Author Topic: Owned to oblivion (Obamacare)  (Read 6417 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Owned to oblivion (Obamacare)
« on: August 09, 2014, 06:18:52 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152816052593868

Necrosis, you're a Doctor....right??

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Owned to oblivion (Obamacare)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 07:10:28 PM »
 ;D ::)
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 07:16:46 PM »
wow

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 07:20:44 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 07:31:35 PM »
wow

I agree

wow - what an idiot (or willful liar) Joe Barton is

Joe - you were even mentioned in the article below

That source code included what seems like a very incriminating line, which Barton noted was not even visible to the user:

“[t]his is the part of the signup that is hidden. The applicant does not see this, but it is in the source code. And what that blue highlighted area that’s been circled in red says is, ‘You have no reasonable expectation of privacy regarding any communication or data transmitting or stored on this information system.’”

Except that, here’s the dealio: As Barton says, users don’t actually see that line, so they’re hardly agreeing to it. As for its being “in the source code,” it turns out that even the line Barton highlighted was merely inactive boilerplate copied over from another project and switched off in the code that actually runs on the ACA website. It doesn’t do anything. It is not actually part of the website. Barton’s “discovery” is a bit like complaining about a typo in a first draft that was deleted before the final version, but that can be found if you use “show changes.” He just didn’t mention that it has the programming equivalent of a line through it.

And considerably more important, nothing in the ACA application process asks anyone to reveal private health information, other than whether they smoke. It’s just plain not needed. Can’t very well violate HIPAA if you aren’t giving information that’s covered by HIPAA. And that grilling of Campbell is what triggered Pallone’s “Monkey court” comment. Beutler does some elaborating:

“Monkey court” was a headline grabber but the phrase didn’t in itself pertain to Pallone’s point, which was genuinely profound. Because Obamacare makes preexisting conditions discrimination is a thing of the past, it effectively eliminates one of the most invasive aspects of applying for health insurance, and the risks the process once posed to your health information privacy.

First-timers won’t appreciate it, but for all of Healthcare.gov’s problems, anyone who’s ever applied for insurance on the individual market prior to Obamacare will marvel at its simplicity. It eliminates the most time-consuming, and often degrading, part of the process altogether.

Not that Joe Barton especially cares that he’s lying about that “source code” — already, his grandstanding has gotten positive attention from the usual suspects in the wingnut echo chamber. Get ready to hear endless rants about the secret part of Obamacare that forces you to sign away your privacy rights, even though no such thing exists.

Read more at Wonkette: http://wonkette.com/532588/texas-rep-joe-barton-being-dumb-again-obamacare-edition#ixzz39x6mbyhg
Read more at http://wonkette.com/532588/texas-rep-joe-barton-being-dumb-again-obamacare-edition#RLovy4w04mXC2VG3.99

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 07:34:09 PM »
Joe Barton and Joe Loco are both morons

Joe this hearing was last year and the truth about what Barton was suggesting was immediately available

How is it that over a year later you still didn't get the memo?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 08:17:22 PM »
Joe, what is the date of that hearing?

Hahah, as if it made a difference. lol

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 08:20:48 PM »
I agree

wow - what an idiot (or willful liar) Joe Barton is

Joe - you were even mentioned in the article below

Read more at Wonkette: http://wonkette.com/532588/texas-rep-joe-barton-being-dumb-again-obamacare-edition#ixzz39x6mbyhg
Read more at http://wonkette.com/532588/texas-rep-joe-barton-being-dumb-again-obamacare-edition#RLovy4w04mXC2VG3.99

The "dealio"?? lol. So it was the ole switcharoo. Great story from the "wonkette" hahaha.

"You find out what's in it after it passes" - Nancy Stretch Pelosi

Refute it - Strawman

Hahaha

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 08:52:19 PM »
The "dealio"?? lol. So it was the ole switcharoo. Great story from the "wonkette" hahaha.

