Author Topic: The reagan assasination attempt.  (Read 4805 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The reagan assasination attempt.
« on: March 15, 2007, 11:58:01 AM »
Wow, an incredibly interesting, terrible day.

"Bush Son Had Dinner Plans With Hinckley Brother Before Shooting"
-Associated Press (March 31, 1981)

Was it just a bizarre coincidence that one of the sons of then Vice President George Bush Sr. had dinner plans with the brother of John Hinckley Jr. that was scheduled for the day after the shooting?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: The reagan assasination attempt.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 12:01:03 PM »
Who would have benefited if Reagan had died?

"George H.W. Bush.  Reagan's main opponent for the 1980 GOP presidential nomination."

Bush had planned "nine lives" a drill in which he would be sworn in as President, the next day, coincidentally.

Bush led the investigation.

And didn't Bush 2 later give Hinckley (the shooter) parole rights?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 12:03:23 PM »
LOL!  Another one.  Oh brother.  It never ends.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »
The Attempted Assassination of Ronald Reagan<br><br></span></center><p>Talk about a small world!  At about 2:30 in the afternoon of March 30, 1981, it became positively microscopic.

<p>Crouching on the sidewalk in front of the Washington Hilton, a young man who modeled himself on Robert DeNiro's not-so-right Travis Bickle character from the movie, <I>Taxi Driver</I>, drew a bead on the new president.  Steadying his .22-caliber pistol in both hands, John Hinckley, Jr., began firing explosive "devastator" bullets at Ronald Reagan.  In the ensuing pandemonium, the sixth slug found its mark.

<p>Apparently, before Secret Service agents could muscle the elderly president into his bulletproof limo, a shot had ricocheted off the armored sedan's fender, plowing into Reagan's armpit and puncturing the Gipper's lung.  Had Hinckley scored a more direct hit that day, Vice President George Bush almost certainly would have ascended to the presidency, sloughing off his second-banana status eight years ahead of schedule.

<p>Small world, indeed.  For that very same day, John Hinckley's older brother, Scott, had a dinner date with an old friend of the family: Neil Bush, son of the vice president.  What some saw as merely an odd coincidence prompted more conspiratorially attuned eyebrows to arch like divining rods.  After all, what are the odds of the president's constitutional successor and the president's would-be assassin knowing each other?  Probably zero.

<p>But the Bushes and Hinckleys went way back, to Texas of the 1960s, where both George Bush and John Hinckley, Sr., had amassed personal fortunes in the booming oil industry.  Both were blue bloods who circulated in the same privileged circles, which the transplanted aristocrats liked to call their "Texas Raj."

<p>Of course, socializing with the prominent family of a would-be assassin is hardly a hanging offense.  Still, in the foggy nebula of a forming conspiracy hypothesis, circumstantial details have a way of radiating suspicious import:<blockquote>

In the NBC special reports aired immediately after the shooting, correspondent Judy Woodruff said that at least one shot was fired from the hotel, <I>above</I> Reagan's limousine.  She later elaborated, saying a Secret Service agent had fired that shot from the hotel overhang.  Could Reagan's wound have been inflicted by friendly fire?  Or, more ominously, did Woodruff glimpse a bona fide "second gunman" - a la JFK in Dealey Plaza?  Either way, Woodruff's account might explain how a slug managed to strike Reagan when his limo's bulletproof door stood between him and Hinckley.  Sizing up the Hinckley-Bush nexus, conspiracy researcher John Judge has theoretically dubbed this "the shot from the Bushy knoll."

<p>According to conspiratologist Barbara Honegger, White House correspondent Sarah McClendon made the somewhat more subjective comment that Reagan's Secret Service retinue wasn't in its "usual tight formation" around Reagan in front of the Hilton.  Were the Gipper's bodyguards out to throw the game?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 12:04:28 PM »
September 10, 2001 : George H.W. Bush is with a brother of Osama bin Laden at a Carlyle business conference. The conference is interrupted the next day by 9/11 attacks. – Washington Post

As Philip Marlowe observed of the Sternwoods in The Big Sleep, the Bushes seem to be a family that things happen to.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 12:05:36 PM »
Then there was Hinckley, himself.  The Jodie Foster obsessed space cadet had been prescribed psychoactive drugs by a hometown psychiatrist.  According to press reports, at the time of the shooting he was dosed with Valium.  Before targeting Reagan (supposedly to gain the "fame" that would redeem him in the eyes of Foster and the world), Hinckley had stalked Senator Ted Kennedy and President Jimmy Carter.  He devoured books on Sirhan Sirhan, Robert Kennedy's assassin (suspected by many conspiracy researchers to have been hypnotically programmed), and Arthur Bremer, who shot George Wallace.  Theorists ask the inevitable questions: Was Hinckley a mind-controlled assassin, a Manchurian Candidate programmed to "terminate with extreme prejudice"?  They point to the CIA's longtime obsession with mind control and the fact that during the 1980 presidential primaries, Bush - the former director of Central Intelligence - enjoyed the zealous support of Agency regulars, who preferred their former boss to Reagan.

