Author Topic: Dex was robbed !  (Read 6296 times)

MattT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Sponsored by: PVL Sports Nutrition
Re: Dex was robbed !
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 02:38:36 PM »
I come back here after a long break in the mountains of china, only to find that bodybuilding has once again threw away all credibility.

Tell me, how the jaw 'wide waist' gutler get 1st ahead of dexter? not to mention branch 'frankenstein' warren beating him too for that matter.

yes, jay improved his titanic like waterlogged condition of previous years, but it still wasn't anywhere near dexters level. Jay beats him on mass and height, nothing else. Also if you photoshopped dexter to jays height i guarentee that dex holds more mass per inch than jaw gutler. While still maintaining his slim waist, symetry, conditioning, seperation.  8)

However i can accept that if mass and height are classed as more important that all these other things by the judges ( which is not bodybuilding) then yes jaw gutler should have won over dexter.

Now onto branch  >:(

This guy is hard working, has tons of mass, a heart of a lion, a never say die attitude, and possibly the best conditioning of anyone around right now including dexter. What he does not have is arms, symetry, seperation, a pleasing physique or the title of best physique in the world. He has a torn right lat, his arms are horrendous, and his body parts have no flow, and despite his great conditioning. He looks like he is made from a collection of different peoples bodyparts.

great post agree 100%, but some people like blocky waists i guess ::)

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 02:50:51 PM »
Jay was the only one with sufficiently striated glutes, so he has my vote. 8)

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 02:51:23 PM »
FatPanda, you should stick to what you do best at... I'll take a #3 extra spicy and a side of beef fried rice... thanks!

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2009, 02:59:03 PM »
The blade has been looking the same the past 8 years which means that he was robbed for the past how many o's?

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2009, 03:18:07 PM »
great post agree 100%, but some people like blocky waists i guess ::)

you gotta be kidding, dex is a child compared to the monsters up there, go to the 202 class kiddo, that is where dex belongs maybe he can win some there.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2009, 03:18:53 PM »
you gotta be kidding, dex is a child compared to the monsters up there, go to the 202 class kiddo, that is where dex belongs maybe he can win some there.

jt

Haha maybe he can win some of those  8)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2009, 03:30:07 PM »
From the waist down, branch DESTROYS Dexter- no debate.

Branch has a better, thicker chest.

Branch's conditioning was far superior to Dex.

His ab and thigh shot is one of the best out there, as are his side chest and side tri. He looks great in certain poses, and brings awesome conditioning.  Dex only brings a bad attitude and tiger sculptures.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »
I come back here after a long break in the mountains of china, only to find that bodybuilding has once again threw away all credibility.

Tell me, how the jaw 'wide waist' gutler get 1st ahead of dexter? not to mention branch 'frankenstein' warren beating him too for that matter.

yes, jay improved his titanic like waterlogged condition of previous years, but it still wasn't anywhere near dexters level. Jay beats him on mass and height, nothing else. Also if you photoshopped dexter to jays height i guarentee that dex holds more mass per inch than jaw gutler. While still maintaining his slim waist, symetry, conditioning, seperation.  8)

However i can accept that if mass and height are classed as more important that all these other things by the judges ( which is not bodybuilding) then yes jaw gutler should have won over dexter.

This guy is hard working, has tons of mass, a heart of a lion, a never say die attitude, and possibly the best conditioning of anyone around right now including dexter. What he does not have is arms, symetry, seperation, a pleasing physique or the title of best physique in the world. He has a torn right lat, his arms are horrendous, and his body parts have no flow, and despite his great conditioning. He looks like he is made from a collection of different peoples bodyparts.

I agree also.

Dex has the best bod going around right now..perhaps ever.

his lines and symmetry and proportions are exquisite.

how the ugly lumps of muscle can even be judged close is beyond me.

i cant think of anyone in the TOP 10 that has a visually appealing physique..let alone ones that can be awarded as better than Dex's.

yes, BB is complete Bullshit.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2009, 04:07:36 PM »
I agree also.

Dex has the best bod going around right now..perhaps ever.

his lines and symmetry and proportions are exquisite.

how the ugly lumps of muscle can even be judged close is beyond me.i cant think of anyone in the TOP 10 that has a visually appealing physique..let alone ones that can be awarded as better than Dex's.

yes, BB is complete Bullshit.

