Author Topic: Police Abuse of Uber Driver in NY  (Read 23301 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Police Abuse of Uber Driver in NY
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2015, 11:19:49 AM »
Sorry if it was posted before

Police true colors become more evident with so many recording devices around

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHh   BEYE KE
::)

This is what constitutes abuse these days?   ::)

No wonder the majority of you are weak minded babies who hate women.

Simple Simon

« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2015, 11:22:08 AM »
::)

This is what constitutes abuse these days?   ::)

No wonder the majority of you are weak minded babies who hate women.

Most people shout at their kids like that

Abuse?
Jeez.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2015, 11:23:37 AM »
Really?
How do you know they are unmarked cars?

I think your memories are of Youtube videos.

Um, no, because when you live in New York City long enough, it becomes quite clear some discernible features of unmarked cars, which this man may not have known, given he was only in this country for 2 years.

Criminals are able to spot unmarked cars. They can see them from a mile way (hyperbole).

I am not a criminal.
X

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2015, 11:25:33 AM »

This guy to a tee.
N

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2015, 11:28:39 AM »
I guess the majority of people here have never been to any city where there is a lack of police or little to no police presence and have seen the condition or state that its in.

They would do themselves a favor by educating themselves on The Broken Window Theory.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2015, 11:41:57 AM »
The guy was unprofessional. He was being verbally abusive. The driver, regardless of his attitude prior, shouldn't have to submit to a verbal onslaught from an officer. I think it's a positive thing that this made the news. This isn't how police should act. The Chiefs response was dead on. Any cop who watches that should cringe. It needs to stop

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2015, 11:48:08 AM »
no point arguing with the anti police crew on here

there are millions of interactions each day between the public and the police

with very few bad incidents

but the armchair gangsters on here are too stupid not to put them all in the same bracket

its like arguing with retards
T

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2015, 11:48:12 AM »
Words are serious business.  ::)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2015, 11:50:39 AM »

but the armchair gangsters on here are too stupid not to put them all in the same bracket

they are entitled to their opinion.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2015, 12:12:31 PM »

I never said ALL police are like that. When I call them "pigs" I am referring to the corrupt ones who cover for each other.

In fact, I was pulled over a few weeks ago and had a pleasant conversation with the police officer. And he let me go with a warning.

And I agree that there are many good interactions each day. However, with the advent of technology people see more and more the abusive ones, and that colors their perception.
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2015, 12:19:21 PM »
I never said ALL police are like that. When I call them "pigs" I am referring to the corrupt ones who cover for each other.

In fact, I was pulled over a few weeks ago and had a pleasant conversation with the police officer. And he let me go with a warning.

And I agree that there are many good interactions each day. However, with the advent of technology people see more and more the abusive ones, and that colors their perception.

From reading your posts in this thread, I would have never guessed you didn't mean all cops. Glad to see you don't have a thing against all cops... 

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2015, 12:23:47 PM »

fair enough

in my experience anyone that ustilises the term pigs

is not a fan of the police

i notice you didnt mention the nice interaction in any of your previous posts

just think about that for a second
T

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2015, 12:28:17 PM »
From reading your posts in this thread, I would have never guessed you didn't mean all cops. Glad to see you don't have a thing against all cops... 

Every time I have been pulled over for a minor traffic violation, the cop never acted like a dick to me.

It would be stupid to say EVERY cop is like that. I am able to realize that there is good and bad in every profession.

The issue is the amount of power that cops have that makes things like this "scary." When you go to the doctor, you expect the doctor to be nice to you, and most of all, to be really good at what he does. Like cops, doctors have a lot of power and we put trust in them. When we put faith in these institutions, we expect to be treated fairly and kindly. When cops act like dicks for no reason, than people start to change how they view them. Now, obviously there are good interactions between cops and people, however, people tend to remember the bad things that happen. What really needs to happen is an overhaul of the police system and better training.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2015, 12:30:16 PM »
fair enough

in my experience anyone that ustilises the term pigs

is not a fan of the police

i notice you didnt mention the nice interaction in any of your previous posts

just think about that for a second

Well, I didn't mention the good interactions because we were talking about a dickhead cop. If someone would have posted a nice story about a cop, I probably would have mentioned the good interactions with police officers. But that was not the focus of the conversation.

