Author Topic: Dont Marry  (Read 12911 times)

Purge_WTF

Re: Dont Marry
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 07:49:53 AM »
I'm guessing you haven't upheld the stricture that one shouldn't have sex before marriage?  ;D

Actually, I've stuck to that Scripture quite well.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 07:52:18 AM »

Good to hear my brother.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 07:52:45 AM »
Interesting read. The guy can write.

Sounds jaded, but he can write.

G

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 07:55:35 AM »

Congratulations.  ::)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 07:55:44 AM »
I think if i was to get divorced i would just live together with a woman. It is good being married if you find the right partner, i donīt think any other woman would put up with my antics... ;)

Yeah, sounds great. Except if you find a woman you like well enough to live with, eventually she will start setting deadlines for moving it to the next level... If you are lucky enough to find one that doesn't want that "insurance" then good for you. The reality is, the ones you can let go of when the deadlines come weren't all that great to begin with.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 08:13:26 AM »
Al Bundy quotes:

* I never wanted to get married, I got married.
   Never wanted kids, I have 2 of them. Why the
   hell am I here?

* Standing here with my loving family,
   I wonder why I'm running from the axe.

* Envy me. That's my wife.
   Those are my kids and I sell womens' shoes.

* I'm not paying for mistakes.
   I've been doing that since I got married.

;D

I wanna get married just for the wife jokes.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2012, 08:14:30 AM »
Yeah, sounds great. Except if you find a woman you like well enough to live with, eventually she will start setting deadlines for moving it to the next level... If you are lucky enough to find one that doesn't want that "insurance" then good for you. The reality is, the ones you can let go of when the deadlines come weren't all that great to begin with.
Fair enough.

I think social pressure, more than anything, makes a woman want marriage.

What do you think?

G

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2012, 08:18:56 AM »
Fair enough.

I think social pressure, more than anything, makes a woman want marriage.

What do you think?

You need to come back to the US, many women today think about the wedding, and not the marriage. It's the event, the planning, the dress, it's the whole show of the wedding. Many of today's women come from divorced or single parent homes, many haven't seen a a marriage that last longer than 10-15 yrs if that. So, they know not what it takes for a marriage to work, all they know is "it's time for me to get married", so that I can show off to my friends. And if they can get their daddy or their soon to be husband's family to pay, it's all the better.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2012, 08:22:13 AM »
You need to come back to the US, many women today think about the wedding, and not the marriage. It's the event, the planning, the dress, it's the whole show of the wedding. Many of today's women come from divorced or single parent homes, many haven't seen a a marriage that last longer than 10-15 yrs if that. So, they know not what it takes for a marriage to work, all they know is "it's time for me to get married", so that I can show off to my friends. And if they can get their daddy or their soon to be husband's family to pay, it's all the better.
Oh, man, it's probably even worse in China.

The pressure not just to get married, but to have a kid (especially a son) is unreal. Parents are all over that shit.

I've dated a few women here and they talk about that shit on the first date (no exaggeration).

I've got a girl now who is bringing it up, but I've already told her how I feel about it.

TBH, I'm a little worried about it.

G

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2012, 08:27:05 AM »

If it's all about the wedding, just agree to stage a wedding, but don't actually sign any marriage certificate documents.  Then, everyone leaves happy. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 08:28:06 AM »
If it's all about the wedding, just agree to stage a wedding, but don't actually sign any marriage certificate documents.  Then, everyone leaves happy. 
Haha.

Great idea.

Tough sell.

G

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 08:52:24 AM »
Unfortunately, that's the way a smart man thinks, women know to get a sucker to agree to all this ish...the sucker falls for the sex, she gets his head all wound up, think he's the shit...meanwhile, she is plotting and planning.
Oh, man, it's probably even worse in China.

The pressure not just to get married, but to have a kid (especially a son) is unreal. Parents are all over that shit.

I've dated a few women here and they talk about that shit on the first date (no exaggeration).

I've got a girl now who is bringing it up, but I've already told her how I feel about it.

TBH, I'm a little worried about it.

