Author Topic: Mike Rogers on Privacy  (Read 327 times)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Mike Rogers on Privacy
« on: October 30, 2013, 04:06:59 PM »
During a hearing, Representative Mike Rogers stated that you can't have your privacy violated if you don't know about it. Here's the exchange between Representative Rogers and Prof. Stephen Vladeck:

Rogers: I would argue the fact that we haven't had any complaints come forward with any specificity arguing that their privacy has been violated, clearly indicates, in ten years, clearly indicates that something must be doing right. Somebody must be doing something exactly right.

Vladeck: But who would be complaining?

Rogers: Somebody who's privacy was violated. You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated.

Vladeck: I disagree with that. If a tree falls in the forest, it makes a noise whether you're there to see it or not.

Rogers: Well that's a new interesting standard in the law. We're going to have this conversation... but we're going to have wine, because that's going to get a lot more interesting...

The analogy that Professor Vladek came up with on the spot is right on the money, and you can clearly see that it stunned and astounded Rogers.

Read more at http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20131029/18020225059/mike-rogers-you-cant-have-your-privacy-violated-if-you-dont-know-about-it.shtml

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Mike Rogers on Privacy
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 04:22:56 PM »
As a conservative-leaning libertarian, I'll say that that is some of the most piss-poor logic I've ever encountered.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Mike Rogers on Privacy
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 04:26:27 PM »
As a conservative-leaning libertarian, I'll say that that is some of the most piss-poor logic I've ever encountered.
x2
what a fucking cock sucker.

Do these idiots actually believe the shit theyre spewing? Or are they just shamelessly lying to tow 5he party line?