Author Topic: Happy Sunday  (Read 57821 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Happy Sunday
« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2015, 08:09:38 AM »
Amen! This why Christians share their faith and become emotional about their faith.

Like the words beneath my avatar:

Isaiah 40:28-31 - waiting patiently on and drawing strength from the Lord
Romans 10:9 - how to be saved and enter into righteousness with Lord
1 Peter 3:15 - sharing our faith with others about the Lord

Luke 19:10 - For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Acts 1:8 - But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2015, 08:15:08 AM »
1 Peter 3:15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek

1 Corinthians 1:17 - For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

Amazing they translated it so perfectly to get the point across in a clear way.

Ever seen the other books of the bible translated?  Why were those left out?

Seems odd that a man got to pick which parts of the bible to publish and which ones to conceal.  Also how a King gets to alter the version of the bible to fit his ideals.  Nothing bad could come of this.

I've read the bible a few times, it's got some great stories in it.  The King James version differs from the others.  Why is the KJB the "authorized" version?

Facinating stuff, so many translations, so many possibilities.  One truth, one faith.  Created by man.  Holy ghosts, magic, rivers of blood...all makes perfect sense.  I wonder how all of this would be viewed by today's standards?

Have faith people, it's all fun and games until the Messiah returns to kill everyone.

If the end of days comes and it's Tbombz, who whould take him seriously?  What if the Messiah already came and got locked up in the loony bin for doing some crazy terrorist shit?

Would the Messiah come to America or Jerusalem? 

8)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2015, 08:16:32 AM »
tell me , MOS, is it ok to step on atheist heads to get where you want to, in your daily life, at work, because you are a christian and deserve the best spots and opportunities because god chose you because you re a believer and they are not?

Fucking hypocrit. Fact is you ally with like minded people to fuck people who think differently and think that it happens thanks to god, when you re just an animal doing what he has to do to insure his own survival just like the rest of us.

We are animals before being spiritual. Spirituality is a result, product, of our animality.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #203 on: March 03, 2015, 08:17:21 AM »
Amazing they translated it so perfectly to get the point across in a clear way.

Ever seen the other books of the bible translated?  Why were those left out?

Seems odd that a man got to pick which parts of the bible to publish and which ones to conceal.  Also how a King gets to alter the version of the bible to fit his ideals.  Nothing bad could come of this.

I've read the bible a few times, it's got some great stories in it.  The King James version differs from the others.  Why is the KJB the "authorized" version?

Facinating stuff, so many translations, so many possibilities.  One truth, one faith.  Created by man.  Holy ghosts, magic, rivers of blood...all makes perfect sense.  I wonder how all of this would be viewed by today's standards?

Have faith people, it's all fun and games until the Messiah returns to kill everyone.

If the end of days comes and it's Tbombz, who whould take him seriously?  What if the Messiah already came and got locked up in the loony bin for doing some crazy terrorist shit?

Would the Messiah come to America or Jerusalem? 

8)

I'm not concerned about Jesus returning and murdering me as much as I am the Muslim hordes.  I know the Muslims hordes are real.
A

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: March 03, 2015, 08:29:25 AM »

I'm not concerned about Jesus returning and murdering me as much as I am the Muslim hordes.  I know the Muslims hordes are real.

Exactly.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #205 on: March 03, 2015, 08:30:59 AM »
tell me , MOS, is it ok to step on atheist heads to get where you want to, in your daily life, at work, because you are a christian and deserve the best spots and opportunities because god chose you because you re a believer and they are not?

Fucking hypocrit. Fact is you ally with like minded people to fuck people who think differently and think that it happens thanks to god, when you re just an animal doing what he has to do to insure his own survival just like the rest of us.

We are animals before being spiritual. Spirituality is a result, product, of our animality.

So I'm a hypocrite who steps on atheists to get where I want to be in life because I deserve the best spots in life because God chose me?  Alright.

Well, not that any of the following is any of your business whatsoever, but I'll go ahead and share given your post.

I put myself through college and have worked since I was 16.  Heck, I'm still paying those school loans off....few more years God willing.  

I'm currently the lowest paid member of my team at work and have been for a few years now; in fact, my pay is roughly 20% lower as compared to my similar peers.  

