Author Topic: For weed smokers ...  (Read 21699 times)

deadpan

• Getbig IV
Re: For weed smokers ...
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2013, 06:19:41 AM »
I had access to sativas or indicas and all ratios of mixes of the two. Lots of cross strains with kush. Some Blueberry,  juicy fruit,  ak47, Champaign, different skunk varieties, white widow, white rhino. Too many to name them all in all my years.  Stopped smoking a few years ago but did just about everything else with weed that a person can do, from growing to selling to cooking with it back in the day.

I loved growing it but the paranoia I started to develop after smoking it for so many years took the enjoyment away.

wait, so were you paying $50 from a dealer, or was that your growing costs? well in any case it doesn't really matter, i've gone through like 5 dealers and a bunch of friends and $100 is about the cheapest you can get in my area  :-\  i wish it was $50

i actually stopped getting paranoia after a while, had it at first but it went away

problem was my tolerance got so ridiculously high that in the amounts i had to smoke it, it was starting to put me to sleep. but i'd probably still be smoking it anyways if it wasn't for the man >:(

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2013, 06:26:27 AM »
Serious question. Health risks aside, does anyone have a regular weed-smoking friend who isn't messed up in some regard? Sh*t or no job, can't keep a job, messed up marriage, messed up kids, etc?

Regular pot use never seems to translate into success from what I've personally seen.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2013, 06:30:13 AM »
Serious question. Health risks aside, does anyone have a regular weed-smoking friend who isn't messed up in some regard? Sh*t or no job, can't keep a job, messed up marriage, messed up kids, etc?

Regular pot use never seems to translate into success from what I've personally seen.

Sir Richard Branson smokes pot, I'd call him successful. But that's just me, you may have a different view  :)

MP

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2013, 06:41:05 AM »
Got a source for that?

I Googled and found where he admitted to smoking with his son, asking Obama for a joint at the White House and saying occasional use isn't bad. But I don't see anywhere where he says he smokes regularly.

I found this list, but it seems everyone on it either admitted to smoking in the past, or occasional use:

http://coed.com/2009/02/06/the-10-most-successful-potheads-on-the-planet-cool-enough-to-admit-it/

I'm talking regular use. I've still yet to come across someone who smokes regularly and keeps everything together. They always have some issues in their life.

I don't think there is anything wrong with occasional use, but doing it daily means you're having issues dealing with reality.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2013, 06:43:27 AM »
Yes, I'd love to argue semantics with you  ::)

Do you have a source for your assertion that every day smokers are "messed up" in some "regard"?

MP

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2013, 06:48:39 AM »
Semantics? Huh? There's a big difference between regular use and occasional use. I thought I was pretty clear. Maybe you just got baked?  ;D

Anyway, I clearly stated that from my own personal observations, this is what I've seen: Regular users aren't successful in life.

Maybe you're a regular user and consider yourself successful? OK then, you fall into the winner column.

Let's see some examples of regular users who are successful. Either they themselves, friends, or perhaps "famous" people.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2013, 06:55:24 AM »
Got a source for that?

I Googled and found where he admitted to smoking with his son, asking Obama for a joint at the White House and saying occasional use isn't bad. But I don't see anywhere where he says he smokes regularly.

I found this list, but it seems everyone on it either admitted to smoking in the past, or occasional use:

http://coed.com/2009/02/06/the-10-most-successful-potheads-on-the-planet-cool-enough-to-admit-it/

I'm talking regular use. I've still yet to come across someone who smokes regularly and keeps everything together. They always have some issues in their life.

I don't think there is anything wrong with occasional use, but doing it daily means you're having issues dealing with reality.

well let's see, my friend is a chem major, has a job, makes straight A's, is in fucking mensa and plays the market on the side and smokes every day, i don't think he has issues dealing with reality.

put it to you this way, how many do you know who smoke tobacco or drink alcohol or caffeine or take prescription anxiety drugs on a daily basis and aren't "messed up in some way"? i'd say hacking and coughing up phlegm every day and yelling at your friends because you haven't had your daily fix of whatever or needing a drink every night just to fall asleep could be considered "messed up in some way".

and how exactly do you quantify "messed up in some way" vs "successful"? is someone successful because they slave away 50 hours a week at some job they hate to make more money than they need and drive a benz even though 95% of the time it doesn't even go over 50?

stop letting society and the government dictate what you think. as long as someone can provide for themselves and are genuinely happy with their life, they're successful. regardless if they live like a king or a pauper.

