Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo  (Read 62231 times)

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2008, 09:43:25 PM »
Well said Chaos,

It's an honor to have you here to answer questions Chris...

When you diet down for a show, you mentioned your macronutrients are around 250carbs, 350protein, and you said relatively low fat.

Do you cycle your carbs?  Or do you just keep the carbs at around 250grams and use cardio and Intense gym sessions to burn the fat off?
I don't cycle my carbs at all.  I keep them consistant throughout the entire 12 weeks of dieting.  Yes, my cardio, training and posing sessions gets me into that dry shredded stage that I strive for in every show.  My offseason nutrition plays a key role in this phase also.  Iam fairly lean in the offseasn due to the fact that I eat clean everyday.  I can't express how important it is to view my DVD.  I can answer your questions on these boards but it doesn't really show the true picture of what I do from wake up to bedtime.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2008, 09:48:40 PM »
sorry chris, my thread on the g&o got out of hand. Its half and half who believe you, but you should take that as a compliment. ;)
Being trashed on the G&O makes me train and focus harder in the gym.  I love those who don't believe that I am 100% Natural.  Yes, I do take it as a compliment but sometimes it gets very irritating knowing how much work I have put into this whole thing.

Azn Muscle

• Getbig III
  • Team Nasser Forum at www.FavorMob.com/hugenasser
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2008, 12:58:12 AM »
Chris,

You look amazing bro!  Don't let these haters hiding behind their keyboards get you down, I know every one of them would trade their physique for yours in an instant!  Its good to see a fellow local boy doing well (I grew up in Manoa, live in CA now), and I am interested in picking up your DVD as I am a natural trainer myself and it seems like there aren't that many DVDs featuring naturals.  Can you tell me whats covered in your DVD?  Is it basically pre-contest prep stuff?  It seems like you got a lotta footage in there, and I'm just curious to know what you cover because it really doesn't say much about the DVD on your website (maybe I missed it?).  Anyway keep posting here too, you are an inspiration and resource to the board.  Thanks.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2008, 01:58:13 AM »
Totally classic pic. Can you or anyone tell me the USA Team Members in that pic?
From left to right:
Chris Faildo(LightWeight) ,    Darrell Monson (Light-HeavyWeight) ,   Earl Snyder(BantamWeight) ,Skip LaCour(HeavyWeight) , Yohnnie Shambourger(MiddleWeight)

BTW, Kiyoshi Moody ,Light-HeavyWeight winner of 2007 Team Universe will guestpose in Osaka ,Japan July 20th .(and I will guestposing too)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2008, 02:20:03 AM »
From left to right:
Chris Faildo(LightWeight) ,    Darrell Monson (Light-HeavyWeight) ,   Earl Snyder(BantamWeight) ,Skip LaCour(HeavyWeight) , Yohnnie Shambourger(MiddleWeight)

BTW, Kiyoshi Moody ,Light-HeavyWeight winner of 2007 Team Universe will guestpose in Osaka ,Japan July 20th .(and I will guestposing too)

if kiyoshi moody is a natural i'm alexander the great  ::)

chris must get so pissed of when he see's guys like that on the stage obviously full of drugs >:(
175lbs by 31st July

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2008, 02:27:54 AM »

chris must get so pissed of when he see's guys like that on the stage obviously full of drugs >:(
Sorry guys,
I have no idea about him .

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2008, 06:54:33 AM »
I don't cycle my carbs at all.  I keep them consistant throughout the entire 12 weeks of dieting.  Yes, my cardio, training and posing sessions gets me into that dry shredded stage that I strive for in every show.  My offseason nutrition plays a key role in this phase also.  Iam fairly lean in the offseasn due to the fact that I eat clean everyday.  I can't express how important it is to view my DVD.  I can answer your questions on these boards but it doesn't really show the true picture of what I do from wake up to bedtime.

It's great to have you here, share info and answer questions. You have a very impressive physique and i hope you stay around! The Positive board has become a great section now with so many knowledgable people posting that i visit it at least once a day.

