Author Topic: Got blood work today  (Read 3733 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Got blood work today
« on: December 11, 2005, 04:38:58 PM »
I have a couple of concerns about some of the results from today's blood work.  My main concern was that my liver enzyme counts was at 59, below 40 is considered healthy.  Second, my cardiac enzyme was very, very high, above 600, but after a further test they believe it is more than likely from lifting weights not from heart trouble...even so it is a bit nerve racking.

I do not understand why my liver test came back so high.  They seem to think it is from ingesting large amounts of protein, especially shakes...that doesn't seem right to me...it has to be something else I would think.  I haven't been on anything (gear) in over 5 weeks, so I guess that might have a little to do with it, still not enough time for everything to come back to normal.

What kind of suggestions can you all make.  I really want to get back on cycle come the first of the year, more than likely about the middle of January. But I want to try and get this liver thing under control, and keep it under control.  Also any thoughts on the cardiac enzyme results are appreciated as well.

Last thing, if your not real up to speed on this kind of stuff please don't post a bunch of theory, I'd appreciate only replies from those of you with some experience with this, and who can give some sound advice.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Got blood work today
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 07:21:31 PM »
I have a couple of concerns about some of the results from today's blood work.  My main concern was that my liver enzyme counts was at 59, below 40 is considered healthy.  Second, my cardiac enzyme was very, very high, above 600, but after a further test they believe it is more than likely from lifting weights not from heart trouble...even so it is a bit nerve racking.

What kind of suggestions can you all make.

I'm going to need more specific information than "liver enzyme counts" and "cardiac enzyme counts".

There are specific names for certain aspects of each and those are what I need to give you any kind of opinion/advice.

Look at the labwork and give me exactly what it says, the readings, the numbers......

I have my own bloodwork so I'm familiar with that everything means, plus I've already had discussions with some Docs on my own time.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 08:26:25 PM »
Arnold jr.

The readings I need from you are:

Liver: ALT/AST

Lipids: Total Cholesterol, HDL/LDL

DIV

Mr.Protein

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 04:58:42 AM »
Arnold,
My test results also indicated elevated enzyme levels.  My AST and ALT levels were out of range and I had an ultra sound test performed see if there were any liver abnormalities.  The scan came back negative... no abnormalities were observed.

Hep. "C"  can cause elevated liver enzymes.  I tested reactive to a bloodtest to determine the presence of Hep."C".   A "viral load" Hep. "C" bloodtest was done  to see if the Hep. "C" virus was present/active.... it was not.   It seems our bodies continue to produce antibodies to combat the  Hep. "C" virus even after the virus itself is no longer active/present. The antibodies are what cause the reactive result... a more specific test is then performed to determine if the virus itself is present/active. 

What then was causing the elevated enzyme results?  The next diagnostic tool is a biopsy - now I'm friggin freakin :'(

One more test of the AST and ALT enzymes was performed after I didn't work out for a few days.  The results were now normal :D

Different labs use different reference ranges to determine whether the AST (SGOT) and ALT (SGPT) results are within normal limits.  The first lab used a reference range of 0 - 40.   My initial results were 53 and 59 respectively.

My alkaline phosphatase, albumin and bilirubin test results were also normal.  I'm not sure, exactly, what these last three things are.   I assume they are used to determine liver dysfunction and that is why my doctor had my levels of them tested.

THE BOTTOM LINE:  AST AND ALT ARE BY THEMSELVES NOT GOOD MARKERS OF LIVER DISEASE IN WEIGHT TRAINED ATHLETES.

Elevated AST and ALT values are merely flags to the reviewing physician that something MAY be wrong.

My elevated enzymes were most probably caused by the trauma to the muscle I caused lifting in the gym.

the price is great... so is the reward

BigIronMike25

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 10:18:28 AM »
Jarnold,

whats up bro??? Dont know if I qualify as giving sound advice but anyway i dont think i would worry too much about it....Like you said its only been 5 weeks so it may have not been long enough for the enzymes results to come back to normal...like the other guy said though, the cardiac enzyme doesnt usually measure weight training athletes' accurately....holla at me sometime bro, let me know something about the bulk oils...