I've also almost been laid off 3 times in the last 6 years, but by the grace of God he's positioned me elsewhere within the company.  I literally prayed consistently for his guidance and the phone would randomly ring with offers from people I didn't know to transition which saved me from the layoffs.  Although, the transitions were the absolute most difficult, stressful challenging times in my career.  Went right through the fire in each of them, but learned a lot despite the stress.

I've taken meetings with my superiors in order to gain guidance on how to be promoted to new levels and projects.  

In my last two annual reviews my previous two supervisors told me that my greatest weakness was my humility and unwillingness to push people more.  

I did not take their council and instead have remained faithful in prayer and service at my work seeking the will of God for my life.  My regular prayers continually ask God to provide me clear direction, but above all that his will is fulfilled first whether that be I be promoted, lose my job, move to a new job or lose my life.

There was a great position that I was up for recently, but despite my tenure at the company it was given to another man who had only been with company for 18 months.  He is the sole provider for his family and this promotion made a tremendous, positive impact on his family and he was extremely grateful for it.  Despite my lower pay and position, the Lord has blessed my family with stability and the ability to tithe and give to others randomly.  Now,  I prayed for my coworker and his family, thanked the Lord for the blessing this man and his family received and then went to shake his hand and asked him to provide me any guidance he could to help me advance....he's also 10 years younger than me and a nonbeliever.

Hope that is helpful.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: March 03, 2015, 08:45:22 AM »
mos

do you accept that the meek will never inherit the earth

your post above is the tale of a meek man being fucked over by others not so encumbered
T

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #207 on: March 03, 2015, 08:46:59 AM »
mos

your post above is the tale of a meek man being fucked over by others not so encumbered

If the meek were the inherit the Earth the first thing they would do is abuse their new power. Some of the "meek" are only so because they lack the opportunity to be cruel.
A

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: March 03, 2015, 08:47:50 AM »
So I'm a hypocrite who steps on atheists to get where I want to be in life because I deserve the best spots in life because God chose me?  Alright.

yes, that s what you do, how you justify, explain, give a meaning to random events between other animals and you that are fighting for limited resources. You self convince yourself that you are in the right, and others are in the wrong. And most people on the planet do the same.

If you re really a true believer, why dont you leave the city, the overcompetition, the capitalist way of life, and go settle with mormons?

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #209 on: March 03, 2015, 08:57:17 AM »
If the meek were the inherit the Earth the first thing they would do is abuse their new power. Some of the "meek" are only so because they lack the opportunity to be cruel.
this. Beautiful, rich powerful people are ALL assholes, because they dont NEED to be nice. The weak IS FORCED TO BE NICE TO SURVIVE by submiting to the strong. Most people are just being nice because they have no other choice to insure their survival or the survival of their offspring, so they are submissive. And once the weak become strong, he becomes an asshole too. And the cycle repeats itself over and over generation after generation. People, kids, rise the ladder, earn, win, then lose, fail over and over and over again. Just like in all other animal species. Lifeforms try to adapt to the competition, survive to random life threatening events. We are toyed around by randomness and try to keep our heads above the water until one day we cant anymore. This is how things work, everything else is fairytales sugarcoating the true reality.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #210 on: March 03, 2015, 08:57:54 AM »
Do you personally desire to know the reality of God in your life?   Do you want to know him?

I think you know my answer to that.
X

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2015, 09:06:12 AM »
this thread would put an insomniac to sleep.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2015, 09:08:29 AM »

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: March 03, 2015, 09:08:54 AM »
this thread would put an insomniac to sleep.

It gave me narcolepsy.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: March 03, 2015, 09:15:15 AM »
we all take pleasure in seeing other fail (except if we need these people to survive to maintain or improve our own odds of survival), because we re designed by nature, evolution  to do so. because we re fucking animals, nothing more. Even a religious person takes pleasure in seeing someone of a different belief suffer and fail, especially if they re in competition for access to a limited resource that would insure or improve their own odds of survival. This is all there is to know.
We all take pleasure in watching our favorite team we identify with beat the ''other team'', we all instinctively take pleasure, have ''fun'' experiencing , contemplating, other people demise, especially if they are ''in the other team''. What team you belong to and are conditionned to defend entirely depends of absurd randomness.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2015, 09:40:49 AM »
mos

I'm perfectly fine with the world keeping this world and all it has to offer them.....I choose to be with my savior where he dwells.