From your macro ratios i'm guessing your calories are around 3300 a day, correct? sure seems to work for you!

tank u jesus

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2008, 08:27:31 AM »

Thanks Chris, I actually ordered your DVD last Wednesday so I should have it in this week.

What particular foods do you consume while dieting?  Do you feel that there are a particular few that you should stick to when trying to cut fat, or do you just try to keep your macros consistent and eat whatever it takes to get there?
Air Falcon

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2008, 01:37:08 PM »
Chris,

You look amazing bro!  Don't let these haters hiding behind their keyboards get you down, I know every one of them would trade their physique for yours in an instant!  Its good to see a fellow local boy doing well (I grew up in Manoa, live in CA now), and I am interested in picking up your DVD as I am a natural trainer myself and it seems like there aren't that many DVDs featuring naturals.  Can you tell me whats covered in your DVD?  Is it basically pre-contest prep stuff?  It seems like you got a lotta footage in there, and I'm just curious to know what you cover because it really doesn't say much about the DVD on your website (maybe I missed it?).  Anyway keep posting here too, you are an inspiration and resource to the board.  Thanks.
Aloha AZN, thank you for considering purchasing my DVD.  The DVD covers everything that I do on a daily basis.  Mitsuru Okabe captured me 3 weeks out from The World Championships, training, eating, preping and cooking my meals, spending time with my family, walking the dog, training my clients at Golds, posing sessions, down the beach posing, tanning, and alot more extras.  The interview portion reveals it all and this DVD is a must get!  It is a bit long (6hours+) but very informative and entertaining. I would recommed getting a copy today at www.cfaildo.com

Derik_Farnsworth

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2008, 01:38:33 PM »
chris  great to see you posting , i 'm like you, let them think what they want,   all that matters at end of day is being true to ourselves, natural for life pros , talk to you soon!

Derik

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2008, 01:41:21 PM »
From left to right:

Muscle Center, you are correct with the USA Team.  Kiyoshi Moody is a perfect guest psoer for that show.  He will bring the house down.  I know you will too.  I wish I was coming to Japan this year.  I had two guest posing appearances in Japan this year but both were canceled due to not letting any IFBB Pros guest pose in Japan anymore. Do you know anything about this?  

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2008, 01:48:51 PM »

Kiyoshi and I are good friends and I totally believe he is natural.  We spent a week together in Korea and he's a class act.  He will be doing the Team Universe again and I wish him the best of luck.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2008, 01:50:04 PM »
It's great to have you here, share info and answer questions. You have a very impressive physique and i hope you stay around! The Positive board has become a great section now with so many knowledgable people posting that i visit it at least once a day.

From your macro ratios i'm guessing your calories are around 3300 a day, correct? sure seems to work for you!

That is correct.  Maybe a little more.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2008, 01:53:24 PM »
Thanks Chris, I actually ordered your DVD last Wednesday so I should have it in this week.

What particular foods do you consume while dieting?  Do you feel that there are a particular few that you should stick to when trying to cut fat, or do you just try to keep your macros consistent and eat whatever it takes to get there?
I am very anal about my nutrition everyday.  I consume eggs, chicken, steak and protein shakes for my protein intake and oatmeal, rice, and veggies for my carbs.  It's alsways the same!  You will see it soon on the DVD. Give me a review when your done watching it.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2008, 01:54:57 PM »
chris  great to see you posting , i 'm like you, let them think what they want,   all that matters at end of day is being true to ourselves, natural for life pros , talk to you soon!

Derik
What's up Quads! Are you still squating and making those things bigger?  When's the next show?  Hope all is well.

Derik_Farnsworth

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2008, 02:01:49 PM »
ahahh   not  the crazee weight like back then,  but  did  405 for 30 on my dvd ten weeks out from last yrs europa...  doin the europa in  5 1/2 weeks,  going to use these shredded pics of you as inpiration... might see you at the   la. championships , i;ll def   try and run into you!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2008, 04:04:27 PM »
ahahh   not  the crazee weight like back then,  but  did  405 for 30 on my dvd ten weeks out from last yrs europa...  doin the europa in  5 1/2 weeks,  going to use these shredded pics of you as inpiration... might see you at the   la. championships , i;ll def   try and run into you!