And might I add, in previous threads, I have mentioned my good interactions with cops.

And yes, I am not a fan at all of corrupt cops or cops who abuse their power. I suspect not even good cops are. Well, Id hope not.
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2015, 12:31:54 PM »
Every time I have been pulled over for a minor traffic violation, the cop never acted like a dick to me.

It would be stupid to say EVERY cop is like that. I am able to realize that there is good and bad in every profession.

The issue is the amount of power that cops have that makes things like this "scary." When you go to the doctor, you expect the doctor to be nice to you, and most of all, to be really good at what he does. Like cops, doctors have a lot of power and we put trust in them. When we put faith in these institutions, we expect to be treated fairly and kindly. When cops act like dicks for no reason, than people start to change how they view them. Now, obviously there are good interactions between cops and people, however, people tend to remember the bad things that happen. What really needs to happen is an overhaul of the police system and better training.

When you say an overhaul of the police system, what do you mean?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2015, 12:32:42 PM »
Well, I didn't mention the good interactions because we were talking about a dickhead cop. If someone would have posted a nice story about a cop, I probably would have mentioned the good interactions with police officers. But that was not the focus of the conversation.

And might I add, in previous threads, I have mentioned my good interactions with cops.

And yes, I am not a fan at all of corrupt cops or cops who abuse their power. I suspect not even good cops are. Well, Id hope not.

Good cops hate bad cops much worse than the average citizen hates bad cops.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2015, 12:41:25 PM »
When you say an overhaul of the police system, what do you mean?

Fear and intimidation via, "You're with us, to you're against us." I have known police officers who have basically said this is the way it is to a great extent. Corrupt cops need to be dealt with in a better man. Every system can improve the way it runs things, from police systems to major corporations.
X

Simple Simon

« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2015, 12:44:22 PM »

A bit like all the people who cover for each other on this forum?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2015, 12:45:42 PM »
Fear and intimidation via, "You're with us, to you're against us." I have known police officers who have basically said this is the way it is to a great extent. Corrupt cops need to be dealt with in a better man. Every system can improve the way it runs things, from police systems to major corporations.

I'm really trying to understand your recommendation for changing the system. Can you be more detailed?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2015, 12:48:08 PM »
I'm really trying to understand your recommendation for changing the system. Can you be more detailed?

I didn't say I had recommendations myself. I don't specialize in police systems. But do you think the police system is a perfect system that would not need changing, on multiple levels?  All I can say is that it would seem like the police force can use some changing. Maybe someone here would be better able to provide more detail.
X

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2015, 12:57:09 PM »

This guy to a tee.

These two needed to team up -

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2015, 12:59:06 PM »
I didn't say I had recommendations myself. I don't specialize in police systems. But do you think the police system is a perfect system that would not need changing, on multiple levels?  All I can say is that it would seem like the police force can use some changing. Maybe someone here would be better able to provide more detail.

I think police departments have been evolving for years. We are currently meeting on a weekly basis to form a 3, 5 and 10 yr vision for our department. Our methods and training evolves as new and better technics and technology evolve. I think the "us vs them" mentality is going the way of smoking and bell bottoms in many departments. I know in ours we focus on nieghborhood policing. We use social media to inform the public of issues that concern them. We have quarterly Commander Meetings in different areas of the city so citizens can voice their concerns or support.

The "system" has developed in this country for a couple hundred years, based on the English version early on. It has certainly had it's challenges and will continue to do so. But where I want MY department to go is forming and maintaining a partnership with the community. We can't do the job entrusted to us without the communtiies involvement. We don't want to do the job without it. It doesn't work. So when some jackass in a uniform gets blasted over the media it sets up back a bit. That isn't who and where we want to be at this point. But it's an eye opener for the departments as well. You have knuckleheads like this, you need to deal with them. So yes, we do need to improve, I think we are moving in that direction. It's kind of a slow process, especially with the media making a point to pummel people with biased reporting like the Fergusen incident.     

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2015, 01:02:06 PM »
Thats painting the issue with too broad of a brush.  Which police force needs changing?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2015, 01:11:15 PM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2015, 01:13:36 PM »
Thats painting the issue with too broad of a brush.  Which police force needs changing?

Well, LAPD is known to be notoriously corrupt. Obviously some police systems are better than others.
X