MP

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2013, 07:00:17 AM »
What defines success is obviously a longer discussion. Certainly, it's not all about money.

I'll keep it real simple, let's just say not being a fuck-up is success for this discussion. (i.e., keeping a marriage together, not committing crimes, setting the right example so your kids don't have kids before they are married, etc.)

Your friend is a student and it's great that he's doing well. But, once he moves on to the next phase of life (with perhaps a wife, kids and more professional job), would he still continue his regular use you think?

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2013, 07:16:01 AM »
What defines success is obviously a longer discussion. Certainly, it's not all about money.

I'll keep it real simple, let's just say not being a fuck-up is success for this discussion. (i.e., keeping a marriage together, not committing crimes, setting the right example so your kids don't have kids before they are married, etc.)

Your friend is a student and it's great that he's doing well. But, once he moves on to the next phase of life (with perhaps a wife, kids and more professional job), would he still continue his regular use you think?

i can't say for sure. it would depend on his job and whether or not it drug tests. he's already said he doesn't want kids or a wife. perhaps his opinion will change on the subject as he gets older, but there's a definite trend of upper-class people having less kids than the lower classes. he's also mentioned that he doesn't want to work a day job all his life and wants to be his own boss, ie starting a company and/or making money via passive income, investments, rental properties, etc.

which segues into my next point; i still don't agree with the notion that success = wife + kids + white collar job. it's great if you're happy with that way of life, but it's not for everyone. and as for the "not committing crimes part", well that's kinda self evident considering the act of smoking weed in itself is already committing a crime.

which begs the question, are these "fuck-ups" as you call them that way because of some inherent quality in weed that makes them that way (your theory), or because the government won't let them have a job and be successful, by virtue of making it illegal, thus driving them into becoming "fuck-ups"?

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2013, 08:37:34 AM »
Cannabis smokers show greater lung capacity and lower cancer levels than non-smokers

http://www.naturalnews.com/035980_cannabis_smokers_cancer.html

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2013, 09:57:28 AM »
the point I was making was that the weed isn't the killer it's the peripheral shit like the selling of weed. Just like cars aren't to blame in cases of alcohol or DUI's, it's not a fair analogy.

Hitler was a christian :D

AHAHAHAH!!!  Yes, ole Hitler was a Christian!  Tremendous man of God doing God's inspired work!!    :P ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2013, 01:05:41 PM »
wait, so were you paying $50 from a dealer, or was that your growing costs? well in any case it doesn't really matter, i've gone through like 5 dealers and a bunch of friends and $100 is about the cheapest you can get in my area  :-\  i wish it was $50

i actually stopped getting paranoia after a while, had it at first but it went away

problem was my tolerance got so ridiculously high that in the amounts i had to smoke it, it was starting to put me to sleep. but i'd probably still be smoking it anyways if it wasn't for the man >:(

When I quite growing and had to buy I never paid more then 50 bucks a quarter. When I grew and sold,  I sold quarters for 50, ounces for 150-170, quarter pound for 600-700, etc..  but it was all dependant on the market at the time as well.  When there was a lot of good weed around that was the average price.  When things got dry,  prices would go up.  I guess it also depends on your social circle.  If everyone you know is growing or selling and buying you can't sell for 100 a quarter cause no one would buy from you.  Lol prices for pounds would be higher depending on the buyer and where the final destination for the product would be too. Lots of factors effected price but $100 a quarter at the time and place that I was doing things was unheard of.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2013, 01:44:34 PM »
I smoke daily and am a doctor with several degrees? I am successful I think. I am messed up but I kinda live two lives. One is professional me who is a fake, it's my qualities magnified and my faults minimized. At home I am pretty laid back mess who is easy to get along with and just wants to have fun.

I have a "gifted iq" and am considered smart by my peers.

However, that's professional life, I don't really consider that life. My job is just that a job I do to live my life or to have the life I want.

I work to live not live to work.

I know others like me who are quite well off and doing well. I then know a few fuck-ups, but I feel they would be fuck ups without it and the others successful without it.

