Author Topic: Anyone Knows 240 or Bust?...  (Read 11373 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: Anyone Knows 240 or Bust?...
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2005, 05:52:04 PM »
so your saying you could back then squat 405 for 20?

come correct. put the haters to sleep...

we're waiting.
b

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2005, 06:22:19 PM »
If someone squats 400 for 20 reps after only one year of serious squatting, wouldn't you consider that person to be one genetic freak?

YIP
Zack

hell yes...
grundle has no sack,

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005, 07:24:54 AM »
so your saying you could back then squat 405 for 20?

come correct. put the haters to sleep...

we're waiting.

Bump for giving us the numbers again 240!!

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

manuclear

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2005, 11:57:50 AM »
Just to stir the pot, I saw this posted earlier, and thought it was a nice basis for comparison:

http://www.marunde-muscle.com/videos/407x20.mpg

At 300 lb, Jesse Marunde is one of the most athletic strongmen in the U.S., and this video shows the significance of a person claiming 405 x 20.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2005, 05:52:24 PM »
yea, agreed with hedgehog. 400 lbs for 20 reps is ridiculous.
  :o

If its the same guy in the pictures his neck would break, traps crumble, spine crushed if he could even manage to get the weight off the squat rack. Thats like expecting a guy with 9" pipes curling 315 pounds!
The House that Ruth built

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2005, 02:31:21 PM »

If its the same guy in the pictures his neck would break, traps crumble, spine crushed if he could even manage to get the weight off the squat rack. Thats like expecting a guy with 9" pipes curling 315 pounds!

Yes it is the same guy.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

jdoug

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2005, 04:02:59 PM »
hedge you dont smoke any crack before you come on getbig do you  ;D

jdoug

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2005, 04:11:19 PM »
That wasn't funny 65 million years ago, and it's not funny now.

wow 240 or bust another one of your 30 gimmick names on getbig ::)

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2005, 02:25:03 PM »
If Jesse Marunde had a hard time doing 405 for twenty reps, there is no way in hell 240 or bust can or could do it.  Not in this lifetime.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2005, 11:23:38 PM »

Quote from: 240 or bust on June 15, 2005, 07:35:43 PM
Hi Cheap Stomach,

I'm glad you asked. I get asked all the time about my squatting numbers and I'm always happy to help a young fan.

One fateful summer, I got that free rack, a Sports Authority set, and started. I squatted 2 times a week for one heavy set of 20 reps.  Now and then I'd add deads or benching, but most of the time, it was just squats.  I pigged out at the same time- I had just quit teaching and had nothing to do but lift, eat, and play PS2.

By the end of the summer I had gained 30 pounds (most was muscle- i finally filled out) and I was regularly doing 300 pounds to parallel for 20-rep squats, just like the internet article I had read had described. (We've all read that one- and it works!)  It was at this time I joined a gym and started to break weights over 300.

315... 335... 355... the weights went up as my reps begain to dip below 20. I always had a spotter or two, and usually finished without assistance.  Soon I was using 405, with 2 spotters, every other weekend on Sunday, with knee wraps. I got up to 8 or so very sickening reps that first time, and nearly sharted.  Rough day. But I continued on. It got easier as I hit the early 420 and 430s.

Hurricane Charley came shortly thereafter and destroyed my beloved SOS Gym in Pt Charlotte, FL. So, I joined a new gym in the fall. By this time, I was working a ton and attending FT classes. I started doing cardio- for the first time in 2 years- and couldn't run 1/8 mile without stopping. Shinsplints followed. But after a while, the cardio came easier for me.

Today I usually squat without a spotter and typically don't go over 315 for 10 slow safe reps. I don't use wraps, and I don't weigh 220 anymore. I'm at 191 today.  My knees ache most days from the cardio, so I am careful about risking heavy leg work while dieting.

Cheap Stomach, I thank you for your letter. Best wishes in all your endeavors. Also, I feel my placing at the Ironman this year was due to the fact that I am too involved in politics and that I defended my wife's Olympia placing. Peace.

