Author Topic: Charlie Weis and the Giants.  (Read 4636 times)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
Charlie Weis and the Giants.
« on: January 10, 2007, 10:07:42 AM »
Does anybody think Charlie will be offered and take the job as head coach of the Giants.  Notre Dame pays well, but he always said a head coach in the NFL is where he wants to end up?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12262006/sports/giants/big_bang_theory_fit_for_big_blue_giants_steve_serby.htm
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Charlie Weis and the Giants.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 10:15:03 AM »
Thought I heard Coughlin is staying and will actually get a 1 year extension? 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 04:38:07 PM »
Thought I heard Coughlin is staying and will actually get a 1 year extension? 

He is, though I don't understand why. You can't keep a coach who's lost his team, it'll lead to disaster next season. The Giants had all the big names, but couldn't get jackshit done. They had stupid penalties, stupid distractions such as talk about retirement and they just didn't play hard when they should have. You could tell from watching the games that they pretty much gave up on their season.

Coughlin should have been axed.  >:(

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 04:41:18 PM »
He didn't lose the team, otherwise they'd have laid down the last couple of games. The biggest probs on the team have to do with a bad, over-rated core of vets that predates Coughlin, goes back to Fassel. It's only a continuation of it.

Best thing would be to get rid of problem personas like Shockey & Burris, coupled with the departure of Barber. Get good picks for them to be used towards weaknesses such as the secondary. The core of the team has to be remade, no matter who the coach is.With the firing of their offensive coordinator, a better coach has to be used to help Manning develop.

FYI Parcells inquired about becoming GM and was turned down-good.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 04:52:33 PM »
He is, though I don't understand why. You can't keep a coach who's lost his team, it'll lead to disaster next season. The Giants had all the big names, but couldn't get jackshit done. They had stupid penalties, stupid distractions such as talk about retirement and they just didn't play hard when they should have. You could tell from watching the games that they pretty much gave up on their season.

Coughlin should have been axed.  >:(

I agree.  They started 6-2 and finished 2-6.  They definitely quit on him. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 04:58:55 PM »

Best thing would be to get rid of problem personas like Shockey & Burris, coupled with the departure of Barber. Get good picks for them to be used towards weaknesses such as the secondary. The core of the team has to be remade, no matter who the coach is.With the firing of their offensive coordinator, a better coach has to be used to help Manning develop.

FYI Parcells inquired about becoming GM and was turned down-good.

Shockey may have an eccentric personality, but I don't think it's harmful to the team in any way. Burres is another case because it's lack of effort on his part, but the guy is just too good to get rid of imo. The o-line and d-line are what need fixing because they were responsible for most of the penalties and overall undisciplined play. I will miss Tiki, but I think he was in decline anyways and it's now time for him to go and take up a TV career. Besides, the Giants have Jacobs and he had his moments during the season where he showed that he was more than ready to take up Tiki's place.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 05:12:32 PM »
Who cares about Shockey's personality? He just plain sucks. I'm still shocked that Coughlin is here. Guess they might as well wait another year and grab a good coach instead of having to deal with scraps now that all the good ones have been hired at other positions.

body88

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 05:37:47 PM »
They tried to get Pioli to be the gm. He turned them down to stay with NE. Haha, fury what would you do if Pats personal was running your team? Pioli is one of the architects of the superbowl dynasty.

Jets did the same shit. Copied the pats entire philosophy and got a Bilicheck student to run there team. Shit, where do you think the "Mangenious" learned all his shit.

I do not think staying with Tom C was a bad move for the Giants. The guy is a good coach. Injuries had more to do with the Giants probelms then the coaches. Eli is another problem. That team is deep with talent.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 05:39:29 PM »
They tried to get Pioli to be the gm. He turned them down to stay with NE. Haha, fury what would you do if Pats personal was running your team? Pioli is one of the architects of the superbowl dynasty.

Jets did the same shit. Copied the pats entire philosophy and got a Bilicheck student to run there team. Shit, where do you think the "Mangenious" learned all his shit.

Where did Belicheck learn all of his shit? You act like he's some supreme archtitect and came up with all this shit on his own.  ::)

body88

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 05:40:47 PM »
Where did Belicheck learn all of his shit? You act like he's some supreme archtitect and came up with all this shit on his own.  ::)

Read the books written about him. Then speak when you know what you are talking about. Ps, your team was hounding personal from the pats. Says a lot.

I bet you try to discredit One of the greatest coaches to ever live, lol.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 05:42:21 PM »

Read the books written about him. Then speak when you know what you are talking about. Ps, your team was hounding personal from the pats. Says a lot.

I bet you try to discredit One of the greatest coaches to ever live, lol.

Wasn't Belichek a Parcell's assistant? If he was, then you can be thanking the Tuna for everything. I notice you still haven't replied to the other thread I made.

body88

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 05:43:15 PM »
Wasn't Belichek a Parcell's assistant? If he was, then you can be thanking the Tuna for everything. I notice you still haven't replied to the other thread I made.

Wrong..... Read the books then speak when you know the story of Bill. I did not answer your other thread because it is stupid.

You look stupid when you say things like that. You do not look at stats nor have any idea what you are talking about, lol.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 05:45:16 PM »
Wrong..... read the books then speak when you know the story of Bill.

