Author Topic: Awesome job Leftists - regulations causing nationwide shortage of drugs.  (Read 522 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
http://www.wnem.com/story/17126976/nationwide-drug-shortage-problem-increasing

Nationwide drug shortage problem increasing
Posted: Mar 10, 2012 8:50 AM EST

For emergency medical technicians, shortages can mean the difference between life and death. (Source: CNN/WCBS)

Healthy Living More>>Fruits, veggies can be beauty toolsVitamins that keep your brain youngEat this: Foods that help heartburnSupport for tougher liquor laws rises when booze, crime linkedSwapping ingredients never tasted so good7 super vitamins to help improve memory10 Valentine’s Day activities that will burn caloriesGossiping might be good for youFitness in 140 characters or lessOne in six Americans binge drink

NEW YORK (CNN/WCBS) – A nationwide drug shortage that's dogging the food and drug administration is hitting home with first responders.

For emergency medical technicians, shortages can mean the difference between life and death.

Ken and Cathy Rapsas' daughter, Mary, suffers daily seizures and without drugs, she would not survive.

"She would die, and that's the bottom line. Mary's already gone into cardiac arrest once. I just don't even want to think about what would happen if we didn't have those medications that would save her life," said her mother.

But the very same ambulance company they call for help is running short of the drugs that could save Mary's life.

"As we're almost out of one drug, we're using another drug to take its place, but pretty soon, that drug will also be out," said Scott Martin of MONOC Health Services.

Nationwide, anti-seizure drugs including intravenous Valium, Versed, and Ativan are among the dozens of drugs - including cancer treatments - that are in short supply.

The ambulance service said it had to special order a temporary replacement anti-seizure drug to avoid running out this weekend, and Mary's parents are beside themselves.

"It's a terrifying situation, just knowing that there's a lack of equipment or lack of medication that would take our daughters life, it's a very, very scary thing," said Mary's father.

The FDA said it tracked at least 220 shortages last year, and claims it prevented 114, but admits the problem is far from solved.

"There is no question that we have our work cut out for us, that it is a public health crisis and we are responding," said Sandra Kweder, M.D., Deputy Director of the Office of New Drugs.

On Capitol Hill, drug makers testified over-regulation is partly to blame for drug shortages, not greed.

"Manufacturers do not and would never deliberately reduce the supply of essential medicines to push prices up," said Ralph Neas of the Generic Pharmaceutical Association.

For the Rapsas family and others like them, political finger pointing will do little good the next time their loved one needs an ambulance.

"She's an integral part of our family we wouldn't be the same without her," said Mary's father.

President Obama supports bi-partisan legislation requiring drug companies to notify the FDA of drug shortages, but so far, congress has failed to act on it.

Copyright 2012 CNN/WCBS. All rights reserved.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
the FDA is a corrupt scam.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Was at a surgery center the other day on business....the anesthesiologist was talking about the same thing. Versed is huge for G.I. procedures and other things as well...

They don't know what they will do if they run out.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Was at a surgery center the other day on business....the anesthesiologist was talking about the same thing. Versed is huge for G.I. procedures and other things as well...

They don't know what they will do if they run out.

maybe we can pass another 2000 page bill no one bothers to read?   

just a thought.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Maybe we can open the door to generics from Canada.   

Oh wait, its better people suffer than our companies suffer from lower profits. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

o talk to Obama Reid and Thuglosi.   Those three thugs banned in under obamacare in order to ram that treasonous evil through.

OzmO

• Getbig V

o talk to Obama Reid and Thuglosi.   Those three thugs banned in under obamacare in order to ram that treasonous evil through.

it was also shot down, forgot how exactly in 2006  i think. 

Now its even worse, as you say i guest with OBC requiring only drugs from US companies?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

Not only that, but like 333 posted in another thread, Obamacare helps out the poor by cutting discounted drugs to Childrens Hospitals that cant afford them.

Obamacare, who would have thought you could design a health insurance program that is actually somehow worse than not having any coverage at all.

All I see from this bullshit program is a way for insurance and big Pharma to make money, it does nothing but fuck people and loads the insurance companies profits even more.
To top things off, you HAVE to buy from one of their companies. So really, can anyone find a way to possibly argue this program helps PEOPLE? All I see is another scam to take tax payers money and put it in the hands of crooks (insurance companies).

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
maybe we can pass another 2000 page bill no one bothers to read?   

just a thought.

Doctors, Admins etc don't like the new health care bill either. From my experiences and my conversations they view insurance companies/medicare/medicaid as one of the biggest problems.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Doctors, Admins etc don't like the new health care bill either. From my experiences and my conversations they view insurance companies/medicare/medicaid as one of the biggest problems.

Of course - it adds new layers of bullshit to deal with that do nothing to improve efficiency, their bottom line in terms of cost of delivery, or the problem w third party payment problems. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This whole sad reality reminds me of the soviet union starving its people in the Ukraine despite the fact that most people were in agriculture.

The bottom line is you can never trust leftists and communists like obama reid and pelosi with the national governance.   

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
This whole sad reality reminds me of the soviet union starving its people in the Ukraine despite the fact that most people were in agriculture.

The bottom line is you can never trust leftists and communists like obama reid and pelosi with the national governance.   
Yeah, you cant, cause they only help out those they care about or are friends with, and theyre willing to fuck everyone else to give their friends whatever they want.
How they justify that, I have no idea.