Author Topic: The First Purge movie  (Read 3527 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: The First Purge movie
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 08:04:58 AM »
Saw First Purge today.  Had a free pass.  As stated it is nothing but a fucking racist shitstain of a movie.  Imagine if the Spartans warriors from 300 raped Shaft and he (somehow) became pregnant and gave birth to a ghetto version of John Doe who found a Nazi ringleader and his army of Duck Dynasty rejects in New Jack City.

That is what this is.

This was the worst of the series.  In the previous ones, they built up certain killers to make you want to see them die.  I thought that was the case of the two grandma's but then.....   wtf happened to them?

The deaths were not as brutal or entertaining as the previous film either. 

A dope dealer with morals?   Fuck this shit.

This thread saved me from sitting through a racial movie....  that was advertised as something different.

I did like Purge 3. That came out in 2016. That one was entertaining. It did have political aspects in it, but it was advertised as such

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 08:15:13 AM »
I heard this was another white racism fantasy where whites are trying to wipe out the darkies.

I haven't seen any of these and I don't plan to.  Fuck Hollywood.  Hardly anything I can watch anymore.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2018, 10:14:25 AM »
It was bad.  Now in all fairness, when I was flying over on my gig to Korea and China last month I read an article in one of the entertainment/movie/critic magazines.   Whichever one United sticks on their planes.  This was before the movie was released and the audience getting the first preview of this movie said pretty  much everything on this thread.  It was defended by saying that this movie was the first and a part 2 follow up to this time line was being considered.  It was going to detail how the the first purge was considered a failure and not to be repeated, but over the next year the blacks grew too restless and  on the anniversary date held their own non sanctioned purge.  Which effectively cemented the annual Purge every year from then on out.

Apparently the director must have thought twice and redid the voice over at the end of this one proclaiming it a success.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2018, 02:33:37 PM »
next time look up the director before you go watch

Yeesh.

No kidding.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2018, 04:30:47 PM »
Gotta say this was pretty obvious from the previews that I saw. Have no desire at all to see it. After the first preview I saw on tv I immediately told my wife they were clearly turning it into a race baiting movie. Looked horrible.

Liked Frank Grillo in the second and third. Pleasantly surprised how they kept me entertained, etc.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2018, 06:07:25 PM »
One of the worst movies i have ever went to see at the movies
irongearco.com

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2018, 06:16:15 PM »
Saw First Purge today.  Had a free pass.  As stated it is nothing but a fucking racist shitstain of a movie.  Imagine if the Spartans warriors from 300 raped Shaft and he (somehow) became pregnant and gave birth to a ghetto version of John Doe who found a Nazi ringleader and his army of Duck Dynasty rejects in New Jack City.

That is what this is.

This was the worst of the series.  In the previous ones, they built up certain killers to make you want to see them die.  I thought that was the case of the two grandma's but then.....   wtf happened to them?

I was waiting for a non racist to review it... thanks for the review, I will skip this movie.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2018, 06:30:41 PM »
I was waiting for a non racist to review it... thanks for the review, I will skip this movie.

No problem.  Glad I saved you $12.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2018, 03:11:52 AM »

That is what this is.

Ironically, drug dealers are poisoning and “Purging” there own neighborhoods... their own people...

It doesn’t make sense that movie makers would make a drug dealer the good-guy in a movie called “Purge”

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2018, 12:09:48 PM »
Ironically, drug dealers are poisoning and “Purging” there own neighborhoods... their own people...

It doesn’t make sense that movie makers would make a drug dealer the good-guy in a movie called “Purge”

One of the worst movies that i have went to the movies to see..terrible acting...terrible plot.  I wouldn't watch it for free.
irongearco.com

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2018, 12:39:23 PM »
i thought it had some cool scenes/characters/villains

2/5

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2018, 02:27:12 PM »
i thought it had some cool scenes/characters/villains

2/5

There were no stand out villains.  I mean, Skeletor?  He taped syringes to his fist.  Ghetto wolverine.

the Grandma team had potential to be interesting.... but what happened to them?