This world is not meant for the body of Christ.  The "army of meek" will inherit the earth, but after it is made new.   It sounds hokey to some I know....I'm fine with it.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2015, 09:44:49 AM »
No win discussion.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2015, 09:48:17 AM »
yes, that s what you do, how you justify, explain, give a meaning to random events between other animals and you that are fighting for limited resources. You self convince yourself that you are in the right, and others are in the wrong. And most people on the planet do the same.

If you re really a true believer, why dont you leave the city, the overcompetition, the capitalist way of life, and go settle with mormons?

Just to be clear, you said I was in the right....those are your words. 

Not a mormon.

Why didn't Jesus Christ hole up somewhere cool with his disciples and party while he was here?   

Instead, he went into the towns, the cities, the places of government, the temple and he visited among the poor, the wretched, the infirm, the prostitutes, the thieves, the beggars, the tax collectors, the widows, the children, the abandoned, the demon possessed, the desparate......he dwelt among all those that needed him most.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2015, 09:49:51 AM »
I think you know my answer to that.

I do.  Your answer is no.  

Since that's your choice you won't understand faith and how it matures or how Christ reveals himself through the Holy Spirit.

Doesn't have to be that way though.....all I'm saying my friend.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: March 03, 2015, 09:52:51 AM »
No win discussion.

I post in these types of threads not to win the discussion. 

I post in these threads because I care about others and want to win them for Christ.

Fact of the matter is I'm typically declared the delusional loser in every single one of these threads.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: March 03, 2015, 09:52:55 AM »
I'm perfectly fine with the world keeping this world and all it has to offer them.....I choose to be with my savior where he dwells.

This world is not meant for the body of Christ.  The "army of meek" will inherit the earth, but after it is made new.   It sounds hokey to some I know....I'm fine with it.

our ancestors who invented god(s) didnt know of the sun, the universe. They didnt know the sun would explodes and destroy all planets earth included. They didnt know of evolution, of space, of time. They invented mystical creatures and humans that decided of how, why, when things would happen. Nowadays, we know better. We know things happen without a meaning or purpose to them having to exist. They simply are.

God didnt know the earth would be destroyed by asteroids , pandemics or the sun 's explosion? Nobody will ''inherit the earth and live in peace forever '', it will not happen. We will destroy ourselves or be destroyed. Because we re just an animal species that at some point wont be able to adapt anymore.

That promise that a group, someone, will inherit -access to power, peace and tranquility- forever ALL THE RESSOURCES is just another animal desire, a desire for life, domination, strenght and eternity. Human animals desire access to resources just like dogs, lions, ants, fishes, birds, plants. We re not different and share trhe same brains. All lifeforms are designed to get the best access to limited resources to insure their own survival and the survival or their offspring. In the process, you kill the competition or ally with it if needed. There is nothing else to understand. Life is a butchery that will end in a giant bloodbath. Humans tend to make it a polite butchery, codifying it with bullshit rules only the weak have to follow while the strong constantly modify them to suit their needs and position of power.

But that idea that some group of men will inherit eveyrything will not happen because to prevent it, some other group will prefer to destroy everything so there s no ultimate winner at all. And even if one race dominate all the others and eradicate them, and somehow find a way to ''live in perfect peace on earth for millions, billions of years'' at some point the earth would STILL BE DESTROYED by the sun's explosion. And we wont leave the earth as we re not adapted to live in space or on other planets.

Rational, scientific, cold analysis says we re just a blind animal species conditionned to search for domination that falsely convince itself of different magical beliefs that are reasuring but intrinsically absurd.. Mankind is an animal specie that is born, evolved, aged, adapted, and then will decline, die and disapear , and will bring all of what it invented , god(s) included with it when doing so.