"You find out what's in it after it passes" - Nancy Stretch Pelosi

Refute it - Strawman

Hahaha

Joe, a response like this shows that you're a special kind of stupid

When most people own themselves into oblivion they are smart enough to realize it, admit it and move on

What they don't do is keep digging that hole by trying to ignore the facts and bring up other topics or make comments about vernacular, etc...

Are you actually so stupid you don't understand what a face plant you just make with this thread?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 08:53:26 PM »
did he really say that about wind?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 08:56:09 PM »
Joe, a response like this shows that you're a special kind of stupid

When most people own themselves into oblivion they are smart enough to realize it, admit it and move on

What they don't do is keep digging that hole by trying to ignore the facts and bring up other topics or make comments about vernacular, etc...

Are you actually so stupid you don't understand what a face plant you just make with this thread?

Hahahahah. You dug yourself the biggest hole when you voted for this loser......twice. lol

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 08:57:20 PM »
Quote from: 240 is Back link=topic=545368.msg

7653615#msg7653615 date=1407642806
did he really say that about wind?
And here you are commenting on a meme instead of what's in the video.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 09:10:45 PM »

well, i know the democrat that said the island of guam could tip over, is a stone cold idiot, and therefore I need to take everything they say with a grain of salt... I mean, how easily could this politician be duped if he/she lacks the basic understanding of simple science topics, that islands can't really flip over?   Which idiot dem was that?

So yes, anyone who says "Wind energy slows down the wind and therefore heats up the planet", regardless of their political party, is a complete idiot.  And everything this idiot says, regardless of party, should be examined as words of a person who can be fooled/tricked/manipulated by anyone with a 40 IQ, because, well, he kinda feels like he's a 36 or 37 IQ here. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 09:13:43 PM »

what's in the video is Joe Barton being too stupid to know the text he is so concerned about is not only not in the legislation but the point he is trying to make is specious

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 09:27:39 PM »
what's in the video is Joe Barton being too stupid to know the text he is so concerned about is not only not in the legislation but the point he is trying to make is specious

I see. Lol

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 09:29:17 PM »
I see. Lol

LOL @ the irony of that statement

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 04:00:24 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152816052593868

Necrosis, you're a Doctor....right??

I was going to respond to this as I remembered this was all bullshit, however, strawman has done it for me.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 04:02:23 AM »
I see. Lol

You do realize that Joe Barton is wrong here correct? you do realize that there is a difference between truth and lies correct.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 04:32:53 AM »
Shee-it, Coach, why not just "man up" and say you didn't realize that this issue was a year old and had been debunked?

(Unless you're trolling -- In which case it's kind of clever and you should definitely do more of this, lol)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 09:32:38 AM »
Shee-it, Coach, why not just "man up" and say you didn't realize that this issue was a year old and had been debunked?

(Unless you're trolling -- In which case it's kind of clever and you should definitely do more of this, lol)

Joe is not trolling.   He's the real deal.  He knows that facts have a strong liberal bias and should be dismissed without consideration

You've got to love the irony of the title of the thread

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 10:16:57 AM »
Yep, you got me on this one. The guys an idiot. Doesn't take away from the FACT that Obamacare is still a complete disaster.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 10:39:40 AM »
Yep, you got me on this one. The guys an idiot. Doesn't take away from the FACT that Obamacare is still a complete disaster.

you got yourself

I'm curious how you came upon this video and decided to post it

did you receive it in an email or did you just find it yourself and decide to post it

seriously, I'd like to know

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 10:44:05 AM »

Dear Coach,

after owning yourself, with no external coercion we have to take your claim that Obamacare is a disaster with a grain of salt.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2014, 10:52:38 AM »
A billion on a failed website and a disastrous prgram based on lies and fraud - yeah 0-fagcare doing just great

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2014, 10:57:59 AM »
A billion on a failed website and a disastrous prgram based on lies and fraud - yeah 0-fagcare doing just great

you're forgetting that now your pre-existing mental health issues won't prevent you from getting insurance