Author Topic: khan makes alexander his bitch  (Read 4942 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
khan makes alexander his bitch
« on: December 14, 2014, 11:51:13 AM »
Khan gave Alexander a boxing lesson

Looked at his all time best
T

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
Re: khan makes alexander his bitch
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 01:08:32 AM »
Do you think they'll let him fight Mayweather next?

About time well known names got together and clashed, boxing last 20 years has been seen the death of the heavy weights and the other divisions once in a while bring something good to the table but mostly it has been about avoiding each other (Pacquiao vs May springs to mind)
S

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 03:52:00 AM »
Devon made Khan look a lot better than he really is.
the commentators i felt done a great job in hyping up Khan, fact is Khan was hit a lot and should have been hit more and had that been FMW Khan would have been picked off.

no doubt Amir has the fastest hands around, but his balance is so bad its not funny! every time he threw 2's and 3's there were openings a better boxer would have capitalized on.

FMW embarrasses Khan, 2 different leagues.
Garcia also still beats Khan.
his last few fights, the opponents helped paper over the cracks because they were so poor.

Brook and Khan will be interesting!

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 06:08:06 AM »
The additional weight has steadied his legs a bit, but without a doubt Shawn Porter thrashed Alexander far harder than Khan did.

Alexander was very mediocre and had to will-to-win. He has always been flaky and looked for any route out of the Tim Bradley fight he could find when he cut his eye.

Khan looked impressive, but it always need to be considered in the context of the opponent - and unfortunately Alexander was poor.

Hopefully Amir gets the Mayweather gig, he should be easy to make as he has the same manager in Floyd (Al Haymon)

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 10:19:25 AM »
Devon made Khan look a lot better than he really is.
the commentators i felt done a great job in hyping up Khan, fact is Khan was hit a lot and should have been hit more and had that been FMW Khan would have been picked off.

no doubt Amir has the fastest hands around, but his balance is so bad its not funny! every time he threw 2's and 3's there were openings a better boxer would have capitalized on.

FMW embarrasses Khan, 2 different leagues.
Garcia also still beats Khan.
his last few fights, the opponents helped paper over the cracks because they were so poor.

Brook and Khan will be interesting!

Im  not a big kahn fan, but thats a very over the top negative view of the fight..... he showed pure class, still cant fight for a full round tho

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 03:03:14 PM »
Im  not a big kahn fan, but thats a very over the top negative view of the fight..... he showed pure class, still cant fight for a full round tho

this

great fighters make good fighters look poor

thats what happened

no doubt mayweather will school khan

but khan will hit him more than anyone else has

his handspeed is phenomenal
T

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 03:56:29 PM »
this

great fighters make good fighters look poor

thats what happened

no doubt mayweather will school khan

but khan will hit him more than anyone else has

his handspeed is phenomenal

his handspeed is unmatched mate your right, but his feet and body movements are miles behind. when he launches an attack - be it a combination counter or initiating from a jab, he moves forward in straight lines with his feet often lagging.

Virgil has helped address this to an extent but you saw as the fight went on, Khan do the same thing again and Devon had success in the 8th because of it. a better fighter than Devon would have taken advantage - like Danny Garcia,

just have to look at how Khan moves in his attack, as the fight goes on he'll drift back into the same habit and Floyd will embarrass him unfortunately.

timing always beats speed.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 07:07:36 AM »
his handspeed is unmatched mate your right, but his feet and body movements are miles behind. when he launches an attack - be it a combination counter or initiating from a jab, he moves forward in straight lines with his feet often lagging.

Virgil has helped address this to an extent but you saw as the fight went on, Khan do the same thing again and Devon had success in the 8th because of it. a better fighter than Devon would have taken advantage - like Danny Garcia,

just have to look at how Khan moves in his attack, as the fight goes on he'll drift back into the same habit and Floyd will embarrass him unfortunately.

timing always beats speed.

I agree that mayweather will school him

but khan showed real improvement in his foot work

and his ability to get in and out without leaving his chin in the air like he used to

my point is for the first few rounds khan will hit mayweather something no one has been able to do for years

I for one am interested to see how it affects mayweather

my guess is he will go dirty like he did against hatton

the ref will protect him too

T

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 07:26:45 AM »
I agree that mayweather will school him

but khan showed real improvement in his foot work

and his ability to get in and out without leaving his chin in the air like he used to

my point is for the first few rounds khan will hit mayweather something no one has been able to do for years

I for one am interested to see how it affects mayweather

my guess is he will go dirty like he did against hatton

the ref will protect him too

One thing I give Khan, is that he's not afraid to go out there and throw.

If he goes against Mayweather, I predict he will be able to slap Mayweather a few times, but the guy is waaaaay too experienced, he neutralised Hatton at a time when Hatton was breaking opponents bones, by the 3/4th round Hatton was as harmless as a Lamb and May dropped him eventually.
S

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 07:29:21 AM »
agree