Of course, in countries like China, India and other developing countries, there is an expectation that women get married, have kids...and that's "Law", no questions asked. When more women have a say, or focus on their careers, more women will wait, and or use the wedding as a way of showing off.

Isn't there a shortage of women, due to the focus of only having sons? Having a girl should be valuable as it adds to the desirability of women due to the shortage of women. I understand why women are not wanted, I am just thinking of the flip side.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 09:11:46 AM »
Unfortunately, that's the way a smart man thinks, women know to get a sucker to agree to all this ish...the sucker falls for the sex, she gets his head all wound up, think he's the shit...meanwhile, she is plotting and planning.Of course, in countries like China, India and other developing countries, there is an expectation that women get married, have kids...and that's "Law", no questions asked. When more women have a say, or focus on their careers, more women will wait, and or use the wedding as a way of showing off.

Isn't there a shortage of women, due to the focus of only having sons? Having a girl should be valuable as it adds to the desirability of women due to the shortage of women. I understand why women are not wanted, I am just thinking of the flip side.

Yes, there is a shortage of women in China. A lot of Chinese men, judging by the looks I get, don't appreciate me going around with a Chinese girl. I often wonder if that has something to do with. Then again, it could be plain old racism.

Actually, the men in a Chinese marriage are supposed to defer to their women. I used to have roommates who were a couple and I asked the guy if he wanted to have a beer with me. His woman said he couldn't and he didn't drink. It was a super awkward moment and I felt terrible for him. I often wonder if that had something to do with a woman shortage or if that was cultural.

A son is preferred because a male child is a retirement plan. A daughter is expected to go and live with the man's family, and all of that money is expected to go to the same place.

Pensions, while not unheard of, are not the norm in China. The children are supposed to take care of the parents, and that's why having a son is so crucial.

G

RS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 09:20:44 AM »
Thanks man, yes I can't wait until the new addition arrives. Will be my second, and we're not finding out the sex which makes it pretty cool during the actual delivery (the only time i'm looking for a cock and happy when I see one - no homo)

You guys should go for it, it will blow your world when the kid arrives, and it gives you a completely new perspective on life! I literally rush home like a maniac sometimes just so I can read with my son before bed.

Don't wait too long lol

That's awesome man - you sound really into it. Unfortunatly a lot of guys aren't that into it.  Thx for the advice - I'm really thinking long and hard about this - probably the biggest commitment a person or a couple ever has to make.

Hope everything works out perfect with the birth. I'm happy for you  - -
RS

NEXUS 6

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 09:24:19 AM »
this guy lays the smackdown on marriage, should be made law that any man considering a life of slavery read this first

http://dontmarry.wordpress.com/

LOL.....one-sided bullshit.

you a member there ? that site is filled with some real winners

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2012, 09:32:10 AM »
Yes, there is a shortage of women in China. A lot of Chinese men, judging by the looks I get, don't appreciate me going around with a Chinese girl. I often wonder if that has something to do with. Then again, it could be plain old racism.

Actually, the men in a Chinese marriage are supposed to defer to their women. I used to have roommates who were a couple and I asked the guy if he wanted to have a beer with me. His woman said he couldn't and he didn't drink. It was a super awkward moment and I felt terrible for him. I often wonder if that had something to do with a woman shortage or if that was cultural.

A son is preferred because a male child is a retirement plan. A daughter is expected to go and live with the man's family, and all of that money is expected to go to the same place.

Pensions, while not unheard of, are not the norm in China. The children are supposed to take care of the parents, and that's why having a son is so crucial.

Yes, I've read and heard about this---the cultural issue in China, the woman (mother) kinda rules the roost with many things. A matriarchal culture/society.
I was reading back in 2007, of the black chick, who was a makeup artist, who met a Chinese dude and she was attracted to him due to his "feminine features" (WTF, you are attracted to a man due him looking feminine), well she moved to Shanghai with him and commented about how his mother ruled over him like a mother hen over a chick (so you married a feminine looking man who has no backbone). And at the time, his mother wanted a son, no daughters---she couldn't concieve at the time. But, the dude she married, seemed like by US standards as a twink with no backbone.

