Author Topic: Solid advice needed - some POS went through my car last night  (Read 3406 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Solid advice needed - some POS went through my car last night
« on: September 17, 2013, 02:56:37 AM »
Some POS crept onto my driveway last night and went through my whole car, turning everything out all over the seats etc. I must have left it unlocked when MrsCyp asked me to bring the shopping bags through to the kitchen.

Anyway, I'm not the kind of guy to feel at ease with that, even though they only stole a jacket - Last time someone tresspassed on my property and stole my road bike, I drove around for 4 weeks watching every bike on the road until I saw the bastard, cut him up and yanked the bike off him amongst other threatening behaviour  ;D Even if the bike was worth £5 i'd do the same thing - PRINCIPLE.

So should I stay up and look out for this scumbag for a couple of nights - maybe even record it for getbig?  ;D

***EDIT - My ID work badge was in the coat pocket!!! so the beta individual knows my name/face/work address/home address/car reg - to many details for my liking

What say you all, let it go?

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Solid advice needed - some POS went through my car last night
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 02:58:57 AM »
be unlikely to come back

I take it you didn't have any id,keys etc left in the car

contact your local crime reduction team there has probably been a spate of similar incidents in the area

reporting it will help them built up a pattern for the offences
T

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 03:02:35 AM »
as a true getbigger you should catch the scumbag and videotape the beating for us mate
North of Italy

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 03:02:42 AM »
Observe.
Capture.
Torture.
Decapitate.
Photograph.
Post.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 03:05:53 AM »
and yanked the bike off him

Interesting, in the United States we would probably rip him off the bike.  :o

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 03:13:25 AM »
be unlikely to come back

I take it you didn't have any id,keys etc left in the car

contact your local crime reduction team there has probably been a spate of similar incidents in the area

reporting it will help them built up a pattern for the offences

I was hoping you'd reply mate, always level headed advice.

Bound to be a crackhead just pulling handles street after street,

Problem is....they knicked my blue felt overcoat and it had my work ID badge in it so they know my name & address & workplace...

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 03:15:14 AM »
Interesting, in the United States we would probably rip him off the bike.  :o

Haha good observation, you have to picture both him and the bike being horizontal on the pavement to see how I acheived this  8)

theredeemer

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 03:17:31 AM »
I was hoping you'd reply mate, always level headed advice.

Bound to be a crackhead just pulling handles street after street,

Problem is....they knicked my blue felt overcoat and it had my work ID badge in it so they know my name & address & workplace...

Sounds like you made an enemy, and they are now going to slowly hunt and torment you.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 03:24:16 AM »
Sounds like you made an enemy, and they are now going to slowly hunt and torment you.

I say this with all humility, no one who lives in my neighbourhood would be my enemy.

I'm a very nice family guy, but my surname (which is very memorable - blame Cyprus lol) wouldn't go unoticed in a conversation down the local  :-[

Thank my brothers for that, but it does come in handy.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 03:50:36 AM »
I say this with all humility, no one who lives in my neighbourhood would be my enemy.

I'm a very nice family guy, but my surname (which is very memorable - blame Cyprus lol) wouldn't go unoticed in a conversation down the local  :-[

Thank my brothers for that, but it does come in handy.

Go out and buy a 1080p camera with ir light for night time, fix up a security light with pr that detects motion, install a yale wireless alarm, as good the 2 grand alarms at a fraction of the cost.pm me if you want info just did all this myself.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 03:52:24 AM »
Go out and buy a 1080p camera with ir light for night time, fix up a security light with pr that detects motion, install a yale wireless alarm, as good the 2 grand alarms at a fraction of the cost.pm me if you want info just did all this myself.

You seem worried about other people Army of One, are there things (in the night)?

Lol, no sounds like a good setup

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 04:00:54 AM »
Some POS crept onto my driveway last night and went through my whole car, turning everything out all over the seats etc. I must have left it unlocked when MrsCyp asked me to bring the shopping bags through to the kitchen.

Anyway, I'm not the kind of guy to feel at ease with that, even though they only stole a jacket - Last time someone tresspassed on my property and stole my road bike, I drove around for 4 weeks watching every bike on the road until I saw the bastard, cut him up and yanked the bike off him amongst other threatening behaviour  ;D Even if the bike was worth £5 i'd do the same thing - PRINCIPLE.

So should I stay up and look out for this scumbag for a couple of nights - maybe even record it for getbig?

***EDIT - My ID work badge was in the coat pocket!!! so the beta individual knows my name/face/work address/home address/car reg - to many details for my liking

What say you all, let it go?

