Author Topic: I didn't realize that Chris Aceto was Muslim  (Read 14746 times)

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: I didn't realize that Chris Aceto was Muslim
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2016, 06:10:43 PM »
Family, friends, society/police?

Conscience?

What binds us to family? Friends?

Do you see animal life forming lifelong bonds with their cousins and siblings? No.

Without an intangible feeling of connectivity between beings a family is just genetically similar beings from the same lineage. Nothing spiritual or special about that.

If there is no creator, and we are all on this planet by accident, love is not real. Love was not created from a Big Bang. It must be a placebo feeling, making people want to breed and nothing more.

The idea of a creator is very simple to me, much more simple to grasp than grand coincidence and nothing else.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2016, 06:25:09 PM »
What binds us to family? Friends?

Do you see animal life forming lifelong bonds with their cousins and siblings? No.

Without an intangible feeling of connectivity between beings a family is just genetically similar beings from the same lineage. Nothing spiritual or special about that.

If there is no creator, and we are all on this planet by accident, love is not real. Love was not created from a Big Bang. It must be a placebo feeling, making people want to breed and nothing more.

The idea of a creator is very simple to me, much more simple to grasp than grand coincidence and nothing else.

Love can be explained, like all emotions, through evolution. Started out as a survival instinct, most likely. Keep in mind, science proffers a MUCH longer timeline than theology; "love" was probably inevitable.

And the more intelligent/social animals absolutely form bonds - look into chimpanzees/high primates and dolphins/orcas for reference. The creator idea is only simple when you don't consider it critically; none put forth so far make a damn bit of sense.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2016, 06:39:55 PM »
Aceto a muslim

isn't Aceto a homosexual with a beard wife Laura Creavalle?

he will be stoned to death by his muslim brothers in shah allah

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2016, 06:52:29 PM »
If there is no higher power, why should we conduct ourselves in a civil manner? There is no one to answer to.

Morality without a higher power is useless to me. What is good or bad? Man made revelations if nothing else.

Rape, pillage, cheat on your taxes etc etc if there is no grand accountability.

Most people that commit crimes are god believing, the stats in prisons back it up. What stops others is the consequences of breaking laws. The rest are genuinely good and know it's self evident, they wouldn't want it done to themselves.

Maybe some people need a god to behave themselves. But then what does that really say about yourself, that you're inherently evil? If so, why would a god want to associate with you in the first place?  I think we are better than that.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2016, 06:55:28 PM »
Most people that commit crimes are god believing, the stats in prisons back it up. What stops others is the consequences of breaking laws. The rest are genuinely good and know it's self evident, they wouldn't want it done to themselves.

Maybe some people need a god to behave themselves. But then what does that really say about yourself, that you're inherently evil? If so, why would a god want to associate with you in the first place?  I think we are better than that.

Well, Christian God expects this. He created a faulty product, read Genesis. Some free-willing chick ate a piece of fruit.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2016, 07:10:31 PM »
Well, Christian God expects this. He created a faulty product, read Genesis. Some free-willing chick ate a piece of fruit.

Yeah I know that story very well. He puts this tree in the middle of the garden with a talking serpent, not instigating or taking any accountability.  ;D

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2016, 07:29:15 PM »

I was just inferring that good and evil are both man-made ideologies without a presence of a higher power.

Most people in prison that find themselves "all of the sudden" religious are finally sober and remorseful for their  actions.

I don't think people are inherently evil, I do think they are mostly neutral.   

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2016, 08:19:44 PM »
If there is no higher power, why should we conduct ourselves in a civil manner? There is no one to answer to.

Morality without a higher power is useless to me. What is good or bad? Man made revelations if nothing else.

Rape, pillage, cheat on your taxes etc etc if there is no grand accountability.

Decency is its own reward.

If you require a god to behave decently, than you're simply a garbage individual.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2016, 08:35:33 PM »

If you require a god to behave decently, than you're simply a garbage individual.

I agree. I hold myself to my own personal standard. No one else's.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2016, 08:37:27 PM »

No I get that. We are going in circles.

What gives someone the inner drive to be a decent person. If it was pure biological I assume the standard behavior would be to steal, cheat, kill etc. in the name of self advancement. On paper that makes the most sense. Giving the shirt off your back to a perfect stranger is the opposite of survival from a biological stance. What creates the urge to do the right thing?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2016, 02:26:23 AM »
Most people that commit crimes are god believing, the stats in prisons back it up.

But are they religious at the time of committing the crime or do they become religious once in prison?
Prisons tend to have a strong evangelist movement within them.