting up.

Beach, say what you will but this might be Dallas' year to win it all. They kicked the Lakers ass and made a statement. They have too many veterans with much more playoff experience than the Thunder.

Chicago and the Mavericks in the NBA Finals.

Dirk doesn't have to play defense like Bowan.  He just needs to play decent D.  He can't even do that.  

I agree he's very difficult to defend, but scoring nearly 50 points?  Should never happen.  He did play a great game though.  

They'll have to make a believer out of me.  I like Dirk and Kidd, so would be nice to see them win a ring, especially with Kidd coming full circle with Dallas.  (I remember when they called Kidd "ayson," because he has no "J."  :))  But I'm not there yet.  

A perimeter team that doesn't defend well will have trouble winning a championship.  It would take about six or seven games where they hit about 20 three pointers like they did against LA in game 4.  I doubt that happens.  

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2011, 12:25:51 PM »
What does Kobe Bryant have to do with last night's game?  ::)

Did you even watch the game?   ::)  The game was in single digits in the fourth quarter.  OKC won the first the fourth quarters.  The game was not put away till late in the fourth. 

You don't know what the heck you're talking about.  As usual.   :)

You want to bitch about dirk getting calls. You have absolutely nothing to say when kobe gets the same treatment. Its called a double standard. And it relates to last nights game because you and me are discussing it.

And now we're not.

Just sit this one out, ok champ?  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2011, 12:26:51 PM »
You want to bitch about dirk getting calls. You have absolutely nothing to say when kobe gets the same treatment. Its called a double standard. And it relates to last nights game because you and me are discussing it.

And now we're not.

Just sit this one out, ok champ?  :)

Bwahahahaha!  Dude you have Earl-like knowledge of the NBA.  But you keep trying.   :) 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2011, 12:29:47 PM »
And here come the attacks. Youre very predictable.

And the FT stats from last nights game....drum roll..

DAL 36

OKC 43

Preferential treatment guys! LOL!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2011, 12:38:54 PM »
And here come the attacks. Youre very predictable.

And the FT stats from last nights game....drum roll..

DAL 36

OKC 43

Preferential treatment guys! LOL!!

Well that's an improvement.  You actually looked at statistics instead of pulling something out of your rear end. Bravo.   :)

Dirk shot 24 FTs.  He was fouled nearly every time he made a move to the basket.  Anyone who has watched the NBA for a while could see the refs would going to put him on the line whenever he wanted. 

Durant shot 19 FTs, which means they were calling a tight game.  But 24 FTs by someone like Dirk is ridiculous.   

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2011, 12:54:37 PM »
dirk shot a handfull of FT's from defense three second fouls and garbage time fouls.

if you watched the game you'd know this.

he didnt get 24 FT's from backing down ibaka and collison.

but hey, if you want to think he got preferential treatment be my guest.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2011, 01:11:32 PM »
dirk shot a handfull of FT's from defense three second fouls and garbage time fouls.

if you watched the game you'd know this.

he didnt get 24 FT's from backing down ibaka and collison.

but hey, if you want to think he got preferential treatment be my guest.

Dirk got a plethora of touch fouls.  If you watched and understood the game, you'd know this. 

The officiating was absurd.  They need to let those boys play.  Nobody wants to see the game decided by a parade of free throws. 

If you look at his free throw production in these playoffs, it's pretty clear that he doesn't get to the line that much.  Here are his attempts/makes:

vs. LA
2-2
4-4
4-5
5-5
vs. Portland
13-13
15-17
4-7
4-4
9-11
11-11

What this shows is he can get to the line, but he doesn't shoot 20+ free throws in a game. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2011, 01:25:31 PM »
Did you just completely ignore what i said? He didnt get 24 FT attempts from strictly backing guys down. There were a handful, at least five FT attempts from technica fouls and garbage time fouls.

He had 19 FT attempts from personal fouls.

for good measure, here are some of his past FT stats from previous playoff series where there were at least 15+ attempts

18 FTA against SAS in 01.
16 FTA against MIN in 02.
17 FTA against SAS in 03.
24 FTA against SAS in 06.
15 FTA against SAS in 06.
16 FTA against SAS in 06.
18 FTA against PHO in 06.
15 FTA against GS in 07.
15 FTA against NO in 08.
15 FTA against DEN in 09.
17 FTA against DEN in 09.
17 FTA against POR this year

What else would you like?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »
Did you just completely ignore what i said? He didnt get 24 FT attempts from strictly backing guys down. There were a handful, at least five FT attempts from technica fouls and garbage time fouls.

He had 19 FT attempts from personal fouls.

for good measure, here are some of his past FT stats from previous playoff series where there were at least 15+ attempts

18 FTA against SAS in 01.
16 FTA against MIN in 02.
17 FTA against SAS in 03.
24 FTA against SAS in 06.
15 FTA against SAS in 06.
16 FTA against SAS in 06.
18 FTA against PHO in 06.
15 FTA against GS in 07.
15 FTA against NO in 08.
15 FTA against DEN in 09.
17 FTA against DEN in 09.
17 FTA against POR this year

What else would you like?

