Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board
Obama CIA pick- The lurch left begins
(1/9) > >>
headhuntersix:
From Blackfive.net........... .....

I will continue to attempt to give Obama the benefit of the doubt, but picking Leon Panetta to run the CIA is absolutely ludicrous. Since his left wing vetoed John Brennan for the crime of having served while W was President, even though he opposed most of the programs they hate, Obama has now picked someone they can't object to because he doesn't know a damn thing about intelligence. Panetta has no ties to any intel related activities beyond doing some accounting work on their budgets. He is absolutely unqualified to serve, but since he served as Clinton's Chief of Staff I guess Barry figures he will be able to sweep any unhelpful intel under the carpet.

The article has folks lauding his managerial skills. Well hey that's nice but this isn't an episode of "The Office" this is our national security. Panetta is a dependable Democrat hack and Obama has just showed he values that over our ability to know what is going on around the world. I would continue, but this is so fundamentally lame and sorry that it would be redundant. Leon Panetta? How long do you think Gates will last before he goes thump, thump, thump under the bus. This pick rates an F.

headhuntersix:
He's not only a hack, but a hack with a history of disliking the CIA (dating back at least to his days with Clinton). A lot of the budget cuts he pushed for back then were what led to the horrible intel situation of the late 1990s to September 2001.....

Sorry I really can't understand this pick other then to marginalize the big bad CIA. Last time somebody did this they didn't enjoy Dallas all that much.

headhuntersix:
Taken by surprise was Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., incoming chairwoman of the Select Senate Intelligence Committee.

"I was not informed about the selection of Leon Panetta to be the CIA director. I know nothing about this, other than what I've read. My position has consistently been that I believe the agency is best-served by having an intelligence professional in charge at this time," Feinstein said in a written statement.

Senior Democratic sources told FOX News Feinstein had put forward the name of Steven Kappes, a career officer at the CIA.

FOX News has learned that outgoing Intelligence Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., does not approve of the Panetta pick either. Rockefeller, according to one official, also put forward Kappes for CIA chief.

Sen. Kit Bond, the top Republican on the Intelligence Committee, released a statement saying he would "be looking hard at Panetta's intelligence expertise and qualifications."

Based on a handful of conversations among those linked to the intelligence community, Panetta's name was not on any of the watch lists circulating in Washington. Some of those who spoke with FOX News noted that if confirmed, Panetta, 70, will become the oldest person to become CIA director, a position considered to be extremely rigorous.

They also noted that since Panetta served as chief of staff for Clinton, he will surely face questions about the Clinton administration terror policy and what critics saw as "dropping the ball" in the 1990s.

If confirmed, the move will be another sign that the Obama administration is trying to make a "clean break" from what they have described as the Bush administration's heavy counter-terror policies over intelligence-gathering.

A senior U.S. intelligence official noted that Hayden has increased morale at the CIA to its highest in years, the mission has a clear focus and successes notable.

Playing offense against terrorists and countering weapons proliferation are among those successes. Those efforts have saved lives and helped keep the country safe, the official said. Hayden has done a lot of good over there at the CIA. If in fact that is the decision that has been made, he will have left the place in far better shape than he found it, the official added. 

The search for Obama's new CIA chief had been stalled since November, when John Brennan, Obama's transition intelligence adviser, abruptly withdrew his name from consideration. Brennan said his potential nomination had sparked outrage among civil rights and human rights groups, who argued that he had not been outspoken enough in his condemnation of President Bush's policies.

Since when do leftwing douchebags have a say in our Intel community. If thats not troubling to everybody, I don't know what is. These people don't understand the threat nor the world we live in.
tendonitis:
Does Barry have a bag full of Clinton flunkie names and he just pulls a name out of it and they get the next position he needs to fill.

Seriously this is getting ridiculous. Where's all the change he ran on, hell where's any change. 

Panetta is nothing but another Democratic Clinton hack. Can't we at least get someone actually qualified for such an important position.
Soul Crusher:

--- Quote from: tendonitis on January 05, 2009, 04:53:12 PM ---Does Barry have a bag full of Clinton flunkie names and he just pulls a name out of it and they get the next position he needs to fill.

Seriously this is getting ridiculous. Where's all the change he ran on, hell where's any change. 

Panetta is nothing but another Democratic Clinton hack. Can't we at least get someone actually qualified for such an important position.

--- End quote ---

The fools who voted for this clown are already trying their hardest to explain away this mess.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version