Your brother,

MIKE

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 12:52:54 PM »
As far as liver enzymes are concerned, AST (SGOT) is more easily affected by exercise, as concentrations of this enzyme are high in multiple tissues outside of the liver.

ALT (SGPT) has it's highest concentration in the liver itself.

It's relatively common for HRT/TRT patients to have elevated liver enzymes.  This is normally a result of the liver having to work a little more to remove the drugs from the system, the same as it would with other medications.  Doctors will often temporarily stop medication when/if liver enzymes reach three times normal levels.

It doesn't sound too concerning if you're at 59 with a high normal range at 40.  I'll second what Division said though in giving us more detail on the lab readings.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 01:00:19 PM »
I have been tested as having high liver enzymes too, and i have never once done a cycle!  The most i've ever consistently ate, protein wise, is 300 g/day for about 5 months....i don't know what it is....
:-)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 02:50:43 PM »
Arnold jr.

The readings I need from you are:

Liver: ALT/AST

Lipids: Total Cholesterol, HDL/LDL

DIV
Bear with me, It's gonna be a little bit before I can get those numbers posted.  I have a buddy who works in the lab at the hospital and he runs these "checks" for me periodically sort of under the radar... no doctor visits, no waiting, etc.  I just talked to him a few minutes ago and he left my readings at the lab yesterday and said that they more than likely got thrown away.  He doesn't work in the lab again until the weekend so I'll go back and have everything checked again and give you  more precise info.  Having this guy has been really handy.  At one time there was another guy who worked there with him who was able to test gear to see if it was up to par. He's not there any more, but were trying to find another person there who will do that for us.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 05:44:29 PM »
Bear with me, It's gonna be a little bit before I can get those numbers posted.  I have a buddy who works in the lab at the hospital and he runs these "checks" for me periodically sort of under the radar... no doctor visits, no waiting, etc.  I just talked to him a few minutes ago and he left my readings at the lab yesterday and said that they more than likely got thrown away.  He doesn't work in the lab again until the weekend so I'll go back and have everything checked again and give you  more precise info.  Having this guy has been really handy.  At one time there was another guy who worked there with him who was able to test gear to see if it was up to par. He's not there any more, but were trying to find another person there who will do that for us.

Cool.......let us know when you get the specific readings I need.

Also, if you do find someone who will test gear under the radar, I am curious to see if Syrus and QV are really as good as I think they are.

I might donate some Deca and Tren to science.

DIV

gammahydroxy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 06:41:17 PM »
Cool.......let us know when you get the specific readings I need.

Also, if you do find someone who will test gear under the radar, I am curious to see if Syrus and QV are really as good as I think they are.

DIV

Last i heard Most QV products were on target.....they were only underdosed by a milligram or two, for the injectables..
musclegurus.com

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 07:06:29 PM »
Last i heard Most QV products were on target.....they were only underdosed by a milligram or two, for the injectables..

Well they have a website that has all their products with lots# and batch#, and you can literally match up what you have and see what it tested out as.

I've never seen anything underdosed from them, most of it was overdosed.

Saw some Deca QV300 that contained 324mg/mL.

DIV

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 02:35:34 PM »

DIV

Please, call me "Science..."   ;D

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 05:07:08 PM »
Please, call me "Science..."   ;D

Henceforth, you're name is now:  Freaker.

DIV

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2005, 06:07:50 AM »
Henceforth, you're name is now:  Freaker.

DIV

Hey, it beats "flounder".

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 08:56:50 AM »
Liver numbers were up to after neer being anywhere near bad.  It was due tot he amounts of Ibprofen I was taking.  I was taking about 3600mg a day.  I think that what it was they were 800mg each.  They helped with my pain in my leg and lower back.  I quit talking them and now the numbers are back to normal.