Glad to see you posting here Derik, your welcomed to post here on the positive board, start a thread of your own, do whatever u want. Unlike the other boards on getbig, pros are welcomed here :)

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2008, 10:03:40 PM »
Question on the shoulder training segment. I noticed you did full range of motion lateral raises, supersetted w/ heavy partial lateral raises. I might have to give these a try, just wanted to know the reasoning behind this technique.  Finished disc 1, halfway through disc 2, and I must say this is the most informative, and entertaining bodybuilding dvd in my collection! I've got the Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman, and the Titans series videos, and they all put me to slêep! My girlfriend actually watched this video with me, and she has A.D.D!
Team Willet
Max-OT

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2008, 07:17:44 PM »
Question on the shoulder training segment. I noticed you did full range of motion lateral raises, supersetted w/ heavy partial lateral raises. I might have to give these a try, just wanted to know the reasoning behind this technique.  Finished disc 1, halfway through disc 2, and I must say this is the most informative, and entertaining bodybuilding dvd in my collection! I've got the Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman, and the Titans series videos, and they all put me to slêep! My girlfriend actually watched this video with me, and she has A.D.D!
I'm glad you enjoyed the DVD.  I've been geting alot of positive feedback about it too.  Thanks!  As for my shoulder routine- partial laterials were done to stimulate more of my laterial head.  This is very important for me to do since I need to creat a better V-Taper.  It's all about balance and creating a perfect illusion on stage.  Cap those delts by using that movement and you'll notice a huge difference in the way your body looks. Good luck bro.

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2008, 10:27:07 PM »
Can't wait to give it a try on my next shoulder day.  Another exercise that looks interesting is the bent over arc dumbell rows on your second back day.  Are there any other unique exercises you usually do as well? Also, what's your take on diet soda? I noticed you didn't drink any.  Some say it doesn't affect fat burning, and others say to avoid it. 
Team Willet
Max-OT

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2008, 12:02:06 PM »
Chris, 
I thoroughly enjoyed your DVD, and will recommend it to others.  Your nutritional segments were very well organized and constructed.  I will definitley try your marination methods soon. ;D  You seem to live a very pleasant lifestyle out in Hawaii.  Very motivational
Air Falcon

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2008, 12:13:26 PM »
Take a hike! You know what I mean by OTC. Guys like you make me train like a mad man.

I have always been a fan pf your physique, and am thrilled to see you answering questions on here.
You are proof that a bodybuilding doesn't have to weigh 250 plus lbs to look very impressive.
Sadly, naysayers will blame any impressive physique on "all drugs".
Good luck and hit it hard , you ripped hurricane ;D
Howard

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2008, 12:56:18 PM »
Its amazing how your diet is so strict, yet you eat it everyday for six months! i give you credit, you deserve all your success. stay off the G&O boards,Chris nothing but negativity there.  love your dogs, sugar bear? and Phi Phi girl, great to come home to looks like.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2008, 01:37:43 PM »
Chris, 
I thoroughly enjoyed your DVD, and will recommend it to others.  Your nutritional segments were very well organized and constructed.  I will definitley try your marination methods soon. ;D  You seem to live a very pleasant lifestyle out in Hawaii.  Very motivational
Thank you.  I'm glad you liked the DVD.  Living in Hawaii is great. 

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2008, 01:40:39 PM »
I have always been a fan pf your physique, and am thrilled to see you answering questions on here.
You are proof that a bodybuilding doesn't have to weigh 250 plus lbs to look very impressive.
Sadly, naysayers will blame any impressive physique on "all drugs".
Good luck and hit it hard , you ripped hurricane ;D
Howard
Haward, I take great pride in being a natural bodybuilder.  Yes it takes tons of hard work and sacrifices but I wouldn't change it for anything. My passion for the sport is what drives me everyday. Who cares what others think, at the end of the day it's all about what you have done and accomplished.  Train hard and believe.