Author Topic: Gallup: Obama now at 50% for the first time  (Read 986 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Gallup: Obama now at 50% for the first time
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:44:51 AM »
www.Gallup.com

PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup Poll Daily tracking from Aug. 30 through Sept. 1, finds Barack Obama leading the race for president with his highest share of support to date. Fully half of national registered voters now favor Obama for president, while 42% back John McCain.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Gallup: Obama now at 50% for the first time
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 12:01:16 PM »
Big news! The MSM has been trying to create something out of nothing by questioning why Obama could not break 50%.
Well...there you go.  ;)
!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 12:18:55 PM »
www.Gallup.com

PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup Poll Daily tracking from Aug. 30 through Sept. 1, finds Barack Obama leading the race for president with his highest share of support to date. Fully half of national registered voters now favor Obama for president, while 42% back John McCain.
Most pundits on either side of the political spectrum predicted that he'd be up by 8-10 percentage points, so it's not surprising to me.  I'm wondering what kind of bounce McCain's camp will get because he selected Gov. Palin.  My guess is that it won't be as high as Obama's bump.  You can't ask for a better joyride that what the DNC Convention gave.  I don't see the RNC convention being anywhere near as successful.  It's Hollywood vs. Grass Roots.  Hollywood is alot more flamboyant than the Grass Roots folks.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 02:06:10 PM »

The Republicans just need to keep it close until election night, so they'll know how much of an assist they need to provide in the count rooms.