Author Topic: Ben Pakulski Blog - 10 weeks out from the Flex Pro  (Read 5140 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Ben Pakulski Blog - 10 weeks out from the Flex Pro
« on: December 14, 2010, 11:07:37 AM »
http://blog.flexonline.com/ben_pakulski/

December 13, 2010

It’s 10 weeks out from the first contest of the 2011 season, the FLEX Pro!! This has been the best week of training yet. Every workout was pushing new limits. My strength continues to go up, and Charles Glass and I are really seeing eye to eye on every aspect of every workout. Loving it!

I am particularly seeing great benefits in my bicep training and my overall back development. The man is truly the master when it comes to finding what needs to be corrected and finding the right exercises and angles to do it.

The one thing I enjoyed about this week was the meshing together of the “Glass Style” workouts and the “Pak Style” workouts. Nothing is more rewarding to me than leaving that gym knowing that I got my ass kicked and am primed for growth!

Current training split:

Day 1- am: back
pm: hamstrings
Day 2- am: Chest
pm : Biceps
Day 3- Quads
Day 4- Shoulders
Day 5- Back (and hamstrings at night every other week)
Day 6-Arms

Depending on the week, I may do 6 days in a row. Some weeks I may take a day off in the middle (after legs), depending on how I feel. If I do take the day off mid week, arms would then come after the off day and shoulders get pushed back.

That’s it for now, time to eat and grow!

Ben Pakulski

----------------

December 09, 2010

Here we sit, just less than 11 weeks from the FLEX Pro. My first blog entry leading into the show, so an update as to what has gone on leading up to this point is in order.

I am currently living in the LA area and train 6 days a week in Gold’s Venice with Charles Glass. It is definitely a lot of change from my normal style of training and normal routine. Every year to this point, I have done my prep in the familiarity of my hometown of Toronto. Bodybuilding and anything in life is about learning so we will see how everything turns out in the end.

I know that I’m very focused, working hard, and definitely much bigger than I have ever been. I am in better condition and my waist is smaller than I had going into the show last year in NY (2010 NY Pro). My goal for this year is to be better; more complete and balanced. Not just the typical “bigger” that most guys strive for. Many of you know that I have always been an advocate of high volume training, but Charles Glass, does not share my belief. My volume has been greatly diminished and weights are staying much heavier. Maybe, that is what I can attribute being 310lbs and this lean at this point in my prep. Time will tell. I’m not typically one to throw around numbers so I will not get into that here. I’m looking to bring an improved V taper and largely improved overall package to the stage Feb 19.

I look forward to competing with whoever may show up at the show. I hope everyone is working hard. It’s going to be a great year!

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute or an hour or a day or a year, but eventually it will subside and something will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever” Lance Armstrong.

Ben Pakulski

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Ben Pakulski Blog - 10 weeks out from the Flex Pro
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 11:40:42 AM »
One of the guys that look better when dieting for a show...("growing" to a show)

vitamin J

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 11:42:47 AM »
Bpak will win the Flex pro hands down

The guys work ethic is retarded.. nobody trains that hard

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 02:10:29 PM »
"My strength continues to go up" hint "Weights are much heavier" hint, hint ;D PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD right there in action baby! 8)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 02:11:14 PM »
Glad to see he is being hyped up, he needs it, he should be placing higher at shows.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 02:11:41 PM »
http://blog.flexonline.com/ben_pakulski/

December 13, 2010

It’s 10 weeks out from the first contest of the 2011 season, the FLEX Pro!! This has been the best week of training yet. Every workout was pushing new limits. My strength continues to go up, and Charles Glass and I are really seeing eye to eye on every aspect of every workout. Loving it!

I am particularly seeing great benefits in my bicep training and my overall back development. The man is truly the master when it comes to finding what needs to be corrected and finding the right exercises and angles to do it.

The one thing I enjoyed about this week was the meshing together of the “Glass Style” workouts and the “Pak Style” workouts. Nothing is more rewarding to me than leaving that gym knowing that I got my ass kicked and am primed for growth!

Current training split:

Day 1- am: back
pm: hamstrings
Day 2- am: Chest
pm : Biceps
Day 3- Quads
Day 4- Shoulders
Day 5- Back (and hamstrings at night every other week)
Day 6-Arms

Depending on the week, I may do 6 days in a row. Some weeks I may take a day off in the middle (after legs), depending on how I feel. If I do take the day off mid week, arms would then come after the off day and shoulders get pushed back.

That’s it for now, time to eat and grow!

Ben Pakulski

----------------

December 09, 2010

Here we sit, just less than 11 weeks from the FLEX Pro. My first blog entry leading into the show, so an update as to what has gone on leading up to this point is in order.

I am currently living in the LA area and train 6 days a week in Gold’s Venice with Charles Glass. It is definitely a lot of change from my normal style of training and normal routine. Every year to this point, I have done my prep in the familiarity of my hometown of Toronto. Bodybuilding and anything in life is about learning so we will see how everything turns out in the end.

I know that I’m very focused, working hard, and definitely much bigger than I have ever been. I am in better condition and my waist is smaller than I had going into the show last year in NY (2010 NY Pro). My goal for this year is to be better; more complete and balanced. Not just the typical “bigger” that most guys strive for. Many of you know that I have always been an advocate of high volume training, but Charles Glass, does not share my belief. My volume has been greatly diminished and weights are staying much heavier. Maybe, that is what I can attribute being 310lbs and this lean at this point in my prep. Time will tell. I’m not typically one to throw around numbers so I will not get into that here. I’m looking to bring an improved V taper and largely improved overall package to the stage Feb 19.

I look forward to competing with whoever may show up at the show. I hope everyone is working hard. It’s going to be a great year!

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute or an hour or a day or a year, but eventually it will subside and something will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever” Lance Armstrong.

i upped the dose and am growing like a weed.

Ben Pakulski

fixed.
b

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 02:56:14 PM »
I like this guy, hope he places as he deserves from now on

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 03:02:05 PM »
fixed.

He doesn't do that much, just quality :)

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 03:25:14 PM »
pics?

vitamin J

• Getbig II

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 09:05:47 PM »
holy shit, looks crazy from the back

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 09:16:30 PM »
here he is at 253lb in 2007

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 09:16:56 PM »
Elroy Jetson looking huge there

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 07:26:54 AM »

Who's the huge senior citizen on the right?  :D
Great midsection.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 07:42:27 AM »

Hey dude where are your blue stars !??

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 08:38:36 AM »
Hey dude where are your blue stars !??

what are those? something you get when your girl doesn't put out? haha

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 10:52:41 AM »
wow a guy that big with super great proportion ,,i must say never heard of him b4..i will watch now!!  love to see big guys with the still ungrowthguts

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 07:47:50 PM »
ben has some great potential, his body is super aesthetic..

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 07:53:55 PM »
Bpak will win the Flex pro hands down

The guys work ethic is retarded.. nobody trains that hard

He won't beat Fouad let alone Dexter

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 08:37:38 PM »