Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 416143 times)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #325 on: August 23, 2015, 05:18:34 AM »
If someone takes steroids and doesn't workout, they won't develop much of a physique. So yes, if a person works out and takes steroids to enhance their physique they should get credit for working out. There are people who go to the extreme and become massive. Carrying extra weight regardless whether it is muscle of fat, is hard on your heart and can lead to other health problems.

I completely disagree with your premise that steroid physiques should get credit or praise for their physique. How many act like the authority on training while juicing then look like complete crap off the drugs?  Where is their training knowledge then? Where is their work ethic now? It's all tied into the syringe and pills. It's not the finishing touch. I will admit I am in awe of what genetics, hard work and drugs can do. I also never forget what they would really look like without drugs too.

I agree that gaining too much weight whether muscle or fat can be a problem for the heart muscle. If bodybuilders could display their heart muscle on stage they would be doing a lot of cardio.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2015, 01:08:31 PM »
I'll be in Corvallis Mon/Tues.

On business or pleasure? Corvallis is only about an hour and a half from me. My sister-in-law and her husband live in Philomath. Philomath is the next town west of Corvallis.

Up north were I am, the sky is so smoky from all the fires, it is orange colored. There is an air quality warning today as there was yesterday. I don't know how far south this goes.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #327 on: August 23, 2015, 04:57:46 PM »
On business or pleasure? Corvallis is only about an hour and a half from me. My sister-in-law and her husband live in Philomath. Philomath is the next town west of Corvallis.

Up north were I am, the sky is so smoky from all the fires, it is orange colored. There is an air quality warning today as there was yesterday. I don't know how far south this goes.
Business. Have a fairly large customer up there.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #328 on: August 24, 2015, 01:45:26 AM »

I completely disagree with your premise that steroid physiques should get credit or praise for their physique. How many act like the authority on training while juicing then look like complete crap off the drugs?  Where is their training knowledge then? Where is their work ethic now? It's all tied into the syringe and pills. It's not the finishing touch. I will admit I am in awe of what genetics, hard work and drugs can do. I also never forget what they would really look like without drugs too.

I agree that gaining too much weight whether muscle or fat can be a problem for the heart muscle. If bodybuilders could display their heart muscle on stage they would be doing a lot of cardio.
Of course too much size and weight stress the Heart more. Most walk on the Treadmill because running is out the question. Apart from a few exceptions like the old school guys like Frank Zane who ran, the Treadmill or stationary bike are more suited. Some of the not so big guys can crank it up a bit on the Stairmaster. Then there are the guys who think Fat Bulk is being big. still get these Disillusioned people. the ones who walk around in a Shirt as big as a Tent but donīt take it off at the Beach.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #329 on: August 24, 2015, 07:25:52 AM »
Trained legs today. Finally wore my Olympic lifting shoes instead of squatting in running shoes. Squatting in running shoes is like trying to squat on a mattress.  I kept hurting my hip until I figured it was my feet were just too unstable in the running shoes. No issues with that today.

Thought I was going to pass out after using the leg press. I have zero issues with the one I own. This commercial one seems to spike the blood pressure in my head. Scared the hell out of me with the sensation I was going to pass out. I won't be using it again. 

Gym Observations:

1. I don't know how some people think they are working out? They spend so much time chatting with everyone and then on their phones.  It seems like they do a non taxing set every 4 minutes.

2. I forgot my Poland spring water bottle. I buy it by the case in Costco for about $4.50. The gym charged me $1.50 for one bottle.  Wow!

3. Anyone worried about catching a skin diseases at the gym. If you have ever wrestled or done no gi jui jitsu you know it can be a problem.  Now I just heard from a paramedic that hepatitis can be caught from sweat. I never heard that before. I use a towel on most equipment but the majority doesn't.

4. Their power cage just has the holes in the wrong position to be of use to me when I am squatting. It's too high or too low. I asked a young man for just a visual spot in case I crashed and burned squatting and he was happy to do the favor. There is hope. 

5. Older short blonde about 50 with painted on stretch work out pants over a thick curvy ass had me going. The face was a little rough but he body was kicken.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #330 on: August 24, 2015, 08:37:38 AM »
is Steve on Vacation or what ? not like him to miss a few Days on here..

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #331 on: August 24, 2015, 09:06:51 AM »
is Steve on Vacation or what ? not like him to miss a few Days on here..

