Author Topic: Study says men more concerned than women with other men’s bodies  (Read 2035 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Eye-tracking study suggests men are more concerned than women with other men’s upper bodies

(study presumably performed by getbigger)

https://www.psypost.org/2019/12/eye-tracking-study-suggests-men-are-more-concerned-than-women-with-other-mens-upper-bodies-55074

For their study, the researchers tracked the eye movements of 82 heterosexual undergraduate students as they viewed and rated the attractiveness of three male and three female 3D models, which varied in their shoulder-to-hip ratio.

They found significant differences in how men and women judged the attractiveness of the male and female models.

“Our study showed that men rate men with larger upper body sizes more attractive and rate women with smaller shoulders (smaller upper body) more attractive, while women preferred an intermediate size of shoulders for both men and women,” Pazhoohi told PsyPost.

The researchers also found that men dwelled longer on the chest region of male 3D models with higher shoulder-to-hip ratios, while women showed no differences in visual attention to chests of the male models.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Study says men more concerned than women with other men’s bodies
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 01:28:41 PM »
She should have done a study on women's attraction to a man based on the size of his wallet.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 02:17:06 PM »
I noticed some women care about men's looks. Some women couldn't care less what a man looks like. I don't understand it.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 02:26:25 PM »
Phil is screwed either way. Poor Phil can't catch a break.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 04:42:42 PM »
I noticed some women care about men's looks. Some women couldn't care less what a man looks like. I don't understand it.

The ones that say they don't care are either lying or ugly themselves.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 05:29:10 PM »
Study funded in part by donations from former-puny-kids-with-sand-kicked-in-their-faces.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 05:32:34 PM »
Phil is screwed either way. Poor Phil can't catch a break.

Looool!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 06:07:55 PM »
Did they stare longer than women at other parts of the male bodies too? Maybe it just takes longer to determine if someone else is going to find something attractive than to find it attractive yourself. But that conclusion will get you less future grants than being the guy who proved conclusively that men are obsessed with other men's chests.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2019, 06:19:20 PM »
there is a great book all bodybuilders need to read "adonis complex" by MD Harrison Pope Jr.

goe into detail the extreme men to be good looking.

and i am super fucking guilty to the extreme

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2019, 07:26:18 PM »
Eye-tracking study suggests men are more concerned than women with other men’s upper bodies

That's big bullshit, I only see good pussy on the beach !.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2019, 03:19:18 AM »
See my first post.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2019, 03:34:30 AM »
Women most likely are more concerned with other women's bodies also,

Competition.

Atlas pump

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2019, 04:08:08 AM »
As I grow older I notice a lot of hot women tend to just settle down with mediocre men and hot looks tend to be less prevalent when choosing partners. Having a good career, assets and values among a compatible personality tends to be the deciding factor contrary to what people believe.

Women want to be with men that can provide a comfortable future which tends to be foreseeable in what they have accomplished

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2019, 05:56:49 AM »
I got my share of jealousy from men in my heyday.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2019, 08:01:22 AM »
As I grow older I notice a lot of hot women tend to just settle down with mediocre men and hot looks tend to be less prevalent when choosing partners. Having a good career, assets and values among a compatible personality tends to be the deciding factor contrary to what people believe.

Women want to be with men that can provide a comfortable future which tends to be foreseeable in what they have accomplished

Some "hotter women" also have a tendency to choose guys a few rungs beneath them appearance-wise because they think it will help ensure fidelity.

You can always infer a certain amount of bs from studies like this that result in headlines like this, but this study seems to be arguing that women and men inherently have different standards of beauty/attraction. Women also seemed to have a different benchmark for what female bodies looked best.