This proves my point.  The last time he shot more than 20 FTs in a game was five years ago.  ::)  His 24 FTs is an anomaly.  That's not his game.  He's not Kevin Durant, who always gets to the line.  A better barometer is what I gave you:  his FTs in these playoffs.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2011, 02:23:42 PM »
Also, he shot 16 FTs in the entire 4-game series vs. LA. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2011, 02:38:14 PM »
This proves my point.  The last time he shot more than 20 FTs in a game was five years ago.  ::)  His 24 FTs is an anomaly.  That's not his game.  He's not Kevin Durant, who always gets to the line.  A better barometer is what I gave you:  his FTs in these playoffs.    

dude...youre playing semantics and are ignoring points to fit your argument.

A. He did not shoot all 24 FT from being fouled on a contested play. He shot 5 FT from technical fouls and garbage time fouls, I.E. to stop the clock. Do you understand there difference?

B. Why are you using 20 FTA as a barometer? So what if he had 20+ attempts 5 years ago. He had 17 FTA this year alone against portland. Youre overstating a few FT attempts to fit your argument. 20,17,19,16 - its a lot of freethrow attempts period. And thats why i spoonfed you those stats. But it went right over your head.

You should know if youve been paying attention, dirk is a more diverse player than he used to be. He had 4 dunks last night. Dont give me this crap about since hes not a slasher he shouldnt get to the line. Hes a top 5 player in the league. Teams are fixated on him. Hes going to see free throw attempts.

You have a clear bias against dallas. For what i dont know nor care.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2011, 02:43:23 PM »
Also, he shot 16 FTs in the entire 4-game series vs. LA. 

THIS, is an anomaly.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2011, 03:07:30 PM »
dude...youre playing semantics and are ignoring points to fit your argument.

A. He did not shoot all 24 FT from being fouled on a contested play. He shot 5 FT from technical fouls and garbage time fouls, I.E. to stop the clock. Do you understand there difference?

B. Why are you using 20 FTA as a barometer? So what if he had 20+ attempts 5 years ago. He had 17 FTA this year alone against portland. Youre overstating a few FT attempts to fit your argument. 20,17,19,16 - its a lot of freethrow attempts period. And thats why i spoonfed you those stats. But it went right over your head.

You should know if youve been paying attention, dirk is a more diverse player than he used to be. He had 4 dunks last night. Dont give me this crap about since hes not a slasher he shouldnt get to the line. Hes a top 5 player in the league. Teams are fixated on him. Hes going to see free throw attempts.

You have a clear bias against dallas. For what i dont know nor care.

Who cares if he shot 3 technical free throws?  And who cares about "garbage time" free throws?  The fact is he was fouled nearly every time he went to the hole, for the entire game.    

You posted stats from a handful of games going back ten years. lol.  Are you freakin kidding me?  Dirk averages 6.5 free throw attempts per game for his career.  He averaged 6.1 attempts this past season.  That's the measuring stick, along with his performance in these playoffs.  

You're giving me free throw attempts from a game in 2001??   ::)

Dirk is still Dirk.  He has always been one of the best scorers in the league.  That hasn't changed.  

His 24 FTs (without a miss) were more than anyone in NBA history.  Any knowledgeable sports fan, who follows the NBA, can see that what happened yesterday, was far above the norm.

I will try and help educate you, but you have to be willing to learn.  :)  

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »
Who cares if he shot 3 technical free throws?  And who cares about "garbage time" free throws?  The fact is he was fouled nearly every time he went to the hole, for the entire game.    

You posted stats from a handful of games going back ten years. lol.  Are you freakin kidding me?  Dirk averages 6.5 free throw attempts per game for his career.  He averaged 6.1 attempts this past season.  That's the measuring stick, along with his performance in these playoffs.  

You're giving me free throw attempts from a game in 2001??   ::)

Dirk is still Dirk.  He has always been one of the best scorers in the league.  That hasn't changed.  

His 24 FTs (without a miss) were more than anyone in NBA history.  Any knowledgeable sports fan, who follows the NBA, can see that what happened yesterday, was far above the norm.

Your argument is nothing but conjecture.

He did not get a call every time he touched the ball.  Jesus christ.  ::)

Arguing with you is like arguing with a 7 yea old kid with his fingers in his ear screaming "NA NA NA CANT HEAR YOU".

Yes, I gave you stats from ten years ago because you seem to think hes never gotten to the line in high volume. Those were instances, and quite a few where he shot a high number of FT. I'll ask you again. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?

Dirk averages 6 FTA per game during his career. Cool stat man. Your is point that he is not kevin durant, thats not dirk's game, he does not get to the stripe often right.??