I'm quite surprised at your response to this. Maybe it's because it has happened to me several times but I don't really think its a big deal, just part of life, just don't leave valuables in the car.

Actually this same thing happened to me last week. I left my car unlocked which I usually do since I have nothing of value in it. They just opened my glove box and ashtray looking for money or whatnot. I actually had a pocket knife and sunglasses in there but they didn't even take those. My stereo is bone stock no CD player and the car is 15 years old.

I guess my advice is not worry about it. Was nothing personal just a junkie looking for money or electronics. Actually my MP3 player as in my car but in a secret compartment under my seat. I had the car two years before I even knew about it! 

I guess if you want to be proactive you can install a small surveillance camera pointing out towards your car so if it happens again you or the police can see who did it.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 04:04:05 AM »
I did the same. Left my car unlocked on the drive and then at 2am saw a black kid stealing the parking change and a white kid standing guard. They saw me and legged it. I could even smell the alcohol breath in the car. I still fantasize about getting outside faster and my hands on them..
O

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 04:09:11 AM »

not quite my friend

most insurance companies wont approve a diy installed alarm

if you want the police to attend you need a graded system installed by an accredited supplier

also how are you recording the images from the camera?
T

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 04:14:52 AM »
Probably just some kids. I bet if you circled around the block, you'd find your badge or coat. I did this one night when I was 13 or so. Me and a buddy snuck out and checked for unlocked cars. We got into one and grabbed some change and a pocket translater. We messed with the translater for a few then tossed it aside on the walk home. Not my proudest moment, but kids do some trifling shit.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 04:26:46 AM »
I'm quite surprised at your response to this. Maybe it's because it has happened to me several times but I don't really think its a big deal, just part of life, just don't leave valuables in the car.

Actually this same thing happened to me last week. I left my car unlocked which I usually do since I have nothing of value in it. They just opened my glove box and ashtray looking for money or whatnot. I actually had a pocket knife and sunglasses in there but they didn't even take those. My stereo is bone stock no CD player and the car is 15 years old.

I guess my advice is not worry about it. Was nothing personal just a junkie looking for money or electronics. Actually my MP3 player as in my car but in a secret compartment under my seat. I had the car two years before I even knew about it! 

I guess if you want to be proactive you can install a small surveillance camera pointing out towards your car so if it happens again you or the police can see who did it.

It was a semi serious post to be honest, I just HATE when strangers are on my property touching my stuff.

I've now amended the line "Shall I set up a camera etc" with a smiley  ;D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 04:28:40 AM »
Ok, so what are the chances that someone can impersonate you online/telephone/setting up credit etc - if they only have the following details:

1. Full name
2. Address
3. Car Reg
4. Work address
5. (date of birth - surely they can find that online if they have full name and address - I know how quickly I got UKJeff's haha)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 04:30:34 AM »
not quite my friend

most insurance companies wont approve a diy installed alarm

if you want the police to attend you need a graded system installed by an accredited supplier

also how are you recording the images from the camera?

True, but police wouldn't get there in time anyway.multiple cameras ftp to a nas with 4tb storage.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 04:50:04 AM »
Sucks but all in all you only lost a smedium jacket.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 04:53:23 AM »
Ok, so what are the chances that someone can impersonate you online/telephone/setting up credit etc - if they only have the following details:

1. Full name
2. Address
3. Car Reg
4. Work address
5. (date of birth - surely they can find that online if they have full name and address - I know how quickly I got UKJeff's haha)

its possible but unlikely

it might be worthwhile notifying your bank and credit card providers

however if you do this they might block any transactions you might make

what I did was put the word round when it happened to me

my stuff got returned

if you know any of the local bad boys might be worth having a word

there will be some in your gym im sure
T

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 04:55:04 AM »

1. Full name
2. Address
3. Car Reg
4. Work address

They can't do much without bank details.

THE BOUNCER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 04:55:50 AM »
I would have pissed on your seats and taken a shit on the dashboard.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 04:59:34 AM »
Chances are, he left fingerprints. Never leave any ID like that in your car. Nor GPS, or IPods/mp3 players. Thieves count on people to do that...

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 05:03:14 AM »
That would mean offering your soul for a human sacrifice  ;)

I would have caught him abshooting in my rear view mirror, trying to adjust all the interior lights for a perfect getbig update pic

THE BOUNCER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 05:03:59 AM »
I would have caught him abshooting in my rear view mirror, trying to adjust all the interior lights for a perfect getbig update pic
  :D :D :D

i lol'd