Author Topic: I think we're all in agreement here?  (Read 1355 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I think we're all in agreement here?
« on: December 14, 2008, 09:27:29 PM »
LOL... this is some serious bullshit...

Fed won't reveal names of recipients of $2 trillion

The Federal Reserve refused a request from Bloomberg News to reveal the recipient of $2 trillion in emergency loans paid for by U.S. taxpayers.

After Bloomberg filed an open records request through the Freedom of Information Act, the fed answered by arguing that it's allowed to withhold information, including memos and trade secrets.

Bloomberg has filed a lawsuit against the Federal Reserve system as of Friday, demanding the documents be disclosed.

Representative David Scott, a Georgia Democrat, said Americans had "been bamboozled."

"If they told us what they held, we would know the potential losses that the government may take and that’s what they don’t want us to know," said Carlos Mendez, a senior managing director at New York-based ICP Capital LLC, which oversees $22 billion in assets.

It's possible the Federal Reserve is refusing to name the recipients out of concern that it would have a negative impact on sales in the market.

Some of the borrowers included Lehmann Bros, Citigroup, and JP Morgan Chase. The following is an excerpt from a Digital Journal article:

"The banks definitely don’t like it. They’re worried about a negative sales effect, which could aggravate the existing situation and maybe cause a run on the banks.

"Shades of 1929 in that one, and if nobody’s too happy about this situation, it’s because there’s an unholy smell of frying fat coming from places it’s not supposed to be coming from."

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: I think we're all in agreement here?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 09:41:10 PM »
No doubt... Biggest problem with the Reserve is no oversight.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 10:00:30 PM »
 These thieving, lying motherfvckers already know that the majority of Americans don't have a clue as to whats going on because loading up on beer and watching the boob tube is a lot more exciting than giving a shit about where their money is going. When the people have been dumbed down as much as they have been, it's easy to get away with whatever, whenever.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 10:37:18 PM »
These thieving, lying motherfvckers already know that the majority of Americans don't have a clue as to whats going on because loading up on beer and watching the boob tube is a lot more exciting than giving a shit about where their money is going. When the people have been dumbed down as much as they have been, it's easy to get away with whatever, whenever.

They can't do a damn thing about it anyways.... So what's the point in worrying?

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 10:41:48 PM »
good article 240 and good read man.......though RIDICULOUS!!!

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 01:23:49 AM »
we're fuct

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 07:40:59 AM »
They can't do a damn thing about it anyways.... So what's the point in worrying?

If that were the case than woman still wouldnt be able to vote, blacks would still be slaves, no one would ever hear of Ghandi, etc..where there is a WILL there is a way, but thats the thing that's lacking. The American people have turned into passive, mindless zombies.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 07:53:38 AM »
PAULSON NEEDS A JAIL CELL ALONG WITH MADOFF, BUSH, AND REST OF THE CRIMINALS.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 07:55:17 AM »
What is to stop Paulson from writing a check to one of his personal corporations or a bank he has a nin-disclosed huge interest in????????????

The congress should be fired immediately for not overseeing this.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 08:05:13 AM »
What is to stop Paulson from writing a check to one of his personal corporations or a bank he has a nin-disclosed huge interest in????????????

The honor system?  LMAO...

yeah, they could have just written a trillion dollars worth of checks to Bush, Cheney, and anyone else.  We'll never know.

And it's only the republicans in senate who are standing up to this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 08:40:33 AM »
Representative David Scott, a Georgia Democrat, said Americans had "been bamboozled."

Typical politician.  Americans were 100 to 1 against it and were not fooled.  They called the congressscum and misrepresentatives and told them not to do it.

The congress went along with it anyway and look what happened????

As always, the taxpayers suffer because of the inept, greedy, and corrupt congress and WH.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 08:57:54 AM »
This is looking like the that last and greatest grand theft of the Bush Admin before he slinks out of town.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 07:21:20 PM »

Typical politician.  Americans were 100 to 1 against it and were not fooled.  They called the congressscum and misrepresentatives and told them not to do it.

The congress went along with it anyway and look what happened????

As always, the taxpayers suffer because of the inept, greedy, and corrupt congress and WH.

Same thing with Elijah Cummings, he voted for the bailout and now he's basically saying he/they got fooled. Uh, the majority of tax payers said fuck the TARP program and as you said, it still passed. I'm waiting for someone to say that no one could see it coming.

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 02:40:10 AM »

right on the money

Gino30

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 02:57:17 AM »
and here's what Citibank did with part of their billions

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/oct2008/gb20081010_639548.htm?

so let me sum is up like this -----> Citibank (top 2 banks in US) goes down in the sub-prime mess...their own doing of course via corrupt de-regulated borrowing practices (cocksuckers should go to jail for that alone)...anyway, for being so hopelessly bad at business and sending thousands of shareholders broke (their life savings gone), they get rewarded by the scum Fed Res (yes, that private bank made up of the morally insideous elite) with billions in bail-out money (~$50 billion) - your TAX PAYER money.....and what do they do with that cash ---> they send 2.5 billion to an Indian I.T. outsourcing company for cheap labour WHILE they downsize their U.S. based workforce and sack thousands of employees.....employees whose tax payer money went to their bail-out

are you fucking kidding me?

the Wizard of Oz feels more real than this reality....

America, how shall I say this, you're all fucked.....

get your head out of your asses.....the terrorists (bullshit fear concept) aren't the ones who you should worry about, it's your own Gov't and big business......get off your fucking fat asses, stop watching shit like FOX news, Bill mutherfucking O'reilly and Oprah......get mad you fuckers....get mad!!!!!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 07:55:46 AM »

get your head out of your asses.....the terrorists (bullshit fear concept) aren't the ones who you should worry about, it's your own Gov't and big business......get off your fucking fat asses, stop watching shit like FOX news, Bill mutherfucking O'reilly and Oprah......get mad you fuckers....get mad!!!!!

Now were talking!  ;D