Kevin durant gets to the line 8 times a game in his career. HOLY SHIT RIGHT?? A GRAND TOTAL OF TWO MORE ATTEMPTS PER GAME THAN DIRK.

Let this be the last time I have to utter these words. Dirk does not rely on being a set shooter. Or shooting fade-aways. He actually takes the ball to the cup. He is a top 5 player in the league, teams gameplan soley on him. He will get to the line often.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2011, 03:42:10 PM »

LOL. Bless your heart.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2011, 03:48:36 PM »

Your argument is nothing but conjecture.

He did not get a call every time he touched the ball.  Jesus christ.  ::)

Arguing with you is like arguing with a 7 yea old kid with his fingers in his ear screaming "NA NA NA CANT HEAR YOU".

Yes, I gave you stats from ten years ago because you seem to think hes never gotten to the line in high volume. Those were instances, and quite a few where he shot a high number of FT. I'll ask you again. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?

Dirk averages 6 FTA per game during his career. Cool stat man. Your is point that he is not kevin durant, thats not dirk's game, he does not get to the stripe often right.??

Kevin durant gets to the line 8 times a game in his career. HOLY SHIT RIGHT?? A GRAND TOTAL OF TWO MORE ATTEMPTS PER GAME THAN DIRK.

Let this be the last time I have to utter these words. Dirk does not rely on being a set shooter. Or shooting fade-aways. He actually takes the ball to the cup. He is a top 5 player in the league, teams gameplan soley on him. He will get to the line often.

What I've said is based on the numbers.  The numbers I provided are reliable.  Yours are ridiculously irrelevant.  You don't determine a trend by looking at a handful of games from years past, including one game from ten years ago.  You determine a trend by looking at series, season, and career averages.  I understand you don't want to look at it objectively, for whatever reason, but that's the way a sound analysis is done when you're looking at sports performances.

You're not making sense.  No one is saying Dirk isn't a great offensive player.  The issue is how he scores.  He is primarily a perimeter player.  His game does not center around getting to the line.  He's not a banger.  He's not a particularly tough player.  The fact a perimeter player shoots 24 FTs, when his career average is about 6 attempts per game, would tell a reasonable person that 24 FTs is simply crazy.

But this horse is about dead. :)    

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #169 on: May 18, 2011, 04:12:56 PM »
What I've said is based on the numbers.  

Yeah?

The fact is he was fouled nearly every time he went to the hole, for the entire game.    

LOL!!!

again, conjecture.

The numbers I provided are reliable.  Yours are ridiculously irrelevant.  You don't determine a trend by looking at a handful of games from years past, including one game from ten years ago.  You determine a trend by looking at series, season, and career averages.

I gave you those stats as an example of when dirk shot a high volume of FT since you seem to think it was an anomaly and never done before.

Those were ONLY 15+ attempts and ONLY during the playoffs. I can list the regular season ones till kingdom come if you want. Although that would mean digger yourself a deeper hole than the on you're already in.

I understand you don't want to look at it objectively, for whatever reason, but that's the way a sound analysis is done when you're looking at sports performances.

Rofl. Resorting to innuendo now? Cut the shit.

I got your "objectivity" and "sound analysis" right here.

The fact is he was fouled nearly every time he went to the hole, for the entire game.    

But nice try.

You're not making sense.  No one is saying Dirk isn't a great offensive player.  The issue is how he scores.  He is primarily a perimeter player.  His game does not center around getting to the line.  He's not a banger.  He's not a particularly tough player.  The fact a perimeter player shoots 24 FTs, when his career average is about 6 attempts per game, would tell a reasonable person that 24 FTs is simply crazy.

He's a top 5 player and former MVP. Hes gonna see double teams, triple teams. There's going to be a lot of activity where ever he is on the court. Especially during the postseason, and in turn, a lot of fouling.

But this horse is about dead. :)  

Hardly. I got all night to bury you.

I expect a few grumpy old man quips about spots knowledge and a few smiley faces to follow.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2011, 08:16:48 PM »
It's not a series till the home team loses.  We got a series.  Two-and-a-half man team does it again. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2011, 08:33:28 AM »
The Heat won because of Udonis Haslem. He was playing on full adrenaline last night because I still don't think he has his legs under him yet. With Haslem, the Heat have far more balance as a complete team.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2011, 11:07:27 AM »
The Heat won because of Udonis Haslem. He was playing on full adrenaline last night because I still don't think he has his legs under him yet. With Haslem, the Heat have far more balance as a complete team.

I think it was a combination of Haslem and LeBron locking up Rose. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2011, 11:10:06 AM »
the bulls looked uninterested by the 4th quarter. Intensity was down.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2011, 11:08:04 AM »
Stern must have sent a memo to the officiating crew for game 2.   :)

Will be interested to see how Westbrook responds after riding the pine for the entire fourth quarter.