<p>For an antisocial pariah, Hinckley sure got around.  In October 1980, he had flown to Nebraska in an attempt to contact a member of the American Nazi Party.  Columnist Jack Anderson later claimed that Hinckley had ties to an American faction of the pro-Khomeini "Islamic Guerrilla Army."  According to conspiracy author Barbara Honegger, a member of that group told Anderson he had warned the Secret Service about Hinckley's designs on Reagan - two months before the shooting.  If Anderson's source is to be believed, the Secret Service did nothing to stop the Jihad-happy gunman.

<p>The day after his Nazi-seeking mission, Hinckley flew to Nashville to stalk Jimmy Carter, but was arrested at the airport when authorities discovered three handguns in his suitcase.  Oddly, after only five hours in custody, this unstable character - who had attempted to transport weapons across state lines and into a city soon to be visited by the president of the United States - was fined and released without further ado.  Even more oddly, the authorities apparently didn't bother to examine his journal, which in Dear Diary fashion, detailed Hinckley's plans to kill Carter.  Was this a case of bumbling negligence or something more ominous?

<p>Finally, a pall of suspicion quite naturally fell over George "Poppy" Bush, the preppy achiever and future president whose spooky pedigree was longer than a Texas limo.  Bush's father Prescott Bush, Sr., had served as an army intelligence operative during World War I.  Perhaps determined to prove himself a chip off the old block, George, like father Bush before him, joined Skull and Bones, the elite Yale "society" that weaned more than a few powerhouse polls, Wall Street lions, and CIA superstars.  Of course, everyone knows that much later in his life, Bush leap-grogged the career spies and became director of the CIA, where he deftly curtailed congressional investigations into various Agency misdeeds that had begun to ooze into public view following the wildcat gusher that was Watergate.</blockquote>

<p>Of course, there is circumstantial evidence - denied by Bush - that he did in fact pay his dues to the Agency long before becoming its head honcho spook. As a young oilman, Bush founded Zapata Offshore Oil Company, which according to one former CIA operative, was used by the Agency as a front for clandestine operations during the early 1960s.  "I know [Bush] was involved [with the CIA] in the Caribbean," the ex-CIA man told the <I>Nation</I> in 1988.  Interestingly, according to retired colonel Fletcher Prouty, who acted as liaison between the Pentagon and CIA during the 1961 Bay  Pigs invasion, that disastrous operation was code-named Zapata, while two Navy ships assigned to the attacking armada had been rechristened <I>Houston </I>and <I>Barbara</I>.  Could these have been sentimental references to Bush's adopted home and the future First Lady?

<p>More evidence that George Bush had been a spook with portfolio as far back as the early 1960s would surface during the 1988 presidential campaign.  Joseph McBride, writing in the <I>Nation</I>, caused a stir when he reported on an interesting FBI memorandum signed by director J. Edgar Hoover, addressed to the State Department, dated November 28, 1963, and bearing the subject heading, "Assassination of President John F. Kennedy November 22, 1963."  In it, Hoover reports that the FBI had briefed "Mr. George Bush of the Central Intelligence Agency" about the reaction of anti-Castro Cubans in Miami to the assassination.  Twenty-five years after Hoover sent his memo, Bush would deny that it referred to him.  "Must be another George Bush," a campaign flack muttered.

<p>The CIA agreed, and, breaking with its longstanding policy of "neither confirming nor denying" the identity of its personnel, claimed that the employee referred to in the memo was "apparently" one George William Bush, who had left the CIA in 1964.  Journalist McBride managed to track down the less famous Bush, who acknowledged that he had in fact worked for the CIA for about six months in 1964-1964.  But he certainly wasn't the George Bush of the memo, he said, because as a short-term "lowly researcher and analyst" he had never been briefed by the FBI or any other government agency, for that matter.  "Is that the other George Bush?" he asked.

<p>Indeed, there's another espionage link between George <I>Herbert Walker </I>Bush and outré characters orbiting the assassination of JFK.  When Lee Harvey Oswald moved to Texas, the socially maladroit young man made an unlikely friend in the suave Baron George De Mohrenschildt, a White Russian emigré connected to the oil industry and, some suspect, the CIA.  In 1978, Gaeton Fonzi, an investigator for the House Select Committee on Assassinations, called on De Mohrenshildt to question him about his unlikely friendship with Oswald.  The baron's daughter told Fonzi that De Mohrenshildt wasn't home, so the investigator left his business card and said he'd call again.  Later that day, Fonzi learned that De Mohrenshildt had returned home, gone upstairs, and lethally blasted his head with a .20-guage shotgun.  (That is, if he wasn't "suicided.")  When the police found him, the police found him, the Baron had Fonzi's card in his pocket.  In De Mohrenshildt's address book, Fonzi found this entry: "George H. W. (Poppy) 1412 Ohio also Zapata Petroleum Midland."

