Author Topic: 2nd World Bodybuilding & Physique Championship (WBPF )  (Read 11047 times)

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Re: 2nd World Bodybuilding & Physique Championship (WBPF )
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2010, 07:04:44 AM »
just stating the truth................ top competitors go for the top most prestigeous titles..

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2010, 07:04:55 AM »
  The only difference between the IFBB and WBPF is a few letters of the alphabet.  Unfortunately the problems faced in one of the organizations is the same problems face by the other. These issue sadly seem to be inherent in our sport. To sit back and point fingers is like living in a glass house and throwing stones.  Lets hope one day this may not be true but this day I think it is.

Pat

Yes Pat you are correct, people in glass houses should not throw stones, but this is what Chua/ABBF are doing towards the IFBB, of course IFBB is just a messed up as ABBF, like you said its inherent in this sport, I guess its just the nature of the beast.
Thunderdome approved

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2010, 07:06:16 AM »
just stating the truth................ top competitors go for the top most prestigeous titles..

Yes NABBA and IFBB are the top feds and have the history including all the great bodybuilders, I actually think that these days the NABBA guys look different better
Thunderdome approved

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2010, 07:11:02 AM »
Hi Pat, The different between IFBB and WBPF is not a few letters of the alphabet. I read IFBB constitution, as well as WBPF Constitution, there is  a great gap between the two federations.
IFBB in article 12.1 Election: there is no election in this federation, it is just appointment by the President.All the Executive Committee Members holding their post for more than 15 years, because this a Private company operated by the president and his group. But WBPF constitution gave the Congress full authority for election, and the president has no right to interfere with the election, and no appointment . I respect your points. Regards.

The real head of ABBF/WBPF is Paul Chua, why is his position not up for election? how can he be in charge for 40+ years ::) if there is any election then its just a closed circle election, the bodybuilders have no vote, a true election would mean every member incl. bodybuilders and officials has a vote, one man one vote!
Thunderdome approved