Vacation or maybe health issues. Maybe he has more issues with that urinary tract thing.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #332 on: August 24, 2015, 09:10:08 AM »
Vacation or maybe health issues. Maybe he has more issues with that urinary tract thing.
yes could be..hope heīs OK solid Guy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: August 24, 2015, 09:52:42 AM »
Trained legs today. Finally wore my Olympic lifting shoes instead of squatting in running shoes. Squatting in running shoes is like trying to squat on a mattress.  I kept hurting my hip until I figured it was my feet were just too unstable in the running shoes. No issues with that today.

Thought I was going to pass out after using the leg press. I have zero issues with the one I own. This commercial one seems to spike the blood pressure in my head. Scared the hell out of me with the sensation I was going to pass out. I won't be using it again.  

Gym Observations:

1. I don't know how some people think they are working out? They spend so much time chatting with everyone and then on their phones.  It seems like they do a non taxing set every 4 minutes.

2. I forgot my Poland spring water bottle. I buy it by the case in Costco for about $4.50. The gym charged me $1.50 for one bottle.  Wow!

3. Anyone worried about catching a skin diseases at the gym. If you have ever wrestled or done no gi jui jitsu you know it can be a problem.  Now I just heard from a paramedic that hepatitis can be caught from sweat. I never heard that before. I use a towel on most equipment but the majority doesn't.

4. Their power cage just has the holes in the wrong position to be of use to me when I am squatting. It's too high or too low. I asked a young man for just a visual spot in case I crashed and burned squatting and he was happy to do the favor. There is hope.  

5. Older short blonde about 50 with painted on stretch work out pants over a thick curvy ass had me going. The face was a little rough but he body was kicken.

Take your time when you get out of the leg press. If you stand up too fast, this can cause you to feel like you're going to pass out. I think it is actually from low blood pressure.

Hepatitis B can be transferred via someone's sweat. It is a blood born pathogen. This pretty much means you'd have to have an open cut or raw area, like a scrape, to get it off of gym equipment. If it comforts you to wipe the equipment down beforehand, feel free to do this. It probably wouldn't help though because disinfectants need a ten minute contact to be completely effective. Have you considered the fact that everything you touch has germs on it. You can't, nor should you, avoid all germs. To do that you'd have to live in a completely sterile environment. This could actually inhibit you immune system.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #334 on: August 24, 2015, 10:04:56 AM »
On vacation .having fun w kids and my nephews.mom.sis.relaxing .brought some perfect pushup handles and some dbbells for pump lol.otherwise a rest I need it.I was being treated for std lol it was negative of course.basically I think I had inflammation urethra tract.I got 500mg cypro.and flomax lol and I used but weeping off otc med avo for urinary symptoms u pee orange.I'm ok otherwise.100 mg the crap other Dr gave me did squat.went to my dad's and late grandmother's Dr.dude is sharp.see u soon.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2015, 10:14:19 AM »
On vacation .having fun w kids and my nephews.mom.sis.relaxing .brought some perfect pushup handles and some dbbells for pump lol.otherwise a rest I need it.I was being treated for std lol it was negative of course.basically I think I had inflammation urethra tract.I got 500mg cypro.and flomax lol and I used but weeping off otc med avo for urinary symptoms u pee orange.I'm ok otherwise.100 mg the crap other Dr gave me did squat.went to my dad's and late grandmother's Dr.dude is sharp.see u soon.
Keep Pumping  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: August 24, 2015, 10:22:47 AM »
Enjoy your vacation. You are so dedicated to training. I would never think to bring any equipment with me on a vacation unless it was for a couple of months.

Glad to read that the Cypro worked for you. Flomax was intended to treat an enlarged prostate, although it does not shrink the prostate. Were you having symptoms of an enlarged prostate such as, having to pee a lot but not emptying your bladder or just difficulty peeing?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #337 on: August 24, 2015, 05:23:25 PM »
Take you time when you get out of the leg press. If you stand up too fast, this can cause you to feel like you're going to pass out. I think it is actually from low blood pressure.

Hepatitis B can be transferred via someone's sweat. It is a blood born pathogen. This pretty much means you'd have to have an open cut or raw area, like a scrape, to get it off of gym equipment. If it comforts you to wipe the equipment down beforehand, feel free to do this. It probably wouldn't help though because disinfectants need a ten minute contact to be completely effective. Have you considered the fact that everything you touch has germs on it. You can't, nor should you, avoid all germs. To do that you'd have to live in a completely sterile environment. This could actually inhibit you immune system.

