Author Topic: bad wrist pain  (Read 865 times)

tbag

• Getbig II
bad wrist pain
« on: September 28, 2011, 04:34:38 AM »
latley i have been getting very bad wrist pain while doing biceps.everything hurts from dumbell curls to machine curls.i have tryed wrist wraps with no difference.

funny thing is it does not hurt on any other body part no matter how heavy i go.its just biceps.

any ideas what i could try to help this pain which can last for a couple of days after. ???

John O

• Getbig III
Re: bad wrist pain
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 09:40:55 AM »
Have you tried using an EZcurl bar for your curls? Might be just what you need to take some of the pressure off your wrist.
Masters- 50-54
148#

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »
Might suggest reverse BB curls, with a straight or EZ bar. Reverse BB curls are a very good exercise, which like so many good exercise, guy's seem to overlook. Lest stress on the wrist because of a more natural position for the hands (hang the hands from the side of the body and notice the position of the hands/wrist). Also might try a False Grip (thumbs over the bar) to see the results of that. The forearms can also gain from this exercise.

If wanting to, than return to regular curling after a few weeks. But you may still want to keep reverse curls in a bicep workout. Good Luck.
F

tbag

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 10:51:27 AM »
been useing ez bar last 4 days training arms after suggestion by another gym member and it was no better.i will try reverse bb curls see how that goes this week  ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »
been useing ez bar last 4 days training arms after suggestion by another gym member and it was no better.i will try reverse bb curls see how that goes this week  ;D
Maybe give your biceps a week or two off of direct training before trying new exercises.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!