<p>If George Bush - the Skull and Bonesman who moved with equal ease among Eastern elites, Western oil tycoons, and Republican Party bosses - had also been a lifelong member of that fusty men's club of veteran intelligence operatives, his later fraternizing with the like of Manuel Noriega, the Iran-Contra boys, Bay of Pigs/Watergate godfather Dick Nixon, and "new Hitler" Saddam Hussein would certainly make a lot more sense.

<p>Of course, Bush's potentially Janus-faced background doesn't prove anything about the Hinckley hit.  But it does suggest an underrated capacity and talent for deception, which is what keeps conspiracy trackers focused on the Bushy Knoll.

<p>So where was George, the future conspiracy president, on the day of Hinckley's dirty deed?  Out of town, on official vice presidential business.  Hmm. 

<p>OK, you could probably demolish the whole Bush-Hinckley theory by posing a simple question: Assuming the vice president had "foreknowledge," why on earth would Poppy's son risk meeting with a Hinckley sibling on the <I>very day </I>of the coup?  Then again, we <I>are</I> talking about Neil Bush, whose common-sense deficit would later embarrass Dad when the Savings and Loan scandal made him its official poster child.

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »
 ::)  Oh boy, another conspiracy theory by 240.  At least this one wasn't about 9/11.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 01:53:01 PM »
::)  Oh boy, another conspiracy theory by 240.  At least this one wasn't about 9/11.

OKMike,

do you find it weird that Hinkley's breakfast had dinner with Bush's son that day?

Or that Bush planned a succession for the next day as a "drill"?

Or that Bush took control and investigated the whole thing himself, delivering the evidence quickly and cleanly and closing it to outside investigation?

Or, do you just call it all a coincidence?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 01:56:12 PM »
OKMike,

do you find it weird that Hinkley's breakfast had dinner with Bush's son that day?

Or that Bush took control and investigated the whole thing himself, delivering the evidence quickly and cleanly and closing it to outside investigation?

Do you have a source for every CT?

it's amazing.

You've got to have some other forum where you get all this from.

I do find it odd that  Hinkley's breakfast had dinner with Bush.   ;D

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »
OKMike,

I'm not sure what you meant by that.

Rob, you have to admit you do see conspiracy everywhere. You know, there are bits and pieces of almost any situation that if looked at a certain way can be interpreted as being part of a conspiracy, that doesn't mean there is one though.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 02:04:30 PM »
I'm not sure what you meant by that.

Rob, you have to admit you do see conspiracy everywhere. You know, there are bits and pieces of almost any situation that if looked at a certain way can be interpreted as being part of a conspiracy, that doesn't mean there is one though.

I don't agree with all of Rob's CT-izing.

But come on. Reagan is shot by a man whose brother is having dinner with the son of the man who will succeed Reagan as President? What are the odds of that? A million-to-one?

Then what are the odds of Bush also meeting with a relative of Osama bin Laden the day before the 9/11 attacks? Another million-to-one shot?

Look how the right's eyes were bleeding over the Vince Foster business. Their heads would have fucking exploded if Clinton had been at the center of two "coincidences" like that.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 02:09:21 PM »

But come on. Reagan is shot by a man whose brother is having dinner with the son of the man who will succeed Reagan as President? What are the odds of that? A million-to-one?

Then what are the odds of Bush also meeting with a relative of Osama bin Laden the day before the 9/11 attacks? Another million-to-one shot?

Look how the right's eyes were bleeding over the Vince Foster business. Their heads would have fucking exploded if Clinton had been at the center of two "coincidences" like that.

Are those two coincidences etched in stone facts? Are they indisputable? I'm not saying they aren't, I'm just asking if this can be refuted.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 02:34:53 PM »
Are those two coincidences etched in stone facts? Are they indisputable? I'm not saying they aren't, I'm just asking if this can be refuted.

The first was reported by the Associated Press. The second was reported by the Washington Post.

"Liberal rags", perhaps.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 02:44:54 PM »
use google to reasearch it.  AP reported the 1981 events in great detail and there are many people who believe it was an inside job.  The relationships between the family are pretty well-established too - the money and the oil ties.  Read about it and make your own call.

Also remember that Bush had left the powerful position of CIA director in 1979 to accept the role of VP.  So he was 18 months removed from being - arguably - the most powerful man on earth.  And he planned a 'practice' presidential succession drill the next day.  Just 2 months into Reagan's term.

many people (including judy woodruff) believed initially that a second shot had been fired from overhead, behind the ruckus.  That means hinkley was the patsy - the useful idiot to make a big scene and fire wildly, while the quiet sniper taps the one shot that matters.  