If you give people shit long enough, they start to like Shit. Kinda like the The Big Three Principle---without the Japanese.

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2009, 04:56:44 PM »
If Branch gets second based on conditioning, then Rockel should have been third.

The results should have been:

1. Jay
2. Dexter
3.... Whoever you want.

XXXII/LX

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • I have to return some video tapes.
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2009, 05:24:09 PM »

Good post. 

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2009, 05:26:22 PM »
I wish dex would add 15-20lbs and see what he looks like.

erics

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2009, 05:28:02 PM »
The blade has been looking the same the past 8 years which means that he was robbed for the past how many o's?

If someone falls, Dexter is there to pick up the pieces. The only time he has been able to do so was in 2008 but he did it, desreved it and now the show goes on.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2009, 05:38:20 PM »

I totally agree with you about branch my friend, it was a joke to place him 2nd.. he shouldn’t have been in the top 6!!..

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2009, 05:47:27 PM »
I totally agree with you about branch my friend, it was a joke to place him 2nd.. he shouldn’t have been in the top 6!!..

At that level it's so damn close that little things can really make the difference. I think it was Branch's boyish good looks that put him over the top. The ears are just gravy.

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2009, 05:54:21 PM »
At that level it's so damn close that little things can really make the difference. I think it was Branch's boyish good looks that put him over the top. The ears are just gravy.

Are you trying to say that if branch sits down next to a family, nine out of ten times the kids start crying?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2009, 05:56:31 PM »
Dex only won last year cause Jay didn't look the way he did this year or in 2006. Glad he's no longer Mr Olympia - no personality or charisma whatsover and too small & short to be a Mr Olympia.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2009, 05:56:48 PM »
now this pic of jay and dex says it all regarding his beating of dex , how can this fridge ever ever ever beat dexter with a waist like that ::)

Holy shit! I missed this pic. Great find, FP. I'm saving this to my disk as a prime example of how dominating Jay was that night. He makes Dex look like a little boy. Look at the width of that White bastard! One of Jay's quads alone can practically block out the entire body of Dexter.

Just destroyed everybody.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2009, 06:03:34 PM »
Are you trying to say that if branch sits down next to a family, nine out of ten times the kids start crying?

I'm saying that given the choice of looking like a metro pretty boy or an absolute beast that sends the fear of God on all who dare cast their gaze upon me I'd take Branch any day.

If our President looked like that the Muslim dogs would suicide themselves en masse.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2009, 06:04:47 PM »
 :) so at least all of the intelligent sensible getbiggers that actually understand how bodybuilding is judged agree with me.

another comparison:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha what were those judges smoking  ???
175lbs by 31st July

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2009, 06:05:25 PM »
Dex only won last year cause Jay didn't look the way he did this year or in 2006. Glad he's no longer Mr Olympia - no personality or charisma whatsover and too small & short to be a Mr Olympia.

you may be right about his lack of charisma but this should not be counted when judging!!..

anyway since 2001 dex never beat an ON jay so I expected jay to beat him (as most of the ppl here did) as soon as I noticed jay was clearly on.. it was like another dorian/shawn ray comparison.. this tells you too how better the guys of the 90s were, just compare jay to dorian and dex to ray!!..

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2009, 06:07:07 PM »
whos that fat waterlogged guy with zero conditioning  ::)

Hah! The cuts on Jay's quads alone are deep enough to plant enough grain to feed half the continent of Africa.

Not that you'd ever want to. I'm just saying.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2009, 06:08:56 PM »
jay is hardly arnold or nasser either though  ;D

i have never managed to sit through and endure a jay video from start to finish, they all are boring as hell.

dexters was too though, but he's only had 3, jay has had 5/6 ? with all being a cure for insomnia.
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2009, 06:09:45 PM »
Hah! The cuts on Jay's quads alone are deep enough to plant enough grain to feed half the continent of Africa.

Not that you'd ever want to. I'm just saying.

::) pity about his back though.
175lbs by 31st July

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2009, 06:11:12 PM »
:) so at least all of the intelligent sensible getbiggers that actually understand how bodybuilding is judged agree with me.

another comparison:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha what were those judges smoking  ???

"Douche bag says what?"