Nobody will believe in god(s) anymore when there s no more life at all anymore on earth. The concept of eternity itself, doesnt exist and is simply a man made invention just like god(s). Nothing lives forever. Everything appear due to randomness, evolves due to the law of nature, then reach a wall, boundaries, then decay, decline, and disapear, and it all start over and over again where there s light and water. There is no meaning, or purpose to it, it just is.

I post in these types of threads not to win the discussion.  

I post in these threads because I care about others and want to win them for Christ.

Fact of the matter is I'm typically declared the delusional loser in every single one of these threads.
dont worry, we ll all ''lose'' in the end as we re all condemned to die at some point. Gee, our whole species is condemned at some point, whatever the amount or quality of offsprings we produce. We are the animal species that will destroy itself and all other animals species in the process. The pinnacle of the blind, absurd, pointless, random process called evolution. Lifeforms only spawn and exist to... disapear.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: March 03, 2015, 10:33:36 AM »
our ancestors who invented god(s) didnt know of the sun, the universe. They didnt know the sun would explodes and destroy all planets earth included. They didnt know of evolution, of space, of time. They invented mystical creatures and humans that decided of how, why, when things would happen. Nowadays, we know better. We know things happen without a meaning or purpose to them having to exist. They simply are.

God didnt know the earth would be destroyed by asteroids , pandemics or the sun 's explosion? Nobody will ''inherit the earth and live in peace forever '', it will not happen. We will destroy ourselves or be destroyed. Because we re just an animal species that at some point wont be able to adapt anymore.

That promise that a group, someone, will inherit -access to power, peace and tranquility- forever ALL THE RESSOURCES is just another animal desire, a desire for life, domination, strenght and eternity. Human animals desire access to resources just like dogs, lions, ants, fishes, birds, plants. We re not different and share trhe same brains. All lifeforms are designed to get the best access to limited resources to insure their own survival and the survival or their offspring. In the process, you kill the competition or ally with it if needed. There is nothing else to understand. Life is a butchery that will end in a giant bloodbath. Humans tend to make it a polite butchery, codifying it with bullshit rules only the weak have to follow while the strong constantly modify them to suit their needs and position of power.

But that idea that some group of men will inherit eveyrything will not happen because to prevent it, some other group will prefer to destroy everything so there s no ultimate winner at all. And even if one race dominate all the others and eradicate them, and somehow find a way to ''live in perfect peace on earth for millions, billions of years'' at some point the earth would STILL BE DESTROYED by the sun's explosion. And we wont leave the earth as we re not adapted to live in space or on other planets.

Rational, scientific, cold analysis says we re just a blind animal species conditionned to search for domination that falsely convince itself of different magical beliefs that are reasuring but intrinsically absurd.. Mankind is an animal specie that is born, evolved, aged, adapted, and then will decline, die and disapear , and will bring all of what it invented , god(s) included with it when doing so.

Nobody will believe in god(s) anymore when there s no more life at all anymore on earth. The concept of eternity itself, doesnt exist and is simply a man made invention just like god(s). Nothing lives forever. Everything appear due to randomness, evolves due to the law of nature, then reach a wall, boundaries, then decay, decline, and disapear, and it all start over and over again where there s light and water. There is no meaning, or purpose to it, it just is.
dont worry, we ll all ''lose'' in the end as we re all condemned to die at some point. Gee, our whole species is condemned at some point, whatever the amount or quality of offsprings we produce. We are the animal species that will destroy itself and all other animals species in the process. The pinnacle of the blind, absurd, pointless, random process called evolution. Lifeforms only spawn and exist to... disapear.

From exploded, swirling stardust were we formed in the cosmos and by exploding stars will we again be reduced to dust within the cosmos that is also ever-expanding bringing us closer and closer to an inevitable cold, dark death.  Our existence is random, our purpose is nothing and our value is worthless.

That cover it?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #222 on: March 03, 2015, 11:09:33 AM »
Boy Interrupted.

/to be continued...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #223 on: March 03, 2015, 12:08:45 PM »
And once again, God has taken attention away from the narcissistic bodybuilder. Attention must be on him at all times. Like an attention starved child, he stomps his feet, flexes a quad, and in a demanding manner throws up a front double biceps pose, as if to say "Look At Me! Pay Attention To Me!"

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: March 03, 2015, 12:17:53 PM »