Author Topic: Effective immediately a new industry wide lie  (Read 6017 times)

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
Effective immediately a new industry wide lie
« on: March 04, 2008, 05:17:13 PM »
For years we have heard the arm size and weight lies as well as hight lies (funny how everyone said they where 5'10 and when wold who is 5'11 walked on stage everyone looked 5'6)

A new lie to add is the amount of people who visit a bodybuilding site, tune into a bodybuilding show and watch a bodybuilding webcast

bodybuilding.com claims over 110,000 people watched only a idiot would buy that

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Effective immediately a new industry wide lie
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 05:20:21 PM »
For years we have heard the arm size and weight lies as well as hight lies (funny how everyone said they where 5'10 and when wold who is 5'11 walked on stage everyone looked 5'6)

A new lie to add is the amount of people who visit a bodybuilding site, tune into a bodybuilding show and watch a bodybuilding webcast

Believe what you want....we have no reaon to lie, and have programs in place to track all kinds of numbers. Live views, total number of hits, replays, womens webcast, mens, prejudging...

You have no clue the amount of traffic we generate on a daily basis, so your comments are without fact or merit.

Master Blaster

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 05:28:33 PM »
Believe what you want....we have no reaon to lie, and have programs in place to track all kinds of numbers. Live views, total number of hits, replays, womens webcast, mens, prejudging...

You have no clue the amount of traffic we generate on a daily basis, so your comments are without fact or merit.

Hahahaha, Chick destroys another noob.  ;D

Great stuff, big "man."

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 05:33:46 PM »
BOB CHICK IS THE PUSSY DESTROYER

Moosejay

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 05:34:03 PM »
Well, I watched!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 05:37:26 PM »
Hahahaha, Chick destroys another noob.  ;D

Great stuff, big "man."

bob is by far the most underrated getbigger when it comes to ownings 8)

E
E

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 05:39:12 PM »

BTW...just to bury you further...here are the exact stats:

117,328 total

Live views: 83,611 (finals)

Total main page views: 185,633

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 05:42:34 PM »

Well, you have to understand how they're counting it.  The feed dropped on me at least a dozen times, and I had to re-connect.  I'm sure I alone counted for twelve of those "people".  I imagine this happened to many others as well.  Also, you have to consider that Earl1972 has downloaded the replay at least 100 times since Saturday so he could re-live levrone's moment on stage with the past winners (one-handed, I'm sure).  So, the real number of unique viewers is probably nowhere near 110k.
Ron: "I am lazy."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 05:42:52 PM »
Bob is a legend.

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 05:45:58 PM »
He'll never recover owned by a pro!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA He'll most def be chating it up with a suicide prevention hotline 1-800-sty-aliv!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!
Spirit of Truth

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 05:50:28 PM »
who is this "BOB" everyone talks about?

WHAT ABOUT HIM?
you are gay.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »

117,328 total

World wide, that is a low number of views......
A

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 05:51:00 PM »
Well, you have to understand how they're counting it.  The feed dropped on me at least a dozen times, and I had to re-connect.  I'm sure I alone counted for twelve of those "people".  I imagine this happened to many others as well.  Also, you have to consider that Earl1972 has downloaded the replay at least 100 times since Saturday so he could re-live levrone's moment on stage with the past winners (one-handed, I'm sure).  So, the real number of unique viewers is probably nowhere near 110k.

Didnt go down for me once. Though i closed it while i went to a friends house and opened it there, so i count for two. As i always say, nothin like watchin a buncha muscly men with your friends.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 05:54:03 PM »
Didnt go down for me once. Though i closed it while i went to a friends house and opened it there, so i count for two. As i always say, nothin like watchin a buncha muscly men with your friends.

You shouldn't be watching it for the "buncha muscly men".  You should be watching it for moments like Arnold completely and totally owning Lou, Blechman, the Mayor, and Dexter all in a matter of ten minutes.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 06:00:49 PM »

You shouldn't be watching it for the "buncha muscly men".  You should be watching it for moments like Arnold completely and totally owning Lou, Blechman, the Mayor, and Dexter all in a matter of ten minutes.

somebody stick those 10 mins on youtube. :)
A

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 07:01:00 PM »
seriously chick thats very 1998 to read raw weblogs like that, I highly doubt that number is remotly close as far as those accessing the stream, front page site hits has nothing to do with people going to watch a stream

I understand you work for them and have to do whatever it takes to make them look bigger then they are but please most here are not your typical bodybuilding.com member some little kid with acne from taking fake sust

nothing personal just feel its stupid to come out with these bullshit numbers

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 07:10:22 PM »
I watched part of the show. Great feed. Lighting could have been like the Ironman because the black guys were too dark in many images.

Nice to have a choice of resolution. I tried the middle one and it froze on me. So I used the smaller size. Later I found if I closed all applications the medium size delivered.

I am grateful to be able to view these shows. Thanks to those who made this possible.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 07:10:24 PM »
seriously chick thats very 1998 to read raw weblogs like that, I highly doubt that number is remotly close as far as those accessing the stream, front page site hits has nothing to do with people going to watch a stream

I understand you work for them and have to do whatever it takes to make them look bigger then they are but please most here are not your typical bodybuilding.com member some little kid with acne from taking fake sust

nothing personal just feel its stupid to come out with these bullshit numbers

Most people in the industry have learned that Getbig just isn't the place to be peddling bullshit.  For some reason, Bob never got that memo.

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 07:22:45 PM »

117,328 total

I take it you arent that important in the normal working world. You maybe someone here but you would be the butt of all jokes when you have to go to your first childs private school fund raiser/dinner.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 07:27:19 PM »

Um, does anyone actually care?  ???

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 07:28:24 PM »
No one really cares but I guess they knew we would get some lame report from Bob. Thats the funny part.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 07:35:55 PM »

Most people in the industry have learned that Getbig just isn't the place to be peddling bullshit.  For some reason, Bob never got that memo.

Apparently, you didn;t either, and have over 12,000 posts to prove it.

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 07:37:52 PM »
Apparently, you didn;t either, and have over 12,000 posts to prove it.

Bob you have 5 thousand!!!! How in gods green earth at 40 years old did you accomplish that? Well when you are rich with nothing else to do I am sure that getbig can be entertaining.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2008, 07:46:48 PM »
Bob you have 5 thousand!!!! How in gods green earth at 40 years old did you accomplish that? Well when you are rich with nothing else to do I am sure that getbig can be entertaining.

Yes, morons like yourself provide some great entertainment..keep up the good work!

PRAXIS

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2008, 07:49:21 PM »
Yes, morons like yourself provide some great entertainment..keep up the good work!

Bob I think you should be the last person here calling anyone a moron. I log on here to laugh here and there. With 5 thousand posts it seems like you have 3 finges pointing right back.