Author Topic: Dave Tate - Lean 250 pounds  (Read 5755 times)

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
Dave Tate - Lean 250 pounds
« on: February 18, 2012, 06:40:48 AM »
Probably old news but he's even leaner these days. Funny how small he looks for a lean 250 (according to his log)

yates fan

• Getbig III
Re: Dave Tate
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 06:53:39 AM »
is this the dave tate from elite fitness?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 06:55:44 AM »
is this the dave tate from elite fitness?

No. Just the same name.

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 06:58:41 AM »

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
Re: Dave Tate - Lean 250 pounds
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 07:19:11 AM »
he looks small

NineGeez

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 08:00:01 AM »
looks 205 not 250,, lol

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 08:33:19 AM »
makes me feel good ,ill start saying I weigh 290

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 08:38:35 AM »
he looks like shit

hope this helps

therealyoungguns

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 08:40:43 AM »
must be natural now.

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 08:45:38 AM »
Trains like Branch.

Tears his muscles like Branch.

Same cause, same shitty effect. :-\

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 08:48:56 AM »
how can he tear muscles when he is the bruce lee of bench form?

Voland

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • when you go scat you never come back ;)
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 08:50:03 AM »
wasted.
Boundary Breaker

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 10:11:43 AM »
If he's 250 then I'm 300 with abs.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 10:39:29 AM »
If he's 250 then I'm 300 with abs.

:)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 11:34:53 AM »
flat as a pancake

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 12:20:52 PM »
Chains for rows make zero fucking sense too. You are stronger near the bottom of rows, so use something that makes it harder near the top and easier in the stretch.  ???

EliteFILTS  ::)

I had the same thought...also he is using momentum and still not getting a full ROM most people go way too heavy on that movement.  he is clearly no exception.

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 02:03:15 PM »
holy shit, what happened to the hamster cheeks?  :o

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 02:05:20 PM »
looks small from "with in"

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 03:50:35 PM »
The smallest 250 ever.

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »
holy shit, what happened to the hamster cheeks?  :o

Lowered the dose. :D

Would love to see what he was using at his heaviest, this was a guy that would supposedly eat 10k cals in junk every day, you know he didn't give a fuck about his health.

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 04:21:57 PM »
Lowered the dose. :D

Would love to see what he was using at his heaviest, this was a guy that would supposedly eat 10k cals in junk every day, you know he didn't give a fuck about his health.

and his nutritional advice looks like

There was a time at the Old Westside gym where I couldn't gain weight to save my ****ing life.

There was this dude who trained there who could just put on weight like ****ing magic. He'd go from 198 to 308 and then to 275 and back down to 198. And he was never fat. It was amazing.

I finally asked him one day how he did it.

"You mean I never told you the secret to gaining weight? Come outside and I'll fill you in."

Now remember, we're at Westside Barbell. And this guy wants to go outside to talk so no one else can hear. Think about that for a minute. What the hell is he going to tell me? This must be some serious **** if we have to go outside, I thought.

So we get outside and he starts talking.

"For breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I don't care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that **** down and eat. That's your breakfast."

At this point I'm thinking this guy is nuts. But he's completely serious.

"For lunch you're gonna eat Chinese food. Now I don't want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG bull****. I don't care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You can't let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter."

"For dinner you're gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don't like sardines, don't put 'em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that ****er up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that **** over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the **** out of it."

"Now before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that ****er. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals."

This guy is in a zen-like state when he's talking about this.

"Now you're on the clock," he continues. "After 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you you're full. Don't listen to that ****. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. I'm telling you now, you're going to get three or four pieces in and you're gonna want to quit. You ****ing can't quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.

And if you can't finish it, don't you ever come back to me and tell me you can't gain weight. 'Cause I'm gonna tell you that you don't give a **** about getting bigger and you don't care how much you lift!"

Did I do it? Hell yeah. Started the next day and did it for two months. Went from 260 pounds to 297 pounds. And I didn't get much fatter. One of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, though.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 07:10:39 PM »
and his nutritional advice looks like

There was a time at the Old Westside gym where I couldn't gain weight to save my ****ing life.

There was this dude who trained there who could just put on weight like ****ing magic. He'd go from 198 to 308 and then to 275 and back down to 198. And he was never fat. It was amazing.

I finally asked him one day how he did it.

"You mean I never told you the secret to gaining weight? Come outside and I'll fill you in."

Now remember, we're at Westside Barbell. And this guy wants to go outside to talk so no one else can hear. Think about that for a minute. What the hell is he going to tell me? This must be some serious **** if we have to go outside, I thought.

So we get outside and he starts talking.

"For breakfast you need to eat four of those breakfast sandwiches from McDonalds. I don't care which ones you get, but make sure to get four. Order four hash browns, too. Now grab two packs of mayonnaise and put them on the hash browns and then slip them into the sandwiches. Squish that **** down and eat. That's your breakfast."

At this point I'm thinking this guy is nuts. But he's completely serious.

"For lunch you're gonna eat Chinese food. Now I don't want you eating that crappy stuff. You wanna get the stuff with MSG. None of that non-MSG bull****. I don't care what you eat but you have to sit down and eat for at least 45 minutes straight. You can't let go of the fork. Eat until your eyes swell up and become slits and you start to look like the woman behind the counter."

"For dinner you're gonna order an extra-large pizza with everything on it. Literally everything. If you don't like sardines, don't put 'em on, but anything else that you like you have to load it on there. After you pay the delivery guy, I want you to take the pie to your coffee table, open that ****er up, and grab a bottle of oil. It can be olive oil, canola oil, whatever. Anything but motor oil. And I want you to pour that **** over the pie until half of the bottle is gone. Just soak the **** out of it."

"Now before you lay into it, I want you to sit on your couch and just stare at that ****er. I want you to understand that that pizza right there is keeping you from your goals."

This guy is in a zen-like state when he's talking about this.

"Now you're on the clock," he continues. "After 20 minutes your brain is going to tell you you're full. Don't listen to that ****. You have to try and eat as much of the pizza as you can before that 20-minute mark. Double up pieces if you have to. I'm telling you now, you're going to get three or four pieces in and you're gonna want to quit. You ****ing can't quit. You have to sit on that couch until every piece is done.

And if you can't finish it, don't you ever come back to me and tell me you can't gain weight. 'Cause I'm gonna tell you that you don't give a **** about getting bigger and you don't care how much you lift!"

Did I do it? Hell yeah. Started the next day and did it for two months. Went from 260 pounds to 297 pounds. And I didn't get much fatter. One of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, though.

The "And I didn't get much fatter" was a nice touch  ;)

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 04:58:01 AM »
The "And I didn't get much fatter" was a nice touch  ;)
adding a bucket of water to a swimming pool is hardly noticeable