Author Topic: Your most bizarre workout..more stupid the better. This should be a sticky, Ron.  (Read 7717 times)

Simple Simon

I was starting at the new gym few years back, and after complete chest, triceps and biceps workout I found this machine, and it seem to be good idea to test it...

Well, it wasn't very good idea. In fact it was one of the worst ideas ever, because after few minutes it start to feel odd, and when I stopped, I could not move my hands because they were pumped to the max and beyond. I sit in the locker room quite some time but the pump went only harder and harder. In the shower I couldn't reach my hair to wash it, so jump in my clothes and hurried home. My wife have to feed me because my arms were useless, but I thought it would be better tomorrow. It was worse, because whole upper body was sore as hell from training and from that enormous pump. I couldn't go to work because I have no hands to work with, so I stay home for 3 days  ;D :'(
I think you stumbled on a Basile Biceps Supinator

Ropo

• Getbig IV
1. ...and then you woke up
2. As authentic as Alex Jones diet plan.

Do not take my word for it, just try it yourself, in fact I challenge you to try it for yourself  ;D

Ropo

• Getbig IV

That is stationary bike for arms. Lactic acid flood of peace  ;D

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
I think he is on here more then you think  ;) Give Ron a bit of credit. He isn't stupid.

Approve my gimmicks in the queue

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
Did You make noticeable gains on that year and a half you did this?? ???

Not really. But I was a typical stubborn stupid teenager. Figuring I'll grow faster as I got older. I didn't start making any sort of improvement until the sets were lowered. The more I lowered them, the better. Until eventually I got to what I thought was a sweet spot. Which was just a fraction of what it was.

But this experience pretty much leaves me immune to the bullshit some people spout about overtraining being impossible. 

Henda

• Getbig V
When first bought a bench and weights and knew fuck all about training and wanted to build chest muscles so would lift after school for an hour just repeating sets of 10 for the hour, then repeated the same workout before bed for another hour.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
When i was a kid I sometimes set the alarm clock exactly 36 hours after the last workout, to train again. 36 Hours was ideal, I read in some Weider magazine.....

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
When i was a kid I sometimes set the alarm clock exactly 36 hours after the last workout, to train again. 36 Hours was ideal, I read in some Weider magazine.....

I remember Steve Reeves saying that in his book

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
I was at my strongest following Mentzer's routines in Heavy Duty II. 1 workout per week. Gained muscle as well but it was hard on my joints and even though it worked I felt I should be working out more and went back to working out multiple days per week.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
I gained a 1/2 on my arms in one week stretching them and working them.

Twice a day...

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Post your most bizarre workout from hell as a beginner or later on...
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2016, 02:56:25 AM »
this may be true

I've been training my tris every 48 hrs and they are noticeably bigger

everything is actually bigger as I've gained a little over 5 kilo in 2 weeks but it seems my tris have grown the most which is exactly what I'm trying to do, i.e. spot gain mostly on my arms and pecs BABY

Then imagine how much bigger they would be if you trained them every 12 hours? How about every six hours? Basile speculated how much gains could be made if you trained 8 hours everyday seven days a week.

Why not? As long as you eat enough and get a good nights sleep.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Several years back I experimented with super slow chin-ups on the assisted chin-up machine.  Each rep was 10 seconds (5 seconds positive, 5 seconds negative)  Was grueling as fuck for my back and my biceps.  But holy fuck, the strength I developed after just 6 weeks of doing these was incredible.  After doing the super slow chin-ups for a month and a half, regular chin-ups were a breeze.

So how many chins could you do before and then after the month of SS training? And how many can you do now after several more years of training?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
Several years back I experimented with super slow chin-ups on the assisted chin-up machine.  Each rep was 10 seconds (5 seconds positive, 5 seconds negative)  Was grueling as fuck for my back and my biceps.  But holy fuck, the strength I developed after just 6 weeks of doing these was incredible.  After doing the super slow chin-ups for a month and a half, regular chin-ups were a breeze.
The problem with these kinds of workouts, and with Heavy Duty and dogcrapp and stuff, is that although they may actually deliver, they are not fun to do. The best workout is the one you won't quit...

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2016, 01:31:37 PM »
You cant overtrain, only under eat and under rest.

Hands down the stupidest post you've ever made.

Simple Simon

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2016, 02:05:47 PM »
Hands down the stupidest post you've ever made.
Its in keeping with the rest of the thread you dumb fuck...

Meaningless

• Getbig III
I got a set of dumbells from my dad when I was 15, about 10lbs I think they were. I literally didn't know any exercise apart from bicep curls. I would do them everyday. I worked up to doing 600 reps with them, in sets of 50-100. Then I would drink a liter of milk and goto bed. The pump was intense and it actually did make my arms grow.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2016, 09:23:55 AM »
Its in keeping with the rest of the thread you dumb fuck...
Can't you be a bit more friendly, BT ?
It makes one feel happy to be considered friendly.

Says Dr Dutch

Simple Simon

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2016, 09:29:01 AM »

Says Dr Dutch
I am friendly, I dont mean anything I write on here.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2016, 09:30:43 AM »

Says Dr Dutch
I don't know. That post kind of deserved that type of response.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2016, 09:32:19 AM »
I am friendly, I dont mean anything I write on here.
haha at least you're funny too, besides being a asshole.... :D

Simple Simon

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2016, 09:34:54 AM »
haha at least you're funny too, besides being a asshole.... :D
;D

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017

"

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2016, 10:02:12 AM »
;D
OK from now on I consider you a Dude... ;D 8)