-240 or Bust.

So since when did 240 compete in the Ironman and when did he marry an IFBB womens Olympia level competitor?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2005, 03:23:59 PM »
If Jesse Marunde had a hard time doing 405 for twenty reps, there is no way in hell 240 or bust can or could do it.  Not in this lifetime.

Well...

It's 240's claim.

It's he who always will have to compare his current lifting and physique to the claimed 20 reps with 405 lbs.

He has lately been using a cutting edge protein supplement from Scott Connely (of Met-RX fame), and it would be interesting to know what effects 240 has noticed from the use.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

FallShineWebDesign

• Getbig III
  • Good Stuff.
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2005, 04:00:26 PM »
Well...

It's 240's claim.

It's he who always will have to compare his current lifting and physique to the claimed 20 reps with 405 lbs.

He has lately been using a cutting edge protein supplement from Scott Connely (of Met-RX fame), and it would be interesting to know what effects 240 has noticed from the use.

YIP
Zack

I haven't been sore- at ALL- in two months.

and the squat claims----

I'm glad you asked. I get asked all the time about my squatting numbers and I'm always happy to help a young fan.

One fateful summer, I got that free rack, a Sports Authority set, and started. I squatted 2 times a week for one heavy set of 20 reps.  Now and then I'd add deads or benching, but most of the time, it was just squats.  I pigged out at the same time- I had just quit teaching and had nothing to do but lift, eat, and play PS2.

By the end of the summer I had gained 30 pounds (most was muscle- i finally filled out) and I was regularly doing 300 pounds to parallel for 20-rep squats, just like the internet article I had read had described. (We've all read that one- and it works!)  It was at this time I joined a gym and started to break weights over 300.

315... 335... 355... the weights went up as my reps begain to dip below 20. I always had a spotter or two, and usually finished without assistance.  Soon I was using 405, with 2 spotters, every other weekend on Sunday, with knee wraps. I got up to 8 or so very sickening reps that first time, and nearly sharted.  Rough day. But I continued on. It got easier as I hit the early 420 and 430s.

Hurricane Charley came shortly thereafter and destroyed my beloved SOS Gym in Pt Charlotte, FL. So, I joined a new gym in the fall. By this time, I was working a ton and attending FT classes. I started doing cardio- for the first time in 2 years- and couldn't run 1/8 mile without stopping. Shinsplints followed. But after a while, the cardio came easier for me.

Today I usually squat without a spotter and typically don't go over 315 for 10 slow safe reps. I don't use wraps, and I don't weigh 220 anymore. I'm at 191 today.  My knees ache most days from the cardio, so I am careful about risking heavy leg work while dieting.

jdoug

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2005, 07:17:35 PM »
yeah and your disease just went away all of a sudden ::)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2005, 08:38:43 PM »
 240 has spoken.................. .......
                  "so it hath been written on the 8th day god created ............240!"

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2006, 02:15:40 PM »
keep lifting 240 youll be there before you know it!
LIGHT WIEGHT BUDDAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2006, 07:35:57 PM »
SWEET AVATAR!!

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2006, 11:19:14 AM »
What is this cutting edge super protein you speak off???    Care to elaborate??  Any info would be appreciated. 

Thanx

XS

weedoutheweak

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Kickin' it
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2006, 11:22:51 PM »
I haven't been sore- at ALL- in two months.
and the squat claims----

Wow!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2007, 11:21:27 AM »

[quote from: 240 or bust on June 15, 2005, 07:35:43 PM
Hi Cheap Stomach,

Cheap Stomach, I thank you for your letter. Best wishes in all your endeavors. Also, I feel my placing at the Ironman this year was due to the fact that I am too involved in politics and that I defended my wife's Olympia placing. Peace.

-240 or Bust.

[/quote]

How's the squatting going?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »
damn

digging up old threads

Hedgehog