Anything that will lower a man's chances with an available woman, when women are in short supply, will set a male off. Regardless of race, that can be a box that is ticked off, but imagine if you were in their position, you'd think the same.

XBB007

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2012, 09:38:07 AM »
I used to say "fuk marriage" but that was long ago.  As much as my wife pisses me off and me inturn pissing her off, at the end of the day, we can't live without the other.  I don't want to die alone with no kids to check up on my old crusty ass when that time comes.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2012, 09:39:56 AM »
I used to say "fuk marriage" but that was long ago.  As much as my wife pisses me off and me inturn pissing her off, at the end of the day, we can't live without the other.  I don't want to die alone with no kids to check up on my old crusty ass when that time comes.
You are making an assumption that your kids will check up on you....unless you'll leave em some money, that is.

XBB007

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2012, 09:57:33 AM »
You are making an assumption that your kids will check up on you....unless you'll leave em some money, that is.
My kids have a genuine love for me and their mom.  They have never gave me a reason for me to doubt that they will "take care of me" when I get old and decrepit.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2012, 10:05:12 AM »
I read the block as far as... why marriage has become a bad business decision... and closed the page.

Marriage will not work if you think that way - which is why you yank men are so fucking uptight about the whole subject, you guys have a complete neurotic fear and believe what marriage is all about, of course you fuck it up if you get married already expecting it to fail.

ANY marriage will get rocky for a while, in the old days you had no choice but to ride it out either change or get changed or both change or kill your wife - those were the options.
Today you go and get divorced, which is lazy and stupid, but it fits perfectly into the usual American way of life - if you don't like something close your eyes and it will go away by itself, instead lets blame woman and the economy.

Instead you guys should really think about it BEFORE you get married, am I getting married for the right reasons AND what are the right reasons for me personally - not anybody else but ME.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2012, 10:06:27 AM »
My kids have a genuine love for me and their mom.  They have never gave me a reason for me to doubt that they will "take care of me" when I get old and decrepit.
Well, that's good...
Hopefully, when they realize that taking care you two when your old costs more than shipping you off to a old folks home, then you'll realize "the bottom line is worth more than love"

****I'm being sarcastic, I hope it doesn't happen, but I've heard the same thing said (you just said) from many of old folks.
My folks have been married for 45 yrs, my dad is 70, my mother is 69, I plan on being there for them, just as they were for me.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »
Well, that's good...
Hopefully, when they realize that taking care you two when your old costs more than shipping you off to a old folks home, then you'll realize "the bottom line is worth more than love"

****I'm being sarcastic, I hope it doesn't happen, but I've heard the same thing said (you just said) from many of old folks.
My folks have been married for 45 yrs, my dad is 70, my mother is 69, I plan on being there for them, just as they were for me.

Best you can do is to pull the plug when its time, I had to promise my mother that I'm not going to be afraid to do so if its time (my brother would never do that) and I would, never mind if I go to prison again (easy to say now I know).

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2012, 10:17:43 AM »
Kudos to the forum member who started this thread.

It's very simple... The biggest contributing factor to divorce, is marriage.  Once you understand this, any/all pro-marriage debates are completely meaningless.

If you desire companionship, find a woman over 35-40 years old that has already had her kids.  That way you will not suffer the financial ramifications of being a sperm donor.  

Dumb men get married, so do smart women.  One day you'll get taken to the cleaners.  

All you need to do is simply observe your male family and friends who are married.  Are they really happy?... no.  Do they have freedom?... no.  Are they typically buried under a pile of bills and living check to check... yes.

It's a no brainer... don't get married.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2012, 10:21:06 AM »
Best you can do is to pull the plug when its time, I had to promise my mother that I'm not going to be afraid to do so if its time (my brother would never do that) and I would, never mind if I go to prison again (easy to say now I know).

What did you go to prison for the first time?

G

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2012, 10:35:53 AM »
I like my wife she is a great person. Her dad is an asshole though.