Author Topic: Where Has the Obama Thrill Gone?  (Read 705 times)

James

Where Has the Obama Thrill Gone?
« on: November 23, 2009, 11:30:50 AM »
Millions of independents and swing voters went for Obama for five reasons: (1) they believed the media hype that Bush was the “worst” (fill in the blanks); (2) the sudden financial panic of September 2008 and the anger at Wall Street banditry and bail-outs; (3) Obama’s youth, charm, and oratory; (4) the feel-good novelty of voting in our first African-American president; (5) Obama’s centrist campaign message of paying down debt, working with allies, drilling, being tough against Al Qaeda, and being bipartisan.

It’s taken almost 11 months, but voters now know that propositions 1-5 are now refuted or irrelevant:

1) Bush is history. Like Truman, in time he will begin to look better not worse. More importantly, Bush’s sins that bothered voters— too much big government and big deficits—were simply trumped by Obama’s gargantuan deficits and federalization of health care, banking, and the auto industry. “Bush did it” doesn’t work any more. “Obama did it even more” is the new worry....

http://pajamasmedia.com/victordavishanson/where-has-the-thrill-gone/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Where Has the Obama Thrill Gone?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:44:19 AM »
The thrill is going to be gone when UE hits 12.5% and people are paying $10 for an apple at the grocery and $5 for a gallon of gas. 

James

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 11:51:32 AM »
The thrill is going to be gone when UE hits 12.5% and people are paying $10 for an apple at the grocery and $5 for a gallon of gas.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 11:54:56 AM »
Error 2012.... Tingle in Leg Not Found...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 12:00:48 PM »

CA already has that rate of unemployment and a number of states have equaled or exceeded that.

My concern is that, should the Dems get their clocks cleaned next year, Obama will do a bare-minimum about-face, just to save his hide in 2012.

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 12:01:46 PM »

i honestly believe that if Mcclown was in office, there would be a global depression right now

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 12:02:47 PM »

i honestly believe that if Mcclown was in office, there would be a global depression right now

We are heading there anyway.  The only issue is for how long. 

James

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 12:04:54 PM »

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 12:27:01 PM »

::)

Oh, so some fantasy premonition you have suddenly makes all of this OK?

That isn't the topic we are discussing, anyways.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »
Obama yo momma

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 01:02:07 PM »

You base that on what exactly.Which policy of McCains would have pushed us into a global depression.Wasting 700 trillion on a stimulous?Taking over car industries?Jamming an incredibly bad health care bill down peoples throats?Please tell me which policy McCain would have enacted that would even be as remotely damaging as Obamas entire agenda.