I know that applies to kids but as an adult I wash my hands and also alcohol my hands when needed. I won't shake hands with a person who doesn't wash his hands. I use a towel as a barrier on equipment. I'm sure it's full of E-coli bacteria and other bugs like mrsa. So many wrestlers and no Gi jui jitsu guys come up with skin infections from rolling around with other guys. I don't want to push my bare skin on equipment that maybe 50 people have sweated on in 24 hours even if the cleaning staff wiped it down three times a day.  Regarding hepatitis I know it's a blood transmission but also fecal and saliva of the various strains of hepatitis. I do recall the paramedic saying sweat and maybe he misspoke saying that.  I do know he is a sharp guy and maybe I misunderstood him during a class I took.  Blood pressure spikes during a leg press. It doesn't decrease.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: August 24, 2015, 09:13:53 PM »
You should read this article about high blood pressure symptoms. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HighBloodPressure/SymptomsDiagnosisMonitoringofHighBloodPressure/What-are-the-Symptoms-of-High-Blood-Pressure_UCM_301871_Article.jsp

Question, how do you know if someone has washed their hands before you shake?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #339 on: August 25, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »
You should read this article about high blood pressure symptoms. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HighBloodPressure/SymptomsDiagnosisMonitoringofHighBloodPressure/What-are-the-Symptoms-of-High-Blood-Pressure_UCM_301871_Article.jsp

Question, how do you know if someone has washed their hands before you shake?

When I worked in an office it became the talk of the office the guys that didn't wash their hands after using the bathroom. Those are the guys I wouldn't shake hands with. I also use alcohol hand santizer after shaking an unknown.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #340 on: August 25, 2015, 09:13:58 AM »
Trained delt and arms.

Gym Observation:

Talked to a beautiful girl who said she went from marathon running to pure bodybuilding. She really knows what she is doing and does a lot of maybe obscure exercises for body parts. She is really muscular but not in the steroid female bodybuilder way.  I always thought she was around a 27 and truth be told I'm pretty good guessing ages.  A guy I use to work with told me she has a 25 year old son.  Pretty amazing. Her face is so youthful.  I really feel bodybuilding without drugs is one of the best things you can do for your body. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: August 25, 2015, 10:54:35 AM »
When I worked in an office it became the talk of the office the guys that didn't wash their hands after using the bathroom. Those are the guys I wouldn't shake hands with. I also use alcohol hand santizer after shaking an unknown.

Does this mean you carry hand sanitizer with you everywhere you go?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: August 25, 2015, 11:06:40 AM »
Yesterday was leg day.

30 minutes of cardio; all on the recumbent bicycle.

Nautilus seated leg extensions, 4x12
Nautilus seated leg curls, 4x12-10
Leg presses, 5x12-10
Reverse hack squats, 4x12-10
Seated calf raises, 4x15-12
Nautilus crunches, 4x15

....and done.

Used modest resistance on all exercises, although I increased the weight somewhat on the leg press, where I used 315 on the last set. - Still a puny weight. Last year I was doing more than 3 times that.

No workout today as I a stay with the 3 day a week routine for awhile longer.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #343 on: August 25, 2015, 06:10:55 PM »
Does this mean you carry hand sanitizer with you everywhere you go?

Yes, I have one in my car. They have automatic dispensers at work. For decades I carried a little one in my pocket that they sell at drug stores. Yes, I wash my hands when I go to the bathroom as an opportunity to wash off bacteria and viruses.

What's going on Prime? You seem to like to be hostile and antagonistic on every post I put up.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #344 on: August 25, 2015, 06:32:38 PM »
Trained delt and arms today:

Press behind the neck 3 x 6
Hammer Strength delt press 2 x 10
dumbbell laterals 2 x 10
rear dumbbell laterals 2 x 10
Single arm D handle pulley 1 x 10
Barbell shrug 2 x 10 ( Used 10lbs lighter than usual and it felt better like I was doing a better purer movement)

Straight bar curl 2 x 10
Nautilus isolateral bicep curl 3 x 10
straight bar pulley curl 2 x 10

Behind the neck tricep pulley machine 2 x 10
Traditional tricep push downs 3 x 10
dips with body weight 2 x max ( someone stole the dipping strap and chain)

forearm wrist curls 2 x 20
reverse barbell curls 2 x 10 (I have to remember to reverse forearm exercises. I had trouble holding the bar)

Ab coaster 2 x 27 with 25 lbs ( try to really go as high a possible. Most don't seem to go up high and it becomes just a pendulum movement with little resistance.)
Ab wheel 1 x max (feeling a strain with this in the abs. Have to be careful)
Twisting ab machine 2 x 10

Went home and ran one mile on the treadmill which made me happy considering that was the second run in over 6 weeks from being injured. Slight pain and I ran a slow mile. Actually going to run outside tomorrow.  It's predicted to be 85 and sunny. Should have a good sweat going.