My dingaling is really long thick and veiny, it's varicosed even. I had to shunt the arterial blood from my femoral artery to my weiner so I don't die.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2013, 02:06:40 PM »
When I quite growing and had to buy I never paid more then 50 bucks a quarter. When I grew and sold,  I sold quarters for 50, ounces for 150-170, quarter pound for 600-700, etc..  but it was all dependant on the market at the time as well.  When there was a lot of good weed around that was the average price.  When things got dry,  prices would go up.  I guess it also depends on your social circle.  If everyone you know is growing or selling and buying you can't sell for 100 a quarter cause no one would buy from you.  Lol prices for pounds would be higher depending on the buyer and where the final destination for the product would be too. Lots of factors effected price but $100 a quarter at the time and place that I was doing things was unheard of.

yeah, must've just been a different time/market. i wish i could find it for cheaper but short of growing it, i doubt i will do much better. i don't smoke anymore so it doesn't really matter but i'd like to take it back up again someday when i have more financial freedom.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2013, 03:10:35 PM »
I actually know several pot heads that are extremely successful.  Some of them smoke heavily and are able to live a very normal life.  A few of them you would never know smoked weed all day long.  I used to smoke back in the day, but it made me lazy, although i believe that is more in my head than driven by weed.  Back in college i used to smoke almost every night and never had any issues, but i didn't smoke as often as most people i knew back then.

One of my best friends is a very successful architect, works for one of the largest firms in the nation, makes a shitload of cash.  He smokes every day when he gets home from work and all weekend.  I've never seen him act lazy or even weird, he's just a very laid back guy who is by far one of the most intelligent and overall interesting people I've met in my life.  He balances it all out easily, says it helps him deal with stress and focus on living a good life.

8)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2013, 03:12:58 PM »
I rather be around a pot head than a drunk.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2013, 03:15:54 PM »
I rather be around a pot head than a drunk.

I don't smoke anymore, but i feel the same.  I also believe that drinking causes far more legal and social issues than weed could ever cause.  Most of the drunks i know are raging lunatics, while all the pot heads i know are cool people who just like to relax and have fun.

Also, I've never met an aggressive person who was high on weed.  Quite the opposite for a drunk.

8)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2013, 03:16:43 PM »
There's nothing wrong with pot. AT ALL.

Pot is safer than all drugs.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2013, 03:21:07 PM »
I've experimented with many substances and by far the one that's cause me more problems is alcohol when used in excess. But relying on any substance to get you through life is a weakness. We all have them I guess, you really do have to pick your poison but there are far worse options than weed.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2013, 03:36:45 PM »
I've experimented with many substances and by far the one that's cause me more problems is alcohol when used in excess. But relying on any substance to get you through life is a weakness. We all have them I guess, you really do have to pick your poison but there are far worse options than weed.

I never knew how many people are dependent of substances until I got out of the military almost 5 years ago. Whether it's wine, booze, pills or hard shit. There are obvious problems and it's not coming from just one demographic, it's everyone. Rich, poor, black, white, straight, gay.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2013, 03:43:32 PM »
I never knew how many people are dependent of substances until I got out of the military almost 5 years ago. Whether it's wine, booze, pills or hard shit. There are obvious problems and it's not coming from just one demographic, it's everyone. Rich, poor, black, white, straight, gay.

Yeah but it's not only chemicals. Chances are if there's something you enjoy doing and do it often you will get hooked. This can be food, exercise, gambling, drugs, internet etc.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2013, 03:49:52 PM »
Yeah but it's not only chemicals. Chances are if there's something you enjoy doing and do it often you will get hooked. This can be food, exercise, gambling, drugs, internet etc.
If you wake up from sleep, everyone is addicted to something. Nature of the human being, of course somethings are worse than others.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2013, 03:52:59 PM »
If you wake up from sleep, everyone is addicted to something. Nature of the human being, of course somethings are worse than others.

That's exactly it.

Hell, if I don't hit the gym after few days I start getting withdrawal symptoms lol

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2013, 03:54:52 PM »
Man o man, could you imagine the people if the supply of all drugs and alcohol dried up, Lets say from...Economic collapse? People coming off SSRIs    :-X People stopping cold turkey years of opiate and benzo abuse  :-X Meth and Heroin addicts  :-X :-X :-X Even people from cigarettes. Here is your zombie apocalypse.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2013, 03:58:55 PM »
Man o man, could you imagine the people if the supply of all drugs and alcohol dried up, Lets say from...Economic collapse? People coming off SSRIs    :-X People stopping cold turkey years of opiate and benzo abuse  :-X Meth and Heroin addicts  :-X :-X :-X Even people from cigarettes. Here is your zombie apocalypse.

hell you can have a seizure and die if you come off benzos cold turkey