Author Topic: Going to the moon.  (Read 3029 times)

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
Going to the moon.
« on: October 16, 2010, 05:15:37 AM »
So I was just looking up a bunch a shit about space. Anyhow there expecting to have a trip to the moon cost about 1 mil in 30 years. So would you go if you couldn't afford a flight back?
P.S.  they'd have an abundance of genetically engineered green skinned super hoes one you get there.

spinnis

Re: Going to the moon.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 05:21:38 AM »
in 30 years there will be easier way to get to the moon.

nanotube elivator for example

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 05:23:58 AM »

Meh possible, I donno but still would you pay a million for to buy a house then then. I mean we all got this idea that going to space will be cheap. It probally won't get much under a million so for most people it'll be a one way trip. It's something peopel always forget. When are ancestors went to the america's they didn't visit, then went to stay and never looked back.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 05:31:45 AM »

teleporters  8)
175lbs by 31st July

djbigballs

• Getbig I
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 05:34:34 AM »
how abundant and more importantly how desperate will these green women be

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 05:35:08 AM »
Meh possible, I donno but still would you pay a million for to buy a house then then. I mean we all got this idea that going to space will be cheap. It probally won't get much under a million so for most people it'll be a one way trip. It's something peopel always forget. When are ancestors went to the america's they didn't visit, then went to stay and never looked back.

oh PLEASE tell us who are these "ancestors" of AMERica landscape as you like to say  ::)

LOL just kiding, don't mean to start shit  :P

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 05:35:51 AM »

If you're interested by that sorta stuff I can definitely recommend "Physics of the Impossible" by Michio Kaku. Some really cool stuff in there.
from incomplete data

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 05:43:27 AM »
If you're interested by that sorta stuff I can definitely recommend "Physics of the Impossible" by Michio Kaku. Some really cool stuff in there.
Meh he's a bit of a wanker, alot of this stuff might happen but isn't likely.

Elon musk at space x, is getting the cost of lanching shit into space at 3000 dollars per kilo and down as low as just 1000($440 per pound) with 15 years. The costs of getting to space are getting 10 times to a 100 times cheaper in a few decades, the wonders of private enterprise.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 05:46:16 AM »
Meh he's a bit of a wanker, alot of this stuff might happen but isn't likely.

Elon musk at space x, is getting the cost of lanching shit into space at 3000 dollars per kilo and down as low as just 1000($440 per pound) with 15 years. The costs of getting to space are getting 10 times to a 100 times cheaper in a few decades, the wonders of private enterprise.

Did you read the book at all? He's not saying that all of that stuff necessarily will happen, but merely that there's really nothing in the laws of physics preventing it.
from incomplete data

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 05:56:54 AM »
Did you read the book at all? He's not saying that all of that stuff necessarily will happen, but merely that there's really nothing in the laws of physics preventing it.
Honestly know I've seen alot of him in videos over the years though. I aware he don't say it will. But he never talks about the econmics which usually dwarfs the physics.

Nasa was sending the shuttle to space for a 500 mil a launch. Within five years a space station could be put into space for the same price. A 100 billion ISS we got now is a joke. Private corps could make that today for 10 billion. Were undergoing an economic revolution in space, and all every talks about are transporters, and laser beems. :(

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 06:09:12 AM »
i have zero desire to leave Earth. i dont care if it cost $5. fuck space.

spinnis

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 06:30:53 AM »

I need to get myself a pair of reading glasses and some good ass books

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 07:13:02 AM »
So I was just looking up a bunch a shit about space. Anyhow there expecting to have a trip to the moon cost about 1 mil in 30 years. So would you go if you couldn't afford a flight back?
P.S.  they'd have an abundance of genetically engineered green skinned super hoes one you get there.

I see no point going to the moon. You can go my more important places in mind. That will have greater implications and experience.

That you need to explore.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 07:30:27 AM »
I just returned from mars , dam that was good smoke

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 07:33:25 AM »
I just returned from mars , dam that was good smoke

top or bottom?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 07:36:13 AM »

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 07:45:01 AM »
I see no point going to the moon. You can go my more important places in mind. That will have greater implications and experience.

That you need to explore.
There's loads of helium3 on the moon, excellent source of cheap nuclear. Plus their's water, at a price of about 1000 dollars a liter, it may be cheaper to get it off the moon than earth. Also their's loads of a minerals in near earth asteriods. Something like 100 trillion worth of minerals in the asteriod belt.

At to that with nuclear propulsion you can get around space quite cheaply once you leave the atmosphere.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 07:47:06 AM »
There is fuck all in space, earth is where it's happening.

Once we get space travel it will explode, like when travelling to other continents first became viable, then you get used to it and everybody will be fucking bored with it.
Trans Milkshake.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 07:48:45 AM »

LOL. Nicely played, Sir!  "Bang* *Zoom*

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 07:51:09 AM »
There is fuck all in space, earth is where it's happening.

Once we get space travel it will explode, like when travelling to other continents first became viable, then you get used to it and everybody will be fucking bored with it.
Lol there's loads of wealth in space, don't require light speed to get their either. Star trek has warped everyones minds about space.

It's easier to do alot of things in space, there are major advantages to leaving the planet. Cheap minerals, you have basically giant chunks of ore just floating around waiting to be used, even on earth most of our metals come from past comets that have hit the earth. Construction is super cheap because there's no need for crains, economy of scale works wonderfully, because everything can be built  large scale without gravity.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2010, 07:52:27 AM »
teleporters  8)
I'm sure even those will have occupancy limits, Jumbo.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 07:57:13 AM »
Lol there's loads of wealth in space, don't require light speed to get their either. Star trek has warped everyones minds about space.

It's easier to do alot of things in space, there are major advantages to leaving the planet. Cheap minerals, you have basically giant chunks of ore just floating around waiting to be used, even on earth most of our metals come from past comets that have hit the earth. Construction is super cheap because there's no need for crains, economy of scale works wonderfully, because everything can be built  large scale without gravity.

Just from a living perspective.

No doubt there are infinite resources, but all it would be is like earth but on a larger level.

Existence is still existence and people just fill their time with shit to do until they die.
Trans Milkshake.

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2010, 08:00:12 AM »

No doubt there are infinite resources, but all it would be is like earth but on a larger level.

Existence is still existence and people just fill their time with shit to do until they die.
You got point, no doubt. Nihilist wouldn't survive very long up their. It would be for those that want to seed another civilization. The strong minded ubermensch. It's the next frontier. Much like alaska was. For some it's just another place to live, to others it would be about improvement.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 08:00:35 AM »

Damn.  Bleaker than not finding inner peace at the Sea of Tranquility.  :(

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2010, 08:03:17 AM »
Be cool to be left behind like the abandoned cityscapes in blade runner while everyone is running about colonizing.  :)
Trans Milkshake.