I think the funniest thing is that you refer to him in the first person as if you're buddy buddy with the guy. Oh yeah, I'll add learning about "Bill" right to my list of things to do, right under root canal and above prostate exam.  ::)

body88

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 05:46:29 PM »
I think the funniest thing is that you refer to him in the first person as if you're buddy buddy with the guy. Oh yeah, I'll add learning about "Bill" right to my list of things to do, right under root canal and above prostate exam.  ::)

I did not mean it like that. What's the story with your joke of a Giants hounding pats personal to be the gm of that mess?

After you read a few of the books written on bellicheck I will talk to you about him. I am not going to sit her and explain his life to you.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 05:47:36 PM »
I did not mean it like that. What's the story with your joke of a Giants hounding pats personal to be the gm?

Anything's better than Coughlin, even if you have to settle for second best, i.e. the Pats' personnel.

body88

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 05:48:32 PM »
Anything's better than Coughlin, even if you have to settle for second best, i.e. the Pats' personnel.

Second best? Seems to me they where hounding the man!  I believe Piolli has three rings in 5 years. Whats do the Giants have?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 05:49:03 PM »

Second best? Seems to me they where hounding the man!  I believe Piolli has three rings in 5 years. Whats do the Giants have?

Three rings in 5 years and 0 in the last 2. Good stuff! The Pats are well beyond their glory days.

body88

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 05:51:22 PM »
Three rings in 5 years and 0 in the last 2. Good stuff! The Pats are well beyond their glory days.

Tell me this honestly. You do not find 3 rings in 5 years, 5 consecutive division titles, 2 straight post season appearances and a second round bid in the playoffs impressive? In the salary cap era? What other teams have done this? You have to go back to the old dynasty's to find one. A time in the NFL when there was no cap or free agency :-X A time when you could build a dynasty, it is not like that today.

The Giants cannot even make the second round of the playoffs(in the nfc), nevermind do 1/3rd of that list. What have the NYG done in the last 5 years?

You find me a team that has won three rings in five years, and is still making the postseason in the hardest division. This year going to the second round. You cannot find one, period.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 06:19:14 PM »

Parcells has never been able to win without Bellichick's help on defense, while Bellichick has won without Parcells.

Parcells if he'd been as good as hyped, would still be in the playoffs, bottom line.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 06:21:01 PM »
I agree.  They started 6-2 and finished 2-6.  They definitely quit on him. 

Nope, there were many other factors including an annoying cast of core players that hasn't known how to take orders and STFU since Fassel was there. If they'd really quit, the playoff game wouldn't have come down to the last minute. There were other factors, including the loss of both of their defensive ends, bad offensive coordination that got Hufnagel fired, and the constant public BS from a bad core of players that has to be split up.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 06:23:15 PM »
Shockey may have an eccentric personality, but I don't think it's harmful to the team in any way. Burres is another case because it's lack of effort on his part, but the guy is just too good to get rid of imo. The o-line and d-line are what need fixing because they were responsible for most of the penalties and overall undisciplined play. I will miss Tiki, but I think he was in decline anyways and it's now time for him to go and take up a TV career. Besides, the Giants have Jacobs and he had his moments during the season where he showed that he was more than ready to take up Tiki's place.

Shockey is not as good as hyped, is often injured and is one of the players who distrupts the team with too much public BS. Because some teams think like you do, he'd be good trade bait.

Same for Burress, who is consistently inconsistent and plays below potential much of the time. Those who are impressed by this would give up good picks that could be used for a consistently reliable receiver.

Then they have to get Manning a serious coach and find out whether he's a real QB.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 06:48:19 PM »
I think they should just switch to NJ and quit the fals advertising.  Then they could get Schiano to coach... ::)
Squishy face retard

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 09:52:22 PM »
Pumpster stop making sense.....right now. BF is a Pats hater..there seems to be many. The best book on BB is Education of a Coach and lays out where Belicheck came from and how he collected all that knowledge. I'm sure thats what Body is refering to. The guy is the best coach in th NFL..he's taken average players and made them great. He's disposed of players and so far he's found guys that plug into his sytem. He gets the guys ready to play. We had no business winning the 01' Superbowl but if  Willie McGinest wasn't called for that holding penalty when he mugged Faulk, it would have been a blow out. Its been steadily going up from there. They have gotten out of the cap hell that Bobby Greir and Pete Carrol got us into. He's got 2 first round picks this year. He's got 3 number ones on the D line. This will be a team in contention for a long time. BF has no idea.
L

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 11:30:36 PM »
This having no business winning the '01 Super Bowl cracks me up. You make it out like you were one of the worst teams in the NFL. Guess what, you WON THE AFC. You were a very good team that had a mediocre regular season and ended up playing a Rams team that was already heading into its decline but was still the best team in the league. Teams play above and below their potential in the playoffs and super bowl. Do me a favor and stop talking about '01, no one fucking cares anymore outside of Boston. I could go on about the Yankees in the 90's who were much more dominant than the Pats but it doesn't mean shit. Fact of the matter is that over the last 2 years the Pats have been declining. I suspect they'll probably be worse next year and I'm predicting the Jets to win the division.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 02:12:33 AM »
Pumpster stop making sense.....right now.

Headerhunter's flirting with lucidity again, now that i agree with his NE mania for once. ;)