Diet goes great for breakfast. Great for lunch and dinner. Then in front of the tv I completely give up. Had chips and an ice cream sandwich. I guess it could be worst.  New job that involves standing on my feet stationary for some of the time but it's mainly walking for hours. I think it's made a difference on fat levels.  

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: August 25, 2015, 08:51:40 PM »
Yes, I have one in my car. They have automatic dispensers at work. For decades I carried a little one in my pocket that they sell at drug stores. Yes, I wash my hands when I go to the bathroom as an opportunity to wash off bacteria and viruses.

What's going on Prime? You seem to like to be hostile and antagonistic on every post I put up.
He's just asking questions about an odd habit. Not too often you see people hand sanitizing constantly. Before hand sanitizers did you constantly go to the restroom to wash your hands?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: August 26, 2015, 01:51:41 AM »

Don't take my replies to you as hostile or antagonistic, they're not meant that way. I'm a compulsive fact checker. If something someone posts seems a bit off to me, regardless of whether I like them or not, I am inclined to do some research to make sure what they post can be supported. I almost never take anything people say at face value. Although it isn't my business what people believe unless it affects me in some way, sometimes some people might benefit from seeing the facts a opposed to going just on their opinions.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: August 26, 2015, 01:56:15 AM »
He's just asking questions about an odd habit. Not too often you see people hand sanitizing constantly. Before hand sanitizers did you constantly go to the restroom to wash your hands?

I assume you're home now. Hope the trip was a success and you got to check out Corvallis. I've always like that town.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #348 on: August 26, 2015, 02:34:02 AM »
Trained delt and arms today:

Press behind the neck 3 x 6
Hammer Strength delt press 2 x 10
dumbbell laterals 2 x 10
rear dumbbell laterals 2 x 10
Single arm D handle pulley 1 x 10
Barbell shrug 2 x 10 ( Used 10lbs lighter than usual and it felt better like I was doing a better purer movement)

Straight bar curl 2 x 10
Nautilus isolateral bicep curl 3 x 10
straight bar pulley curl 2 x 10

Behind the neck tricep pulley machine 2 x 10
Traditional tricep push downs 3 x 10
dips with body weight 2 x max ( someone stole the dipping strap and chain)

forearm wrist curls 2 x 20
reverse barbell curls 2 x 10 (I have to remember to reverse forearm exercises. I had trouble holding the bar)

Ab coaster 2 x 27 with 25 lbs ( try to really go as high a possible. Most don't seem to go up high and it becomes just a pendulum movement with little resistance.)
Ab wheel 1 x max (feeling a strain with this in the abs. Have to be careful)
Twisting ab machine 2 x 10

Went home and ran one mile on the treadmill which made me happy considering that was the second run in over 6 weeks from being injured. Slight pain and I ran a slow mile. Actually going to run outside tomorrow.  It's predicted to be 85 and sunny. Should have a good sweat going.

Diet goes great for breakfast. Great for lunch and dinner. Then in front of the tv I completely give up. Had chips and an ice cream sandwich. I guess it could be worst.  New job that involves standing on my feet stationary for some of the time but it's mainly walking for hours. I think it's made a difference on fat levels.  
yes itīs better to be on your feet and walk around during the Day. I saw a report on this and they said that sitting all Day in an office and then doing say 30 mins cardio as most do after work does not fully reverse the negative effects. It was suggested that every hour the office worker walked up and down stairs for 5 mins non stop .. not practical for some.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: August 26, 2015, 09:39:31 AM »
I assume you're home now. Hope the trip was a success and you got to check out Corvallis. I've always like that town.
Didn't spend alot of time downtown but it looked very cool, hate the one way streets though. ;D
Got a wake up call there, customers main facility has decided to close this building down, about 50-60 more unemployed.  :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!