Author Topic: TRAINING ?? for DISGUSTED  (Read 8522 times)

RIZZ1

• Getbig I
Re: TRAINING ?? for DISGUSTED
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 08:32:58 AM »
Magnum how about training to failure or leaving 1 short of failure?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2014, 08:57:14 AM »
I got in the best shape doing a 3 day split so the same bodypart twice a week but I was also young, full of natural test and not doing much else.  As I got older I settled on one body part a week, it was great for staying in shape but I didn't grow like I did as a kid, even if I threw in some gear.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2014, 11:31:04 AM »
For years I have settled at doing a body part once a week, so does that mean training it twice a week or even three times a week is wrong? Of course not, and if I was to train for a show I would most likely do something similar to what Vince Taylor does and that would be to train twice daily 6 days a week, but I am digress.

Why only precontest and not during "mass gain" phases?

RIZZ1

• Getbig I
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2014, 01:27:56 PM »
bump

bat

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2014, 05:42:07 PM »
I think what Lee Haney said was actually: "Stimulate, don't annihilate". I know it's kinda the same...
Can I get a free T-Shirt?  ;D

bat

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 05:58:05 PM »
I have been training for a long time (as a natural) as well, and I also found that whenever I trained bodyparts more than once a week, I rapidly become overtrained, get more joint aches and pain and don't sleep as well. I tried most every training concepts under the sun. Whenever I tried HD or a variant of it (Dorian's take or Doggcrapp) I always ended up injured and had to stop training for months to rehab. So I went to the other extreme of the spectrum and went to High Volume and developped tendonitis in elbows and shoulders. So I agree that there has to be a happy medium, especially if training longevity is a goal.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2014, 09:05:32 PM »
Why only precontest and not during "mass gain" phases?

It's just a personally preference. If you are on your way up the ladder as far as mass is concerned there is nothing wrong with training twice a day if your schedule permits. Some people feel like they can generate more intensity this way. Of course most people can not train twice per day so once obviously is perfectly fine.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2014, 11:30:03 PM »
I have been training for a long time (as a natural) as well, and I also found that whenever I trained bodyparts more than once a week, I rapidly become overtrained, get more joint aches and pain and don't sleep as well. I tried most every training concepts under the sun. Whenever I tried HD or a variant of it (Dorian's take or Doggcrapp) I always ended up injured and had to stop training for months to rehab. So I went to the other extreme of the spectrum and went to High Volume and developped tendonitis in elbows and shoulders. So I agree that there has to be a happy medium, especially if training longevity is a goal.

perhaps you werent training enough to cause the adaptaions necessary to do the work your demanding of it.

you cant just decide 'im going to train all bodyparts 2-3 times a week'. of course your going to get sore. joints and ligaments wont be used to the workloads.

you have to give your body time to adapt. there should no problem w you training every body part every day if you take the time to allow the body to adapt to the workloads.
b