Or, another scenario -  incredibly scary - Reagan believed he was hit AFTER the agent landed on top of him.  Did the agent (who coincidentally was in JFK's security detail that day in 1963) actually pop reagan in the heart (the bullet missed his heart by a hair) IN the limo?

Like ribo said, even if you aren't into CTs, at least step back and look at the sheer number of coincidences, the obvious motive, and the fact Bush got to run the whole investigation... yikes.

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 02:50:48 PM »
OKMike,

Are these actual facts?  If so, why weren't they brought up long ago, like when it happened a quarter of a century ago or during his run for president?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 02:56:04 PM »
Are these actual facts?  If so, why weren't they brought up long ago, like when it happened a quarter of a century ago or during his run for president?

YES these are facts.  Reported by Associated Press. 

You tell me why they weren't brought up. 

"MY" guess is because Bush had just left the CIA director position, and as fmr. CIA director James Woosley said, the CIA heavily influences what the media will cover.  But that's just me.  I am sure you can come up with a more logical explanation.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 03:02:33 PM »
YES these are facts.  Reported by Associated Press. 

You tell me why they weren't brought up. 

"MY" guess is because Bush had just left the CIA director position, and as fmr. CIA director James Woosley said, the CIA heavily influences what the media will cover.  But that's just me.  I am sure you can come up with a more logical explanation.

Well, why didn't the press call bullshit on the lies to justify the Iraq war?

Or pursue the allegations of voter fraud in Ohio?

Why didn't every editorial page in the country demand Bush's resignation after he publicly boasted of committing felonies to spy on American citizens?

The media is now owned by a very small handful of very large corporations - whose only interest is a steady and rising revenue stream. Telling the sheeple that, while they were voting for American Idol, the country was hijacked by a fascist coup d'etat would be bad for business.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 03:34:21 PM »
Funny thing is...

If a wife is shot in the heart,
and her husband planned a wedding the next day...

They might not let the man investigate the shooting and call 'case closed'.

Of course, I guess a domestic attack warrants common sense, which we don't need when the attack is upon the most powerful man on earth.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 03:38:48 PM »
Wow, an incredibly interesting, terrible day.

"Bush Son Had Dinner Plans With Hinckley Brother Before Shooting"
-Associated Press (March 31, 1981)

Was it just a bizarre coincidence that one of the sons of then Vice President George Bush Sr. had dinner plans with the brother of John Hinckley Jr. that was scheduled for the day after the shooting?

That is odd!  :o

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 08:15:32 PM »
That is odd!  :o

Terrible that a great man like Reagan was shot.

incredibly interesting because of the one-in-a-million coincidences involving the man who was scheduled to take his job the next morning.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 10:59:52 PM »

Another question you might all ask is what are the odds of the top military General, commander of the US Armed forces,  not knowing the rules of succession in the event the prez is assassinated?"

Didn't anyone find it strange that in the midst of the immediate aftermath, General Alexander Haig came out and told the world that if Reagan died he'd be the one in charge, ...and NOT the VP?

What did Haig know that the rest of the world wasn't privy to?
Was he simply giving notice to those in the know, that the coup attempt would not succeed?
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 05:17:04 AM »
jag, tell us more about this?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 08:04:14 AM »
Don't you remember?

When reagan was in hospital, and everyone was speculating on whether he would survive the gunshot wound, people were wondering who was in charge, and Alexander Haig came out and made a public announcement saying that if Reagan died, he'd be in charge.

Alot of people ridiculed him at the time saying "Everyone knows in the death of a President, it's the VP who assumes power.", ...but I always thought there was much more to it than that. How could the top general not know the protocols or rules of succession? Think about it! I do know it's impossible to pull off a coup d'etat without having the military on your side. Perhaps Haig was sending a very strong message? Who knows? I doubt we ever will.  :-\

They patched up Reagan, and sent him back to the white house where he spent most of his time reminiscing about the good 'ol days in Hollywood his mind destroyed by Alzheimers without the public having the slightest clue he was so addled.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 08:08:30 AM »
I can't believe people just shrug this one off.

Bush would have inherited the presidency 70 days into this 70-year old man's term.
Bush ran the whole investigation
Bush's son met with shooter's brother that day.
Bush's family and the Hinckley's were close
Bush planned the ceremony for the succession BEFORE the shooting.

Incredible how naive some people are.

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 02:34:15 PM »
I can't believe people just shrug this one off.

Bush would have inherited the presidency 70 days into this 70-year old man's term.
Bush ran the whole investigation
Bush's son met with shooter's brother that day.
Bush's family and the Hinckley's were close
Bush planned the ceremony for the succession BEFORE the shooting.

Incredible how naive some people are.

Dog is barking under a new tree?