Author Topic: Great exposé by Peter Jenning on Nutrition in America  (Read 866 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Great exposé by Peter Jenning on Nutrition in America
« on: September 15, 2008, 08:02:21 PM »

Great exposé by Peter Jennings on Nutrition in America

How the Food Industry is Deceiving You - pt. 1

How the Food Industry is Deceiving You - pt. 2

How the Food Industry is Deceiving You - pt. 3

How the Food Industry is Deceiving You - pt. 4

How the Food Industry is Deceiving You - pt 5
w

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Great exposé by Peter Jenning on Nutrition in America
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 11:33:01 PM »
I'm totally unsympathetic with people who eat themselves fat.  The ones that want to blame Coke and McDonalds for their obesity are the worst sort of irresponsible, and if you really believe that you can eat a healthy diet on movie theatre food, we'd prefer you to have a heart attack before you get the chance to breed.

The advertising to kids section was interesting tho.  I like to think I'd show my child what these commercials are really about so he/she could see through them, but I'd be lying if I said I had no concerns that these ads, exhaustively researched by child psychs, tested with kids for maximum effect, and tied so closely with beloved kid-world items like cartoons, movies, and popular kid culture, would exert more effect on my child by virtue of their design and frequency than I would be able to.  For an advertiser to aggressively undermine parental teachings about nutrition, and then blame the parents for their kid wanting the same crappy food that's in the ad, is especially shitty.