Author Topic: Atheist "scientist" Steven Hawkin says god didnt build the universe  (Read 24986 times)

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Re: Atheist "scientist" Steven Hawkin says god didnt build the universe
« Reply #300 on: February 09, 2013, 10:06:17 AM »
This is christian theology? Sounds more like good common sense!

NN

Yes it is theology.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #301 on: February 09, 2013, 10:17:02 AM »
You try to say Christians say god is like us, and how ridiculous to suggest he is just a mammal, but what about the point of view that it is the other way around and we are like god, only shadows of his greatness of course.

So it is not reducing god to a mammal, but saying a mammal has qualities like god, in a humbler sense.

The problem with that view is that emotions are so clearly associated with biological systems. If you lesion certain structures of the brain, you can erase the ability to feel anger, fear, etc.

Certain drugs also can reduce the ability to feel for instance anxiety.

On a comparative level- animal emotions are clearly adaptive. Fear has obvious adaptive functions. No fear, and the animal soon will die if situated in dangerous conditions.

Fear makes no sense for an omnipotent "god". Same with anger. Love? Hmm- maybe a case can be made for love. But the evidence indicates that man made god, not that god made man.

NN

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #302 on: February 09, 2013, 10:19:32 AM »
This isn't university, this is just a forum, you cretin. I was just answering your silly question and it was well answered. ::)

Not crediting your source when cutting and pasting large amounts of text written by someone else is intellectual dishonesty anyway.

But you have a point, cause the word "intellectual" is not appropriate for the text you stole.

NN

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
« Reply #303 on: February 09, 2013, 10:23:11 AM »
Not crediting your source when cutting and pasting large amounts of text written by someone else is intellectual dishonesty anyway.

But you have a point, cause the word "intellectual" is not appropriate for the text you stole.

NN

The text is great for my purpose and answers your question perfectly. Don't fault the text if you're too dumb to grasp its meaning. THere's no need to credit my source because I was just replying to you, I didn't put my name there as though I wrote it.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #304 on: February 09, 2013, 10:30:51 AM »
The text is great for my purpose and answers your question perfectly. Don't fault the text if you're too dumb to grasp its meaning. THere's no need to credit my source because I was just replying to you, I didn't put my name there as though I wrote it.

Quit stealing the work of others and explain to me why an omnipotent god should need to feel anger?

NN

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #305 on: February 09, 2013, 10:34:54 AM »
Quit stealing the work of others and explain to me why an omnipotent god should need to feel anger?

NN

You lazy fuck, I've already explained that to you (albeit with someone else's words). And even Gandhi would get pissed to high heaven at the buffoonery of jackasses like you, let alone the omnipotent God who doesn't take shit from anybody (including the angels).

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #306 on: February 09, 2013, 10:46:29 AM »
You lazy fuck, I've already explained that to you (albeit with someone else's words). And even Gandhi would get pissed to high heaven at the buffoonery of jackasses like you, let alone the omnipotent God who doesn't take shit from anybody (including the angels).

"Not taking shit" is an example of animal and human behavior in a social dominance context.

Why do you think an omnipotent and omniscient god would want to participate in a social dominance game?

NN

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #307 on: February 09, 2013, 10:50:19 AM »
"Not taking shit" is an example of animal and human behavior in a social dominance context.

Why do you think an omnipotent and omniscient god would want to participate in a social dominance game?

NN

What social dominance? It's PLAIN dominance, genius. 'Hallelujah for the Lord God OMNIPOTENT reigneth.'

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #308 on: February 09, 2013, 10:52:28 AM »
What social dominance? It's PLAIN dominance, genius. 'Hallelujah for the Lord God OMNIPOTENT reigneth.'

Dominance in a vacum? Are there other gods in the sky to challenge "him"?

NN

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #309 on: February 09, 2013, 10:56:04 AM »
i absolutely love talking about the idea of god and spirituality.

however whenever i come across a conversation on the subject(s), i almost always am encounterfed with conversation about the bible.

and its a damn shame that so many people are caught up on dogma. it is seriously a major fucking problem.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #310 on: February 09, 2013, 10:57:48 AM »
Dominance in a vacum? Are there other gods in the sky to challenge "him"?

NN

Nobody can challenge Him of course since He created everything and upholds the very existence of all creation but some wicked angels and men do try to oppose Him by persecuting His believers/followers.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #311 on: February 09, 2013, 10:59:22 AM »
Nobody can challenge Him of course since He created everything and upholds the very existence of all creation but some wicked angels and men do try to oppose Him by persecuting His believers/followers.

are you a fat man or a humble man?
c

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #312 on: February 09, 2013, 11:07:15 AM »

There is no point in anger if you are omniscient or omnipotent. Nobody can challenge you anyway.

NN

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: February 09, 2013, 11:16:27 AM »
You realize you talk about God like he s a human, because you re human? Look up "anthropomorphism" in the dictionnary. You attribute him human traits, because you re human.

In the Bible God is described as an alien with tentacles.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #314 on: February 09, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
There is no point in anger if you are omniscient or omnipotent. Nobody can challenge you anyway.

NN

Evil stirs the all-powerful God to great wrath because of His perfect righteousness. That is why He will consume the wicked in consummate justice. 'For our God is a consuming fire.'

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #315 on: February 09, 2013, 11:19:12 AM »
You realize you talk about God like he s a human, because you re human? Look up "anthropomorphism" in the dictionnary. You attribute him human traits, because you re human.

In the Bible God is described as an alien with tentacles.

On the contrary we humans possess some of God's traits since He made us in His image. Go read the Bible for more information. And the only alien with tentacles is the one you were screwing yesterday, there are witnesses! ;)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #316 on: February 09, 2013, 12:03:36 PM »
Christians are dumb, atheists are smart....end of thread.

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #317 on: February 09, 2013, 12:11:07 PM »
Christians are smart, atheists are dumb....end of thread.

Fixed, there you go. :D

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #318 on: February 09, 2013, 12:14:58 PM »
Fixed, there you go. :D

are you a smart man or a humble man?
c

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #319 on: February 09, 2013, 12:26:16 PM »
Religion HA HA

V

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #320 on: February 09, 2013, 12:26:36 PM »
Christians are dumb, atheists are smart....end of thread.

'The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.'

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #321 on: February 09, 2013, 12:27:47 PM »
'The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.'

are you a stupid fat man or a humble man?

c

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #322 on: February 09, 2013, 12:37:46 PM »
Religion HA HA

Why are so obstinately fixed against your own Creator who loves you indescribably much? He created you to follow, serve, worship, fear, honour and obey Him. Haven't I already given you this resource for to answer ALL your dumb questions?

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/answers.html

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #323 on: February 09, 2013, 12:40:57 PM »
Why are so obstinately fixed against your own Creator who loves you indescribably much? Haven't I already given you this resource for to answer ALL your dumb questions?
Why are so obstinately fixed against your own Creator who loves you indescribably much? Haven't I already given you this resource for to answer ALL your dumb questions?
V

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #324 on: February 09, 2013, 12:42:15 PM »

The link's above, dumbass.